Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KiLLeR

Can we add a no excessive killwhoring rule...

So lately there has been many killwhores and when i tell them stop they always have some smart remark saying theres no rule against it. For instance JC was warden on Papa's Kingdom and he says all T's you will now be known as "young men and women". The round goes on with him saying all "young men" shift walk to the starting block of climb and he proceeds to kill those who move. His excuse was he didn't say "young men and women". This is just one of the many incidents that have been happening... 

"No excessive killwhoring" is already in the rules, just not worded that way exactly. I added it in a long time ago.

http://motd.joinsg.net/pages/server-rules/jailbreak.php

Under Section 3: Rules For Counter-Terrorists (Guards)

e. If you are a Warden or Counter-Terrorist, please make sure to keep the game diverse and fun for the Ts. (1)

Killwhoring isn't diverse or fun. If a player is constantly doing it then you know what to do.

its not freekilling due to the fact he didnt say the whole "young men AND YOUNG WOMEN" it's like with simon says when you say "ok simon says is over all T's shift walk and follow your warden with no detours or delays" and then proceed to kill all who move. That isn't freekilling because you never said simon says simon says is over.

EDIT: The diverse and fun rule isn't specific at all. If you play skiprope every round you wont get ct'd you'll be told stop and people do the same game every round all the time. The way you see the rule is the way everyone should see it as it's not fun and diverse but everything in JB is specific, (Example: Detours Delays freeze) if its not specific there will always be a JB player to argue with the rule

its not freekilling due to the fact he didnt say the whole "young men AND YOUNG WOMEN" it's like with simon says when you say "ok simon says is over all T's shift walk and follow your warden with no detours or delays" and then proceed to kill all who move. That isn't freekilling because you never said simon says simon says is over.

Unless im mistaken im pretty sure that any mention of simon says being over, or sending them to a new game - ends simon says so that would be freekills.

Unless im mistaken im pretty sure that any mention of simon says being over, or sending them to a new game - ends simon says so that would be freekills.

d. To end a game, you must either specifically state that the game is over or that you are starting a new game.

Here's the rule, pretty sure simon has to say simon says is over though 

d. To end a game, you must either specifically state that the game is over or that you are starting a new game.

Here's the rule, pretty sure simon has to say simon says is over though 

But thats the point, in a simon says, simon doesnt have to say that simon says its over. Just stating simon says is over makes it over. And during the same meeting it was said that any mention of the game being over, or that they are PLAYING another game, makes it over.

I will let clamps come and comment on this when ever he sees it.

EDIT: The diverse and fun rule isn't specific at all. If you play skiprope every round you wont get ct'd you'll be told stop and people do the same game every round all the time. The way you see the rule is the way everyone should see it as it's not fun and diverse but everything in JB is specific, (Example: Detours Delays freeze) if its not specific there will always be a JB player to argue with the rule

Then use your prerogative as an SO. Players would prefer to play skiprope every round to getting killed for accidentally tapping their space button/mouse wheel.

Ok sounds good camel. I'll just use the keep it fun for the T's rule as my reason. :)

Simon says is over=Game is over. The diverse rule is not specific, so admins/SOs can guide the way the server is going. If it is just constantly trivia/Simon/jump rope then warn the CT team to switch it up or they will be restricted. 

Also please stop making people SO who don't know the rules and or make up their own rules and say COWS TOLD ME!

I think we need to make an FAQ on some of the rules and maybe augment some of the rules to prevent CT's from killwhoring. I hate it when wardens start their first order with something kill whorish that ends up wiping half the t's. Where's the fun in that?

I would agree on an FAQ. While I wish every player knew the rules and read the motd I know it's an impossible expectation. It would help newcomers and stop from the constant threads and ingame comment spams

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lately when ever we are on blek_cocks all we fucking do is freeze on caution line and table games, and it really sucks cuz its such a huge map with so much to do.

it isnt just new players that need to read the motd its some oldfegs too. i bet some of them havent read motd in over a year. 

but it is freekilling. you cant say only half of the word. cutting off halfway through is considered baiting and shouldn't be done.

The no kill whoring rule was been in the rules for awhile, I even had a SO meeting about it. Keeping the game FUN and diverse is mostly up to admin discretion, our admins cant be afraid to use their admin powers to enforce rules like this.