Sign in to follow this  
Triv

Nomination times on JB maps.

In JB people seem to only want to nominate and vote for the same 5 or so maps. These maps are easy rebel maps that I feel defeat the purpose. Some of these maps its just vents in every corner.

Im not trying to sound like I dont want to play these maps in general, its that with the nomination times the server is put in a roation of the same 5 maps. Some of these maps being clouds, spy vs spy, dojo, minecraft, etc etc. 

If the nomination times were extended these same maps wouldnt be able to be played one after the other and would serve a good purpose to the other 50 or 60 maps that we never have a chance to play because all people vote for are the same maps.

I know many admins have a problem and would agree with me with the crappy gameplay the server puts off sometimes by being in a nomination rotation of the same easy rebel maps where the CT's cant even receive a chance to control the T's let alone get an LR round. 

I am requesting an extention to the time it takes for a map to be availble again in the nomination menu after being played.

EDIT:

I believe JB should be in a server rotation and and have nominations be done away with all together.

If not, please increase times it takes for maps to refresh after being played. Or set a limit to how many times one map can be played in a day. 

Edited by Triv

I bitched about this before as well. Bullet changed it to 10, but it needs to be set to 20+. Unless someone lowered it back down from 10.

I don't think the amount matters shadow, the regulars on jb rtv blackout/blekcocks

Minecraft, avalanche, dojo, clouds, spy, repeat.

Edited by Velo

I'll stab somebody for rtving blackout. It could be a weighted system that favors underplayed maps. those can be played more regularly than the usual 7.

Maybe find a sweetspot and if possible use a plugin that maxes map playabiliyy every 24 hours. A map can be played only 6 times or so (numbers can be adjusted) and as soon as the map counter reaches 6 it starts a 24 hour countdown before the map can be nominated again. If thats possible im sure we can come to a consensus to keep everyone happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mark from Facebook

Nominations should just be done away with all together. I have done multiple votes for fun on the opinions of players in the server and most would enjoy the server becoming a rotation.

I believe doing away with nominations and having a random rotation of maps only on JB would be alot better.

Edited by Triv

Nominations should just be done away with all together. I have done multiple votes for fun on the opinions of players in the server and most would enjoy the server becoming a rotation.

I believe doing away with nominations and having a random rotation of maps only on JB would be alot better.

I vote for this.

It would likely cause a few more rtvs until we figure out what maps we don't want (and get them removed or improved).

Theres like 50 jailbreak maps, i don't know about no nomination because each map takes about 40 minutes so waiting 10 hours for a map everyone likes isn't going to be good for the population of the server

Theres like 50 jailbreak maps, i don't know about no nomination because each map takes about 40 minutes so waiting 10 hours for a map everyone likes isn't going to be good for the population of the server

We would trim off some of the fat.

I would support increasing the map limit time. I don't want to do a rotation, however. We run into this "same maps" issue all the time on all of our servers.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Change the map limit to 20 and delay RTV until the fourth round. If a map is generally hated then it should be removed not just RTVed every time it comes up.

I would support increasing the map limit time. I don't want to do a rotation, however. We run into this "same maps" issue all the time on all of our servers.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I think for everyone, the best would be to set it so you cant play a single map again until the server has run onto another 10 maps after that. Or something of the sort.

Everytime i talk about this in the server, other players themselves agree on this. They are also tired of playing the same 5 maps over and over.

Edited by Triv

The simple solution is to not give ppl the privilege to nominate nor vote for a map. Just cycle through the entire map list. That way, the squeakers (which seem to be the majority of ppl online in JB) won't constantly rtv and cycle through the same *7 maps over and over again.

make the cooldowns for the maps relative to the overplayneses (my inklish suk).

Overplayed games have a cooldown of 8 round or so and shit maps never gets played 2 rounds

I like the idea of increasing how many maps need to be played before one can be played again. The suggestion of not allowing rtv until round 4-5 is a good one too; it would prevent the instant rtvs that happen on some lesser played maps.