Sign in to follow this  
Face

Marine Poll

Marine  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marine be changed (and how)

• Yes, change it (PLEASE EXPLAIN BELOW)
    • No, don't change it
    • Remove it

Ideas for changes:

• Less movespeed on stim (maybe from +75% to +40%),
  • Less attack speed (either overall or on stim)
  • Add "overheat" effect to the gun, say if you fire 30 bullets in a certain time frame, you lose infinite ammo for 20 seconds. Something like that

Feel free to make any other suggestions.

Assuming "Remove It" isn't high enough to warrant removing the race, I will count all of those votes towards "Yes, change it"

Less attack speed would actually be a buff to the race in my opinion.

I'm going with reduce move speed for now, even though I know in the long run, the overheat one makes the most sense and we get rid of the blood coming out of my ears problem

But honestly, this race doesn't need to be changed, it's not even that good.

don't listen to eddy or camel

As much as I love these two faggots, I don't think their opinions are worth their weight when it comes to war3. Eddy get's parkinsons every time a marine appears in the room with stimpak activated.

Edited by HornyCat

Less attack speed would actually be a buff to the race in my opinion.

I'm going with reduce move speed for now, even though I know in the long run, the overheat one makes the most sense and we get rid of the blood coming out of my ears problem.

Less attack speed would definitely buff the race. I also vote for reduce move speed, because it helps against "bad" players just running circles around you and spraying you down. 

Nerf the movespeed on stimpack or make it and make it use up more health on use and then regenerate half of health spent after the duration is over, the attack speed bonus should probably stay the same though.

It also makes my FPS go to shit and I know a couple other people have the same problem *coughmimiccough* but,if there was an overheat to it I think that would fix a lot of problems.

I have no FPS problems from Human Marine. My thoughts are the race is more annoying than anything, and is really only useful on certain maps such as Office. That being said I think increasing the amount of health removed by Stim would help more than anything - as it stands you can sit there and spam it, and so long as you hit someone with bullets you'll get your health back. 

eddy- maybe add a clip size plus a "gun is jammed" feature or something
eddy- basically giving the gun a %chance to jam after x amount of bullets have been shot out of 1 clip
the %chance gradually increases with the amount of ammo that is missing from the clip

eddy- so max clip size could be like 100, and then like every 5 rounds your clip is missing the % of jamming increases by 5%

eddy- just an idea, you could edit the %chance to be balanced

I personally don't like the concept of a race being able to just hold mouse 1 and sprint, maps that have lots of small corridors(office for example) is where this race becomes a horrible experience to play against and is honestly rage quit worthy.

Reducing the speed to 50% would be fine, but I don't think you will need to touch the race at all if you just add something like I mentioned to the race.

If there was a way to restrict using the silenced M4 then I think it would be perfectly balanced because then it has counterplay options, if someone is just holding down mouse 1 and sprinting you'll hear them coming and can flash, prefire, or take cover accordingly. I do think stimpak should consume more health though

it's not even that good of a race currently...

Annnnd welcome to my thoughts. Got lots of complaints so I put the poll up to give people a chance to speak their mind.

1.2371 maxed kdr

1.0806 kdr non maxed

1.0759 w/l ratio

why is this even a thread?

this race is not as good as some of you are making it out to be. the only time the race is viable is when there is small corridors you can camp and constantly spray (maps like office are a good starting point). if you try and play this race in literally any other situation it gets shit on. 

stop trying to push the idiot holding mouse1 running around corners, wait for him and shoot him in the mouf. you do more damage than him, his lifesteal can't outheal your spray. 

people make the excuse of "you can counter it" all the time, why not this one? play a race with evasion, play a race with a bash, play a race with anything to stop him from moving so the person playing human marine gets focused.

1.2371 maxed kdr

1.0806 kdr non maxed

1.0759 w/l ratio

this race is not as good as some of you are making it out to be. the only time the race is viable is when there is small corridors you can camp and constantly spray (maps like office are a good starting point). if you try and play this race in literally any other situation it gets shit on. 

stop trying to push the idiot holding mouse1 running around corners, wait for him and shoot him in the mouf. you do more damage than him, his lifesteal can't outheal your spray. 

people make the excuse of "you can counter it" all the time, why not this one? play a race with evasion, play a race with a bash, play a race with anything to stop him from moving so the person playing human marine gets focused.

Well according to camelfun, KDR means absoultely nothing.

I like centran's idea the best. Bring back gnat to balance the OP races Kappa

Edited by HornyCat

1.2371 maxed kdr

1.0806 kdr non maxed

1.0759 w/l ratio

this isn't about the KD of the race, it's about the experience a player gets when playing against this race.

The concept of a race getting + 50HP, life leech, +75% move speed, dmg reduc, extra dmg, and infinite ammo is retarded, I'm not wanting this change to this race because I find it over powered, I want the changes for the sake of the experience someone get's on our server.

this isn't about the KD of the race, it's about the experience a player gets when playing against this race.

The concept of a race getting + 50HP, life leech, +75% move speed, dmg reduc, extra dmg, and infinite ammo is retarded, I'm not wanting this change to this race because I find it over powered, I want the changes for the sake of the experience someone get's on our server.

so your argument is that someone who is new to the server will have issues with human marine, really? of all stupid as fuck races you picked this one?

you're not worried about someone new to the mod/server coming in and seeing people flying around the map, being 100% invisible, having evasion rates that will make you quit, having players play knife only with some gimmicky shit (1000hp, evasion, invis, making clones of yourself, etc). you're worried about a race with reduced damage, life steal, and infinite ammo. 

of all races eddy, i thought you would have gone with something that is actually shit to play against as a new player

so your argument is that someone who is new to the server will have issues with human marine, really? of all stupid as fuck races you picked this one?

you're not worried about someone new to the mod/server coming in and seeing people flying around the map, being 100% invisible, having evasion rates that will make you quit, having players play knife only with some gimmicky shit (1000hp, evasion, invis, making clones of yourself, etc). you're worried about a race with reduced damage, life steal, and infinite ammo. 

of all races eddy, i thought you would have gone with something that is actually shit to play against as a new player

I think eddy's criticism is unfounded. I want to say that 95% of new players don't even care about marine, but rather races like trickster assassin, lurker, or kil jaedan, I should know, I play on the server every day, people are always asking about these races.

I want to see a chat log of somebody below level 1000 saying "human marine is annoying and destroys the war3 experience for me" or anything similar to that effect in the past 24 hours. I will eat my shit if you can.

EDIT: Inb4 people hate marine so people can watch me eat my shit

Edited by HornyCat

1.2371 maxed kdr

1.0806 kdr non maxed

1.0759 w/l ratio

Honestly, Marine is a annoying race to face in maps with cramp corridors, but it isn't impossible to counter. Like knox said anything can easily counter Marine. Also Marine is just bad on large open maps because you can't really hit anything if you are W + M1ing with Marine. But I do have to say that Marine can stay, but could deal with a slight change to stop all these complaints. Maybe do the stimpack takes more health or reduce the movement speed given by stimpack. Also I hardly like ever see people complain about Marine when they first join. They wonder what the fuck is going on with all the invisible people, people with high health, or people that can fly/LJ. And they either stay or leave since they don't know what they joined into.

Edited by Timeassassin103

I don't want the race removed, I just want it slightly changed.

first of all I shouldn't be able to buy HP from shopmenu, same for boots of speed (these aren't really as OP compared to health) and cloak.

I understand the race does 70% of the normal damage, but don't you see how being able to have 190 hp (190 because -10 for the ult), infinite ammo with 50% increased fire rate, damage reduction, +75% speed and leech makes that 70% damage mean literally nothing.