Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sean

Windows 10 is now available for upgrade

lol noob.

ive been using win10 for about 2 months now. no problems in gaming or anything else. I started running RTM (what's now GA) about 2 weeks ago and it's very solid. Edge is a great browser but lacking as Sean mentioned so i still use chrome. 

if you're on 7 still.. you've been a retard for a little while now. if you're on 8/8.1 that's fine, windows 10 is what 8/8.1 should've been. 

Well said. 

Yeah, people have made tests and so have I, and chrome uses double the ram compared to edge, which is amazing. 

And 7 is garbage compared to windows 8.1/10 so kudos to you on that one as well.

I've had windows 10 forever now with no nvidia issues. I game every day

Sent from my oneplus one

microsoft%20solitaire%20collection%207_2

no thanks

I got one 15 second video ad after playing 10 hands of solitare NBD in my opinion espiecially considering this is one app and easily the best windows available.

Actually I have had a problem, when the drivers update it uninstalled my driver's first so my screen was fucked for about 5m. Happened 4 times total probably more to come but no biggie. I guess I could install enterprise and decline updates for drivers

Sent from my oneplus one

Apparently if you have 10 Pro you can use gpedit to get rid of the automatic updates

You can also just disable the windows update services on regular win 10 if you want to take that approach.. 

Still running win 7... Will propably switch to 10 when it becomes available  :)

also:

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2015/07/29/wind-nos/

any thoughts?

Turned it all off when I went through the startup. Select custom or advanced install instead of express and it'll give you the option to do so. 

You can also just disable the windows update services on regular win 10 if you want to take that approach.. 

Is there a point in disabling automatic updates?

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed Cortana. Anyway, I'm still not sure of what to think about Windows 10. I do miss Windows 7 :(

Not sure what you're referring to but it sounds like that would disable all updates where as gpedit method could give you the choices like you had with win 7/8

Can you or Clamps explain to me what the actual benefits of this is exactly? I'm not following.

Windows 10 by default has mandatory updates that you must have. It no longer asks you what updates you want to install and will just download and install them.

With gpedit (group policy edit) you can select if you want those kind of updates or the way it was before.

Windows 10 by default has mandatory updates that you must have. It no longer asks you what updates you want to install and will just download and install them.

With gpedit (group policy edit) you can select if you want those kind of updates or the way it was before.

Makes sense, thanks for the tip. I'm currently upgrading at home and i'll definitely edit it.

Anyways, saw this on a reddit thread earlier, just some benchmarks comparing 8.1 - 10

0OOHfZJ.jpg

My computer is getting slow on windows 8.1 start screen will I have issues on windows 10? I don't know why its slow tbh other things are reasonably fast it just has trouble loading the tiles and shit for some reason. 

My computer is getting slow on windows 8.1 start screen will I have issues on windows 10? I don't know why its slow tbh other things are reasonably fast it just has trouble loading the tiles and shit for some reason. 

it will definitely have better stability.

what are your specs?

do you have a lot of programs being loaded from the start?

you can use msconfig and starter services to disable the shit you don't need on boot-up, etc.

do you have an ssd?

it will definitely have better stability.

what are your specs?

do you have a lot of programs being loaded from the start?

you can use msconfig and starter services to disable the shit you don't need on boot-up, etc.

do you have an ssd?

Got a amd a10 processor in a laptop thats about 3 years old. I have a few things that load at startup but i turned most off already. No ssd. I've heard it should be better and most computers from this decade can run 10 just wanted to be sure I wouldn't be upgrading to potato speeds

Got a amd a10 processor in a laptop thats about 3 years old. I have a few things that load at startup but i turned most off already. No ssd. I've heard it should be better and most computers from this decade can run 10 just wanted to be sure I wouldn't be upgrading to potato speeds

You should be fine upgrading to 10.

windows 10 non pro non-enterprise have mandatory updates

pro has some additional options and defer capability

enterprise can pick and choose any update and decline any update

if you install garbage you will run like garbage. take care of your PC

windows 10 non pro non-enterprise have mandatory updates

pro has some additional options and defer capability

enterprise can pick and choose any update and decline any update

if you install garbage you will run like garbage. take care of your PC

Since Pro edition has gpedit.msc it is able to give you the traditional options that home edition previously had. Not sure if you were just expanding on what I said or what. Just wanted to clarify that I'm just talking about getting updates the way they were before.

Group-Policy-Configure-Automatic-Updates

Pretty sure directx12 is windows 10 only so once games start using it we will see even more serious gains.

EDIT: and fuck me dirextx12 only supports 600 series and up I have SLI'ed 570s, guess I know what my next big purchase is.

Since Pro edition has gpedit.msc it is able to give you the traditional options that home edition previously had. Not sure if you were just expanding on what I said or what. Just wanted to clarify that I'm just talking about getting updates the way they were before.

Group-Policy-Configure-Automatic-Updates

. I was clarifying that you can't decline specific updates in any edition except enterprise. In pro you either get them all or none. In lesser versions you just get them all by force

Sent from my oneplus one

So if I'm running Windows 7 right now (nvidia) should i upgrade to 10 or wait a little bit longer for some bugs to be fixed?

So if I'm running Windows 7 right now (nvidia) should i upgrade to 10 or wait a little bit longer for some bugs to be fixed?
I've been on 10 for a month with my 770 and had 1 bug when I first installed that was easily fixed. You should be fine.