Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lv. 100 Garchomp

Fucking change the voice codec!

i didnt even notice.

then again all the fags were screaming orders for warden.

I noticed it the moment I joined. Are your headphones like shit tier quality?

nah

dont play enough jb to care either.

I think that the new voice codec should be enabled on all the CS:GO servers.  Apparently there was/is this issue where Mac user's mics sound like they are in super slow-mo when it's enabled.  I don't think that issue exists with the old voice codec.  Perhaps that's why it was disabled (to increase compatibility)?  Either way, I think the codec should be enabled since a vast majority of gamers don't use Macs.

I think that the new voice codec should be enabled on all the CS:GO servers.  Apparently there was/is this issue where Mac user's mics sound like they are in super slow-mo when it's enabled.  I don't think that issue exists with the old voice codec.  Perhaps that's why it was disabled (to increase compatibility)?  Either way, I think the codec should be enabled since a vast majority of gamers don't use Macs.

ya i don't think fruit products are that good at gaming anyways

Was this like, halfway through the day? I was playing around 5 est. And didn't notice anything other than one or two people's mics being static bombs. Assumed it was just shitty $5 walmart mics

This is related to us having to revert server versions after the latest version broke Metamod. Once there's a version of Metamod to update to we can go back to the version using the CELT voice codec.

both codecs are "old" (and not even maintained any longer) i think you mean the "alternative" codec.