Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

centran

Avast - garrysmod is a virus!!!

So avast thinks garry's mod is a virus. I had a bitch of a time getting it back since the virus chest is now hidden.

In the main windows under status there are shortcuts in the middle of the window. If all your shortcuts are assigned you can right click and remove otherwise add a shortcut to the virus chest and then you can click on it and retore the HL.exe file.

Yea, this was really pissing me off, earlier today. I thought I had fucked something up; I spent two hours troubleshooting. Little did I suspect that some faggot at avast made a huge mistake.

Yea, this was really pissing me off, earlier today. I thought I had fucked something up; I spent two hours troubleshooting. Little did I suspect that some faggot at avast made a huge mistake.

Now that I think about it they probably didn't make a mistake. There was(maybe still is) an LUA exploit where if you connect to infected servers it can run some nastiness on your computer. That might have triggered their active protection and if enough people triggered it then they would add the garrysmod executable signature to their definitions. 

garrysmod virus to buy rust

I can't view facepunch anymore cuz they made it so you have to be logged in so i'm fucked and can't check what was happening.

Who even uses virus protection? All they seem to be nowadays is just morbidly obese UIs and hog resources for what seems like no reason. I mean it won't stop you from being an idiot (just making an example) and downloading viruses from things that seem too good to be true even though common sense tells you not to download it, so what's the point?