Sign in to follow this  
Bob Ross Zombie

!game menu in JB

For those who are new to the server we could provide them with a menu of different playable games for the T's.

Say they choose Bloody bloody trivia it would describe how to play, win, and loose.

-type a question in chat. If any T's answers incorrectly or not at all, they lose.

This way we can avoid playing climb every round or have people who are new feel comfortable. Especially if we had a cue card ready for them for something like Simmon says.

Bullet said he didn't want to spend the time making a menu. I suggested we actually make !lr a description menu of various LRs. At the very most it would sorted by basic, reg, to ones that need admin approval. At the least it just gives some good old fashion examples

It would be helpful to those who never get LR or are new all together. Admin command to show the menu to people would be too.

And stop spamming shit that's not in spam (this is even coming from me)

How about a menu that briefly explains LR and gives the T a 5-option menu for basic LRs? The T selects the LR and that selection is said by the T like a radio button.

Staff post in this thread

I estimate it would take 3-4 hours to do this well, with the plugin reading from a text file so nontechnical staff members can change the menu later. I decided it wasn't worth my time because the motd serves the same purpose and is only slightly more difficult for new players to browse.

!motd works. I recently added a section for a whole bunch of lrs, we also have a page for some basic games. If someone wanted to, they could make a big list if games, I wouldn't mind adding more games to the page.

Edited by Fugner

In game menu is easier to navigate than opening it in browser. Also !motd is hit or miss for me. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. The point is when we get down to the last T we need a quick menu for them to look at if they are new. We shouldn't wait for 3 minutes while they look it up in the motd.