Sign in to follow this  
Serif The Sheriff

KJ Flaming gloves

Can someone please explain the reasoning behind restricting this item on the race? If it's too strong being paired with the ability then make the ability LOS and not hit through walls, or decrease the range, make it do less damage, there are so many ways to fix the issue than just restricting an item that shouldn't be restricted on it.

Yeah no thanks, the issue with this race arised when the ability was added so obviously the ability needs to be balanced instead of restricting an item that has never been restricted on it before. Not to mention that if you get on the server and watch people play KJ, there is only a small handful of people (a very small handful) that can play the race and go positive or even stay even on it with the way it is so if it was really so op why do so many people fail at that race so hard?

Unrestrict gloves, balance the ability if you really feel it needs balanced. 

Ok, what the hell happened with KJ? More damage and less slow with a beacon everytime? Why? All people complain about with that race is the damage from the ability so why buff it? Put the slow back to 40%, reduce the damage (get rid of it if you really think it's necessary even though hardly anyone can play that race well with it) and unrestrict Gloves, problem solved.

IMO Keep the slow and remove the damage so that it can be used to slow a person down and then knife him instead of hiding in a place you can't be seen spamming the ability...

I honestly think it should stay restricted. Pretty much an infinite amount of fire nades for something that is completely invisible and can get nearly anywhere is op, with or without its skill. Just because you want it, doesnt mean everyone does.

Also if people are hiding out just to spam the ulti, report them. Last i checked its against the rules to do that.

IMO Keep the slow and remove the damage so that it can be used to slow a person down and then knife him instead of hiding in a place you can't be seen spamming the ability...

This would be fine, or just make it do less damage, or increase the cooldown to 30 seconds. Because Orc's ult does more damage than KJ ability and has  30 second cooldown and it hits people through walls as well.

And Evalynn, it's HE grenades and it's not really an infinite amount because it usually takes anywhere between 20-30 seconds to spawn a nade in. And this, yet again, isn't something that I think needs changed just because I want it and I think I have to have my way on the server because only my opinion matters and no one elses so get that bull shit out of here. This is a balancing issue, that item is a key part of how that race is played on the server. That race, without the ability damage, has no sort of damage output, the nades help let it deal more damage and it's not like the nades deal tons of damage or anything, on top of that when people play the race and use the nades it's not used as a way to just spam from far away and deal damage without ever having to get close, they are used as a way to inflict some damage and disarm a person before going in for a kill.

No one ever had any issues with the race having Gloves before the ability was added so fix the ability, bring Gloves back, simple as that. Taking Gloves away completely changes how that race gets played and adding in the beacon after every ability use makes the race way easier to counter even though it was already easy enough to counter.

Edit: Also Evalynn, just because you don't want it doesn't mean no one else wants it either. Some people use that item as a way to help find the KJ. Because if I throw a nade and people see where it comes from they can try to get over there and do something about it, or if I am running around holding onto a nade they can see that 100% no matter where I am on the map because the nades don't get invis like your knife and scout do.

And whatever happened to having polls or server discussions about this kind of thing before making such big changes to a race? That used to happen all the time so that people who were for or against a major nerf/change in a race could get on the forums and make their case but other than Marine that hasn't happened that I have seen and there have been some pretty major nerfs and changes to some races.

Edited by Serif The Sheriff

And whatever happened to having polls or server discussions about this kind of thing before making such big changes to a race? That used to happen all the time so that people who were for or against a major nerf/change in a race could get on the forums and make their case but other than Marine that hasn't happened that I have seen and there have been some pretty major nerfs and changes to some races.

You seem to think this is democracy. If something is not balanced it gets tweaked engis don't need to ask the community..

lol

You seem to think this is democracy. If something is not balanced it gets tweaked engis don't need to ask the community..

lol

Lol, I understand they will do what they want when they want and it doesn't matter what anyone else says, but they should be making things balanced, and when they add a new skill and people complain about the skill why would that then make sense to restrict an item that has nothing to do with it? And last year and the year before when I was here the ENG's would make a lot more posts about this stuff to see what the whole server thought since they don't always have the time to get on an play and see things for themselves and didn't want to just make changes based off a few peoples complaints.

Lol, I understand they will do what they want when they want and it doesn't matter what anyone else says, but they should be making things balanced, and when they add a new skill and people complain about the skill why would that then make sense to restrict an item that has nothing to do with it? And last year and the year before when I was here the ENG's would make a lot more posts about this stuff to see what the whole server thought since they don't always have the time to get on an play and see things for themselves and didn't want to just make changes based off a few peoples complaints.

How can you say flaming gloves has nothing to do with the ability? Both flaming gloves and the new ability are ranged attacks. They added the ability and it seems like it was a bit over the top considering the ranged dmg KJ could do without being seen. So they took off the flaming gloves?!? Now compared to the old KJ it has free ranged ability that slows a persong helping the KJ to catch him. Imo seems like a pretty good deal.

That's my take on the matter atleast.

Isn't that what you always wanted? KJ to have a way to catch one of the faster races? 

Edited by xmen

How can you say flaming gloves has nothing to do with the ability? Both flaming gloves and the new ability are ranged attacks. They added the ability and it seems like it was a bit over the top considering the ranged dmg KJ could do without being seen. So they took off the flaming gloves?!? Now compared to the old KJ it has free ranged ability that slows a persong helping the KJ to catch him. Imo seems like a pretty good deal.

That's my take on the matter atleast.

Isn't that what you always wanted? KJ to have a way to catch one of the faster races? 

What I was saying is that Gloves were not the issue with the race being too strong, the ability caused that issue (even though I don't agree that it's too strong), so why not just change the ability that cause it in the first place? I would much rather have Gloves than the damage on the ability. So why not just remove the damage on the ability and bring Gloves back? That solves the problem just as well.

Or you could remove the ability altogether and just add passive LJ lol.

I would rather the race go back to being weak without the ability and get Gloves back than to have the ability and lose Gloves.

Your desires != balance or everyone else's desires. The change was made for a reason and the change should stay unless whoever made the change decides the reason was not good enough. Simple as that.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk