Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zinc

Guide to trivia

So you want to do trivia for whatever reason. To pick a Pokemon master, team captains, or even *shudders* Lr. You start to type, but then, you freeze and back down. Giving trivia is very "Hard" and "Confusing". Trivia can vary from shitheaddingly stupid, to rare and good.

Here's a guide and categorization of Bullshit trivia to good trivia.

Bullshit trivia

This trivia is just stupid. It's either a lame attempt of being a joke (420 + 69), Pre algebra (1 + 1), or pure reaction (2=2?)

Examples

• 2 + .2 = ?
  • 3=2?
  • More Pre alg Math

Math

This is harder math. Hardeeeer.

Examples

• 1+2*3
  • 3^4
  • x^2 + 2x + 1 = 0 (x is -1 btw)

Real Trivia

Actual Trivia. Rarer than a Double Rainbow. It could be movie trivia, science, or anything.

Examples

• How much power does it take to use the deLorean time machine? (1.21 Gigawatts)
  • What was SG's original name? (Undead Vengeance)
  • What is the chemical composition of salt? (NaCl)
  • What game company created Fallout 3? (Bethesda)
  • What is the release date for Half Life 3? (lolololololol)

Thanks for reading this guide on how do correctly do trivia go do some good trivia.

yea that math is rly hrd

Hey, I don't think most of SG even passed 6th grade math.

Hey, I don't think most of SG even passed 6th grade math.

I'm not sure if steam gamers has passed 6th grade.

What is the simplest element in the periodic table, full name of it not its initial letter. (first element of the periodic table.)

A better question is what is the first element in the periodic table that is not found in nature.

Seeing as your question is not exactly...difficult.

Or what is the charge of a molecule composed of two Oxygen atoms and one Nitrogen atom.

Both of those are still relatively easy.

Both you can easily Google. Half of the jb servers are below the age of 18, so asking these kinds of questions will just prolong the round since apparently half of the people dont know that there is a browser on steam....

The one I use that trips up people the most is name a US State starting with the letter D.

Here's a hint: it's not Detroit and it's not Dakota

Also Ollie I used to play a game called Front Page News. I would tell them to use their in game browser but cheating was allowed, I would then type a news site in chat and the first person to tell me what they were headlining with would win.

But really all of other trivia seems straight out of brain quest

BrainQuest.jpg

-3/x^4

Come on, what is this freshman period?

YO I HAVE A MASTERS DEGREE IN ENGINEERING AND A MATH EDUCATION UP TO DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS SO IF YOU REALLY WANT TO MEET UP IRL TO PLAY NERD, ILL THROW SOME FUCKING NUMBERS IN YOUR FACE, AND YOU BETTER WATCH OUT CUZ THE NUMBER 1 IS CONVIENTLY SHAPED LIKE A KNIFE

But, this is a good question because it weeds out the kids and encourages higher education. You can insult me, but I am the one who improved society at the end of the day.

YO I HAVE A MASTERS DEGREE IN ENGINEERING AND A MATH EDUCATION UP TO DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS SO IF YOU REALLY WANT TO MEET UP IRL TO PLAY NERD, ILL THROW SOME FUCKING NUMBERS IN YOUR FACE, AND YOU BETTER WATCH OUT CUZ THE NUMBER 1 IS CONVIENTLY SHAPED LIKE A KNIFE

But, this is a good question because it weeds out the kids and encourages higher education. You can insult me, but I am the one who improved society at the end of the day.

Help me with Calculus and physics during the fall pls. Will pay you in keys and pizza/hookers

Yo I have a Bachelor's in Math, come at me bro (I had to do research on damn RSA encryption because RSA encryption is stupid)

No real insults man, all fun and games, I'd say a better one is what is the derivative of ln(2x). The 2 will throw everyone off.

While you're down here(austin) to throw numbers at my face can you fix the dumbest fucking intersection I've ever seen in my life.

|   i   i  \   \\\     i   i   |

|   i   i   i   |||    i   i   |

|   i   i   i x|||    i   i   |

-                            -

|   i   i   |||x i    i   i   |

|   i   i   |||   i    i   i   |

|   i   i   \\\   \    i   i   |

x = car

can't turn left on a green light(green arrow is off) because line of sight for the other lanes is cut off by the other car

The engineer chose looks over function

Screw your calculus... throw some discrete math at them! When I took that so many people couldn't even pass Discrete I. I thought it was fine and wondered what the hell was wrong with everyone. Then Discrete II. Mother of God Discrete II. I have never in all my years of education felt like a complete idiot then when I took that class. I have no idea how I passed it.