Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yeet

The situation with rep

I think we had a thanks system for a little bit. I remember trying to integrate it with rep. "Thanking" a post would +1 the rep as well. It's been awhile, though.

I vaguely remember there being a list at the bottom of posts with usernames of those who "thanked."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rep was causing our site to lock up because of the sheer amount of data it was saving.

3c0a1107c0.png

Reputation is taking up a drastic amount of database space and isn't worth keeping around, also why shoutbox posts were also wiped as well.

EDIT: Numbers on the right are how many rows it's using in each database.

Shouldn't shoutbox shouts wipe periodically since there's really no point in storing them anyways?

I vaguely remember there being a list at the bottom of posts with usernames of those who "thanked."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It was when we switched to the new forums and the rep system wasn't implemented yet. Instead it was using the default system.

Shouldn't shoutbox shouts wipe periodically since there's really no point in storing them anyways?

They were wiped the same day rep was disabled

Dang dude that really triggers me. Didn't know it took someone over 6+ years to come up with a better insult. Guess you're still a Dingus. :^)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The fuck are you talking about.  We never had anything other than the rep system... at least not since I've been here.

Right after we switched from the black style forums to the white style in mid to late 2010, we had a thanks system.

This style:

zachmanman.png

Photo104.jpg

You can see the thanks counter to the left underneath the user's info and thanks at the bottom of second pic.

lol.png