Sign in to follow this  
Sketchmaticx

QoL changes

since tec9 and five seven are so OP, change classes like ranger of the woods to not give helm armor for the first round (or first two) that way they cant buy tec9 and have head armor

also, make it so you cant rebuy molotovs since you can buy them infinitely. you did same thing with HE grenades, so i assume its very possible

also, make it so you cant rebuy molotovs since you can buy them infinitely. you did same thing with HE grenades, so i assume its very possible

And flashbangs. I'm glad noone's actually stayed in spawn and just flashed all round.

One of the problems with balancing war3 is deeply rooted against weapon balance changes valve makes. Most of the time we are at the mercy of that and will have to deal with it for a short duration. Now I'm not a engineer to make this call but this is my assumption that we wont be changing every race affected by weapon balance changes by valve.

One of the problems with balancing war3 is deeply rooted against weapon balance changes valve makes. Most of the time we are at the mercy of that and will have to deal with it for a short duration. Now I'm not a engineer to make this call but this is my assumption that we wont be changing every race affected by weapon balance changes by valve.

He raises a good point about head armor round 1 and rebuying non-HE grenades, though. The pistol issue is a part of the CSGO meta of pistols being incredibly strong. While it's likely those pistols will be nerfed somewhat, I still think it's worth removing automatic round 1 head armor to get a more pistol-round-like pistol round. And we can also fix the grenade issue which comes about because of the long buy time (which is for people who respawn).

With all the damage bonuses some races get, helmet helps for those people who always get headshots... On the serious note, I consider Wc3 as a casual gamemode not competitive where every damage point and positioning matters. Sort of why I personally hate competitive, people take it way too seriously.

I'm not against any changes to disable helm armor on round one but I don't see the issue personally.

if we limit flashbangs we have to protect the ogre stonethrowers

Do they usually buy flashbangs? I thought it was mainly about the skill giving them to you.

I've never seen a problem with helmet first round. Some races are better first two rounds than others, that is a fact of life. For example, anti mage ult does nothing until people get primary weapons. Glockness is designed around using a pistol. Knife races are inherently better because people have less bullets to spray at them. Helmet on first round is no different than any of these facts in my eyes, tec9 OP or not.

As for nade buying, it isn't really an issue on the server but if it is easy to fix it seems like a reasonable change to me.

Do they usually buy flashbangs? I thought it was mainly about the skill giving them to you.

I often find myself running out of grenades in a round, and going back for more. Though I usually buy decoys, because they're cheaper. Flashbangs are nice because leaving spawn with 1 grenade at a time would be horrible.

I often find myself running out of grenades in a round, and going back for more. Though I usually buy decoys, because they're cheaper. Flashbangs are nice because leaving spawn with 1 grenade at a time would be horrible.

Why is stonethrower not using decoys instead of flashes and smokes anyways?

Thread does bring to mind the question of why our buy time is so long. We have a good 1-2 minutes of buytime of our 3 minute rounds -- there really is no reason for that besides promoting stagnant gameplay. I know some people who camp spawn just for the fact that they can spray with their m4a1-s's more often if they do so.

With all the damage bonuses some races get, helmet helps for those people who always get headshots... On the serious note, I consider Wc3 as a casual gamemode not competitive where every damage point and positioning matters. Sort of why I personally hate competitive, people take it way too seriously.

I'm not against any changes to disable helm armor on round one but I don't see the issue personally.

yeah thats true, but i live plenty of first rounds just off the head armor first round and using tec/5-7. even as a better than average player than the whole server, the head armor has saved my ass plenty of times. i don't think removing head armor necessarily makes the game mode more competitive or anything, it's just easier for the "bad" players to not get fucked on my someone better than them just because they have a tec9 and head armor. glock does 70-100 dmg based on distance to non head armor and like 30-50 based on distance to head armor. it's a huge difference, and i literally cannot lose the pistol rounds that i've played as ranger of the woods and such. 

the only reason i suggested it is because it's a one or two round difference, and it doesn't change the outcome of every other round after that. i agree that it's basically a non-issue, but i do think it will promote better gameplay for the early rounds.

I've never seen a problem with helmet first round. Some races are better first two rounds than others, that is a fact of life. For example, anti mage ult does nothing until people get primary weapons. Glockness is designed around using a pistol. Knife races are inherently better because people have less bullets to spray at them. Helmet on first round is no different than any of these facts in my eyes, tec9 OP or not.

As for nade buying, it isn't really an issue on the server but if it is easy to fix it seems like a reasonable change to me.

yeah i'm not arguing that some races are better than others, though. i'm just saying it will (hopefully) promote better gameplay for the early rounds. i could just go cannibal or troll or something if i wanted to rape pistol rounds that easily and be stacked for the next round and get everything ive ever wanted. it just happens that certain pistols are so OP right now that it would help to get rid of the combo on the first round. even if there was no super OP pistols, i still think it would be better.

Thread does bring to mind the question of why our buy time is so long. We have a good 1-2 minutes of buytime of our 3 minute rounds -- there really is no reason for that besides promoting stagnant gameplay. I know some people who camp spawn just for the fact that they can spray with their m4a1-s's more often if they do so.

can't say i haven't been doing that. i literally live at spawn points until i get an ak, since silenced m4s are pathetic when it comes to ammo count, unless you're ranger of the woods or keeper, assuming keeper still gives ammo to silenced m4s like it used to. but if getting rid of stagnant gameplay is the point then changing the objective timer to 1:30 would probably help a little as well

"better than average player"

mfw

on topic - I agree with removing free head armor first round. It's incredibly frustrating to double dink someone on round 1 with a p2k and not kill them just because they were playing Ranger or Musician/Jukebox. Classes that get free armor can still the helmet for $350 but if it were possible to add a clause to not give helmet to all the races that give free armor that would be nice. Either that or we can increase starting cash to $1k so everyone can have a helmet if they want it, but I think this was denied in the past because someone (thorgot?) wanted pistol rounds to actually feel like pistol rounds.

I could add an artificial buy time of say 20 seconds that gets reset if you respawn. That would solve the ammo problem too.

mfw

on topic - I agree with removing free head armor first round. It's incredibly frustrating to double dink someone on round 1 with a p2k and not kill them just because they were playing Ranger or Musician/Jukebox. Classes that get free armor can still the helmet for $350 but if it were possible to add a clause to not give helmet to all the races that give free armor that would be nice. Either that or we can increase starting cash to $1k so everyone can have a helmet if they want it, but I think this was denied in the past because someone (thorgot?) wanted pistol rounds to actually feel like pistol rounds.

Yes, helmet and armor are separate values.

I could add an artificial buy time of say 20 seconds that gets reset if you respawn. That would solve the ammo problem too.

Yes, helmet and armor are separate values.

I don't know how it is coded, but currently regenerating armor creates a helmet when it reaches 100 (e.g. wizard, I believe ranger would do this as well if the helmet was simply removed first round).

I don't know how it is coded, but currently regenerating armor creates a helmet when it reaches 100 (e.g. wizard, I believe ranger would do this as well if the helmet was simply removed first round).

Good point, I probably would have forgotten that one.

Good point, I probably would have forgotten that one.

While we're talking about regenning armor, don't forget about Musician/Jukebox Hero. Both have armor DR+regen modes.

mfw

hey man.. im not that bad..

but yea, if he wants it to be more like pistol rounds, cant really argue against the removal of head armor

huh, no idea you could do that

head armor first round should be changed for the races that spawn with it, its rather annoying and I dont think it would hurt the playerbase; rather make it easier for scrubs to 1tap.