Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alicia

Rockstar Bans Mods for GTA V

If anyone else has known this, starting probably May 1st Rockstar started to ban people from modding they're recent release of GTA V on PC. Now although it's understandable for the online gameplay. Rockstar is also banning modders who mod in single player for an unknown period of time. This is kinda of little opinion post I wanted to make but also sort of a warning. 

So you're telling me rockstar makes a post saying it won't ban people for using the FOV mods. but now will?

So you're telling me rockstar makes a post saying it won't ban people for using the FOV mods. but now will?

Pretty much, Reddit was circlejerking the fuck out of rockstar the other day for banning people using FOV mods in SP.

They said only Asthetic mods were allowed, even in SP.  Anything else that changes gameplay whatsoever gets a Clamp.

Pretty much, Reddit was circlejerking the fuck out of rockstar the other day for banning people using FOV mods in SP.

They said only Asthetic mods were allowed, even in SP.  Anything else that changes gameplay whatsoever gets a Clamp.

Basically, FOV mods don't even change the gameplay, it just makes it easier for PC gamers to play, since the port was not exactly great. FOV Mod as far as I know was suppose to help Gamers adjust the game to they're monitors. 

This makes me laugh at the thousands of "pc master race" guys around the Internet chanting that gta 5 was only good on pc because it was the system with mods. But for real. This sucks

Lmao noone is getting banned in singleplayer stop crying and go jerk off with all the other entitled idiots on pcmasterrace that think they should be able to mod in multiplayer.

tfw idiots with dll injectors go online and cry cuz they got banned

Welp, lost all interest in getting this for PC. That was gonna be the selling point to me is missing, but I'll just stick to console

Yeah, what the hell are they thinking?  UNLESS......they are planning some sort of mod ecosystem of their own (à la Steam Workshop) that would leave everything under the control of RockStar.  Who knows.

Yeah, what the hell are they thinking?  UNLESS......they are planning some sort of mod ecosystem of their own (à la Steam Workshop) that would leave everything under the control of RockStar.  Who knows.

Eh, I don't think they would try that seeing how it went for Bethesda.

Rockstar said today it was a min understanding and that single player mods are allowed. From what I understood they said a glitch had caused problems for single player modders and not Rockstar itself

Welp, lost all interest in getting this for PC. That was gonna be the selling point to me is missing, but I'll just stick to console

You can mod all you want on GTA singleplayer. Don't listen to the retards out there who don't turn off social club,etc when they get online.

Lmao noone is getting banned in singleplayer stop crying and go jerk off with all the other entitled idiots on pcmasterrace that think they should be able to mod in multiplayer.

tfw idiots with dll injectors go online and cry cuz they got banned

some people thought they could get away with using the trainer online in "private lobbies"

others are just lying

Oh rip I just found out the news, when I learned this news people were complaining. I really didn't look into it, probably my fault to believe so many people. I had a tiny hint somehow it wasn't right but I didn't wanna believe it. Sorry Rockstar D: 

Butts