Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joscal

Idiotic Orders

http://www.joinsg.net/topic/66623-apologizing-for-mass-freekill/#entry892073

This is starting to get annoying.

I understand he is in the wrong, but at this point it is somewhat difficult to know every time if the warden is giving stupud orders, or if their mic cut out or another ct happened to be talking during the orders.

You have some wardens where it is obvious that they are trying to trick you, while you have others that geniunely seem as if there mic cut out.

If this stays legal, as soon as a ct's mic actually cuts out while giving orders I'm going to demand a respawn of every T killed.

Just to give examples

All ts cell button etc. No big deal

All ts...small pause... cell button etc. Confused

All ts...long pause... cell button etc. Mildly confused.

I've personally told people doing this that it's the dumbest shit I've seen in awhile on JB and it's spreading like the plague because players see SOs doing it and the kills they get from it and think it's great.

My discussion with Crobat the other day is that there are more reasonable and not stupid ways to kill ts. All this does is piss off ts as they now get to sit for the next 5 minutes or however much is left in the round.

I have a demo I believe if you want it.

Couldn't agree more. These orders started by someone who wanted to do nothing more than be a blatant killwhore to get their own rocks off. Unfortunately people imitated it (including people you can barely fucking understand giving normal orders) and this sort of shit happens. 

I'm going to talk with Cows when we both have some free time to see if we can agree on a resolution to this kind of thing. 

The Maximum fuckboy thing I do when I'm warden is literally say 

"All Ts without cheating detours or delays" and then I just stop talking to think where to take them. Its not that I'm trying to trick them and when they move I immediatly tell them to freeze.

I'm not trying to be an asshole and trick them, so I can understand if people make mistakes like that, but since I started (January) the server has had a hit on people being complete dickwads when taking warden... Its been rough

Killwhore wardens need to follow my favourite rule. Keep the game fun and diverse for T's.

I'm predicting the next killwhore warden tactic...

Place marker

"All Ts who want me to kill them go to my marker"

Kill the one idiot that does it for kicks

"All Ts go to my marker and freeze"

Kill all the Ts

Get banned

Post on forums... "but I told them going to my marker would get them killed. the motd says I can't order them to their death so my order to go to the marker was invalid and Ts didn't have to follow it!"

Yep, calling it right now!

I'm predicting the next killwhore warden tactic...

Place marker

"All Ts who want me to kill them go to my marker"

Kill the one idiot that does it for kicks

"All Ts go to my marker and freeze"

Kill all the Ts

Get banned

Post on forums... "but I told them going to my marker would get them killed. the motd says I can't order them to their death so my order to go to the marker was invalid and Ts didn't have to follow it!"

Yep, calling it right now!

Nah, they already pull something similar.. *place red marker* "All T's, red marker no detours no delays" *mows down T's* "I never said go there.." 

It's a fucking plague.. I really wish we could just stop logging K/D ratio's in there so people didnt give such a shit about padding their stats.. cuz JB super srs yo.

Nah, they already pull something similar.. *place red marker* "All T's, red marker no detours no delays" *mows down T's* "I never said go there.." 

It's a fucking plague.. I really wish we could just stop logging K/D ratio's in there so people didnt give such a shit about padding their stats.. cuz JB super srs yo.

I remember when you were on and someone did that

Warden: * Places Red blue and green marker *

All ts go to my blue marker

*Ts scramble on top of blue marker*

All Ts go to my red marker

*Ts scramble on top of red marker*

*Ts move around and get mowed down because they were on red marker already*

I really wish we could just stop logging K/D ratio's in there so people didnt give such a shit about padding their stats.. cuz JB super srs yo.

Most of the killwhores I know don't give 2 shits about kd or stats. Most of them killwhore because they enjoy killing terrorists and ruining peoples fun.

I really appreciate that you Joscal is bringing this up. I hate this type of order and I look down upon everyone who is using it. Every time I hear "All Ts cell button" or things along those lines, I begin typing "DON'T GO ITS A TRICK" into all chat a couple of times. If I was the ruler of Jailbreak (which I am), I would immediate !CT any warden which is trying to give this killwhorish command.

Shaming works better than any rule or restriction.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not when the people doing it couldnt give less of a fuck..

Most of the killwhores I know don't give 2 shits about kd or stats. Most of them killwhore because they enjoy killing terrorists and ruining peoples fun.

This

I think this actually is part of the root cause of many of the issues on the ct side of JB that are currently ongoing. Quite a few of the cts, in my opinion, do not want to warden/ct so much as they want to be in control(right) and be important and want everyone to listen to them.

(It's not something that can be exactly remedied by just creating more rules)

There are issues on T side as well.

(Mainly people not shutting up in admin chat, but that's been there as long as I've been on JB

(not that it should be allowed to continue, but it is much harder to stop))

I'll probably spend all of tonight looking at motd and writing comments. fuck that, from what I went over, it mostly boils down to what do we consider camping/actively pursuing (some cts shift walk in the vent, how active is that, well it depends). and people don't read the part about baiting... General baiting includes but is not limited to:

If you play enough you figure out where places to loophole/push the boundaries are because probably some of the rules might be too specific, when what really needed to happen is the parent rule needed to be more clear, and sometimes visa versa.

Tl;dr - everyone is a dick and instead of working on not being a dick they make sure their dick ways abuse other gaps in the rules so that we can't possibly cover every gap.

This

I think this actually is part of the root cause of many of the issues on the ct side of JB that are currently ongoing. Quite a few of the cts, in my opinion, do not want to warden/ct so much as they want to be in control(right) and be important and want everyone to listen to them.

(It's not something that can be exactly remedied by just creating more rules)

There are issues on T side as well.

(Mainly people not shutting up in admin chat, but that's been there as long as I've been on JB

(not that it should be allowed to continue, but it is much harder to stop))

I'll probably spend all of tonight looking at motd and writing comments. fuck that, from what I went over, it mostly boils down to what do we consider camping/actively pursuing (some cts shift walk in the vent, how active is that, well it depends). and people don't read the part about baiting... General baiting includes but is not limited to:

If you play enough you figure out where places to loophole/push the boundaries are because probably some of the rules might be too specific, when what really needed to happen is the parent rule needed to be more clear, and sometimes visa versa.

Tl;dr - everyone is a dick and instead of working on not being a dick they make sure their dick ways abuse other gaps in the rules so that we can't possibly cover every gap.

The best solution is to just perma ban everyone who has played JB in the last 3 years.

this sounds like another giant kill whore thing that shouldn't be happening. later tonight im going to discuss with clamps about this and decide how exactly to handle it. for now, this shouldn't be done at all.

In fact, im not the only one doing these things, but I can just resign for warden,I'm sorry if you guys got pissed by this type of baits. When i read this thread, just make me to empathize with the ''Killed Terrorists'', how would they feel? And inmediatly recognized that it was making less funny JB.

We've already alot of killwhores, so increasing the killwhore ratio wont help the server too much.

My discussion with Crobat the other day is that there are more reasonable and not stupid ways to kill ts. All this does is piss off ts as they now get to sit 

You're right, im really feeling bad about this, instead of doing this ''marker baits'' i coulda do something more funny. I'm feeling stupid right now.

Sorry guys. I wont be a dick next time. I support this rule.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I've seen H4rdWyr3 doing these type of baits. Like:

All terrorists, crouchwalking at all times....

Most of the terrorists just starts crouchwalk and they get killed.

EDIT: Many people tells me when im in other servers: ''go back to ze'' when the server's empty. And this type of things make me like no one likes me. I thing i should just stay in ze.

Again sorry guys for supporting this type of baits in the past.

Many people tells me when im in other servers: ''go back to ze'' when the server's empty. And this type of things make me like no one likes me. I thing i should just stay in ze.

Rootbeer loves everyone, including you Crobat :). I think all's well as long as you realize what happens on a macro level when you do things like that. I've always viewed those comment's as playful banter, like telling ventus -> MG and me -> war3. Don't take it too seriously.

I think too many new people confuse the ct's job as to kill off all the t's when really it's about having fun on both sides. It's great when I die as a non-rebelling T playing a fun game and I don't even care at all about the death as opposed to getting shot because I looked away and back for half a second with no intentions of rebelling.

Yea Crobat nothing against you, I didnt mean to single you out personally, I know you're pretty straightforward about this kinda stuff.

Reminds me of JC just today 

"All Ts blue marker no delays, detours, freeze" proceeds to kill all Ts that moved. "i didn't say go"

I remember when you were on and someone did that

Warden: * Places Red blue and green marker *

All ts go to my blue marker

*Ts scramble on top of blue marker*

*Ts scramble on top of red marker*

*Ts move around and get mowed down because they were on red marker already*

Most of the shit in this thread seems barely legal and killwhory, but this example kinda seems like simon says or something? just done by voice not a map game

this sounds like another giant kill whore thing that shouldn't be happening. later tonight im going to discuss with clamps about this and decide how exactly to handle it. for now, this shouldn't be done at all.

So has a decision been made about this whole thing? Because people are still doing it.

"All Ts blue marker no delays, detours, freeze" proceeds to kill all Ts that moved. "i didn't say go"

Or how sparkly toast did the same today and how some of the ct's started to count down to pressure the T's to move....

Slay him for not keeping games fun and diverse. Rip

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So has a decision been made about this whole thing? Because people are still doing it.

0ba125cf2b.png

#3 under C.. I'm sure we'll have to tweak it when someone tries to be cute and loophole it.