Sign in to follow this  
Dakota

Official Complaint Department Discussion Thread

Why are you faggots literally banning people for posting spoilers. Seriously? 

You're banning people longer than you would if someone was constantly racist for a month. How does that even make sense?

You'd think after 2 weeks of the movie coming out, it wouldn't be that much of a spoiler anymore. 

You're banning people longer than you would if someone was constantly racist for a month. How does that even make sense?

You'd think after 2 weeks of the movie coming out, it wouldn't be that much of a spoiler anymore.

It's accumulation of infraction points, not unnecessary banning times. The system is automated. Your infraction points don't expire for a month or so. It'd be the same if someone constantly double posted, was racist, or posted shock content.

He was banned for posting spoilers 2 days after a movie was released. Not only that, but he did it with the intention of trolling and making people upset. How the fuck do you find that okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was infracted for spoiling and I think Sean explanation is good.

As camel said it was accumulation of points. The very first thing he does after a short 1 day ban is post an image in spam to either prove a point or be a ass or both. The infraction points caused a week ban. What is the first thing he does when he gets back? You guessed it! SPOILER

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

First person ever to be banned for posting spam in the spam section. GG

You know what, fuck you. It blows my fucking mind how a town trusts you to protect the public. You're a fucking adult and you act worse than 10 year old children on Jail Break. Some of us have had to deal with personal shit and haven't been able to go see the movie yet. And after doing my best at avoiding all these shitbag trolls trying to spoil it before I go see it, you do your goddamn best to plaster it all over these fucking forums, knowing full well you shouldn't be. I genuinely hope you never procreate. 

Take the time off to go and get some professional help (seriously, you fucking need it) and grow the fuck up. 

im not saying that spoilers should go unpunished

just set the punishment in stone so people a) know full well when they are breaking the rules and what they should expect and b) arent getting ridiculously long bans because a staff member took it personally or is using the rule as an excuse to ban someone for their vendetta

also, id rather have free discussion on the most popular movie of the year instead of extended censorship on the chance someone hasn't seen the movie. on the forums its easy to tag spoilers but it gets complicated in-game and on teamspeak. Ive heard from a couple sources that after a week its fine but i doubt this was deliberated on by all staff and im pretty sure chosen just pulled it out of his ass (again)

ned stark dies, dont ban me ctark

Edited by Carl Sagan

im not saying that spoilers should go unpunished

just set the punishment in stone so people a) know full well when they are breaking the rules and what they should expect and b) arent getting ridiculously long bans because a staff member took it personally or is using the rule as an excuse to ban someone for their vendetta

also, id rather have free discussion on the most popular movie of the year instead of extended censorship on the chance someone hasn't seen the movie. on the forums its easy to tag spoilers but it gets complicated in-game and on teamspeak. Ive heard from a couple sources that after a week its fine but i doubt this was deliberated on by all staff and im pretty sure chosen just pulled it out of his ass (again)

ned stark dies, dont ban me ctark

The days of a staff member banning someone for a month because they took what they said/did personally have passed, I won't pretend to know what staff was like back in the days, but it's nothing like the stories that have been told to me from when mitch ran shit. Anyone who fucks up and does wrong on staff is always called out on it and the issue is always fixed ASAP.

People are free to have discussions about new movies and games so long as they are discussing it in a thread that is labeled with [spoilerS], I haven't looked at the star wars discussion thread at all, but I assume a lot of people were able to have a discussion about the movie and what they thought about shit that went on in the movie without receiving  any punishment. If you're in teamspeak show some courtesy and ask people if they care if you talk about the movie/game/etc and if you're in-game take it to a private message.

Not that I plan on spoiling anything and would probably ask before mentioning it...

Since this is a thing, can we get some solid number on how long to wait until it's not a spoiler?

I'd assume a month is fine generally speaking.

(Common Sense from one person's perspective is not the same as common sense from another's)

That being said, if they aren't talking about anything except what I've seen all over the CD the trolling is obvious.

Not that I plan on spoiling anything and would probably ask before mentioning it...

Since this is a thing, can we get some solid number on how long to wait until it's not a spoiler?

I'd assume a month is fine generally speaking.

(Common Sense from one person's perspective is not the same as common sense from another's)

That being said, if they aren't talking about anything except what I've seen all over the CD the trolling is obvious.

Or you know, just don't talk about major spoilers even a month after.

We aren't giving you X number of days. We are't going to write a specific rule for spoilers. Stop asking.

Why? Because what you fail to see is it falls under trolling which is what it is. If we say no spoilers for 2 weeks do you know what will happen at 12:01am on the 15th day? Everyone spamming the shit out of spoilers all over the place because huehuehue I can't get in trouble anymore! This isn't about posting spoilers or not allowing people to discuss a topic which has spoilers. It is about people going out of their way to ruin something or irritate or get a rise out of someone. A troll.

It is one thing to want to discuss a movie or book or TV show with others. It is another thing to write a couple words or one sentence to give away major plot points with the sole purpose to ruin it for others. It is another thing to do so in the shoutbox, multiple posts, on your profile page, go channel to channel on team speak shouting it, go on all the servers and write it in text chat and shout it over voice chat.

There is no hard set rule because it is subjective and based on the persons intent.

Since you guys are not getting it lets take a made up example of a movie called Puppy goes on an adventure.

Now Poster A liked the movie and starts a new topic wanting to discuss the movie so posts... "I really liked Puppy goes on an adventure. It was an endearing movie with very strong moment. When the puppy got sick and had to struggle with holding in it's poop or get in trouble and poop on the floor I felt horrible. I can't believe he got in trouble for pooping when he was sick. You should all see this movie." 

Poster B starts a new topic called "LOL read this" and writes... "puppy shits on floor"

Even months down the line Poster B is still being a dick and trolling. That is why spoiling falls under trolling and why punishments are begin given out as they are. Not everyone gets banned and not everyone gets banned for the same amount of time. The punishments are not going to end at a specific date. This is not something we can set in stone as it is a judgement call of the persons intent. This behavior has no place in sG.

Or you know, just don't talk about major spoilers even a month after.

Or two months or three months or five years. Got It.

Even months down the line Poster B is still being a dick and trolling. That is why spoiling falls under trolling and why punishments are begin given out as they are. Not everyone gets banned and not everyone gets banned for the same amount of time. The punishments are not going to end at a specific date. This is not something we can set in stone as it is a judgement call of the persons intent. This behavior has no place in sG.

I'm not arguing for spoiling to be allowed(although looking at my last post it's not obvious.)

I mean if I have Poster A join the server, say that one line and then leave. At that point I'd consider him a troll he just wrapped a spoiler in a nice package and left. What do I do? Screenshot it and then post a cd thread and leave it at that?

Does that person get a ban or warning or anything?

I figure that if I reported Poster B they'd be banned in a fairly straightforward manner.

And yes I agree with the whole spoiler spam if we set a date. I wan't looking at an X number of days, I just meant at what point is something still so sensitive as to warrant punishment. Yes you're not going to give out a date I get it.

Is it just going to be someone reports someone for a spoiler for the puppy movie and staff decides that they are going to be spoken to instead of getting a ban? Or a ban specifically for trolling/spamming not in relation to spoiling?

I'm fine with that. But say it specifically.

Right now I see it as we will have obvious trolls\not-so obvious trolls\people who make a mistake.

Since it's all subjective it's entirely possible the person who made a mistake gets a punishment worse than the obvious troll.

(I don't suspect that will happen but it's a possibility.

I'm not disagreeing with y'all.

I want to know where I stand as an admin in terms of enforcing this.

I mostly got it from your post Centran. And I still feel it's subject to exploitation by other persons.

He was banned for posting spoilers 2 days after a movie was released. Not only that, but he did it with the intention of trolling and making people upset. How the fuck do you find that okay?

I thought he posted a spoiler 2 weeks after the fact. After reading Clamps' post, he should just be perma'd for being a cunt.

I thought he posted a spoiler 2 weeks after the fact. After reading Clamps' post, he should just be perma'd for being a cunt.

He posted a spoiler a day or two after which gave him enough points for a 1 day ban. He came back as soon as he was unbanned and posted an image of the spoiler in spam then claimed we can't ban him for spam. He was wrong and the points added meant a week ban. Guess what he did the day he was unbanned? The very first post when he came back?

He posted a spoiler a day or two after which gave him enough points for a 1 day ban. He came back as soon as he was unbanned and posted an image of the spoiler in spam then claimed we can't ban him for spam. He was wrong and the points added meant a week ban. Guess what he did the day he was unbanned? The very first post when he came back?

Don't forget the 6 recruitment threads he posted spoilers in, receiving infractions for each individual post.

So, why didn't you stop your brother?>I didn't think it was a big deal.

How does your brother know about sG?>He's been playing since I joined sG but not as active.

How did your brother know about going to people's profiles, so as to show up in the "recently viewed" section?

>He just did it because he wanted to, I don't have power over it.

the only solution here is for him to record a video of himself and his brother with his brother pointing up a proof of identification proving it is his biological brother then admitting to his crimes.

the only solution here is for him to record a video of himself and his brother with his brother pointing up a proof of identification proving it is his biological brother then admitting to his crimes.

Can I post spoilers then and bully one of my siblings into admitting to it for me?

Honestly, Mr. Boss should be banned far longer. He attempted to lie multiple times to get out of his ban and only admitted it when he was caught by the video. Even then he said, "I didn't know you could watch it," the kid isn't going to learn if that's the attitude he has.