Sign in to follow this  
fps_trucka

Hunger Games Server

If I were to make an hunger games map(a really fucking good one), would staff be interested into making a server for it? I think I have a couple good ideas for it and would be interested in making it IF the server was wanted.

I'd be willing to help design it as well.

I've play HG on other servers and it's really fun! It would be awesome if sG had a server.

If I were to make an hunger games map(a really fucking good one), would staff be interested into making a server for it? I think I have a couple good ideas for it and would be interested in making it IF the server was wanted.

what game though? csgo? Gmod? 

Would be fun.. i've never played a HG gametype besides on Minecraft.

Do other servers use a mod or is it just a map with 2 teams? 

If I remember correctly in hunger games there are teams of 2

Yes I know HR and slayer gamers I think that's what there called they use a mod.

Garrysmod Had a fun Hunger Games gamemode, but it was really buggy and (420) won't release the source code.

CS:GO might be fun tho, but it would be much more limited because the only sort range weapon in cs:go by default is the knife

Gmod has a plethora of mods, weapons, and lua. Go with that.

I could help map :^)

Edited by Siesan

Do other servers use a mod or is it just a map with 2 teams? 

If I remember correctly in hunger games there are teams of 2

No. Hunger games is a free for all with an alliance being purely metagame

I've played on some European servers and slayers servers. It's a fun mod. It's ffa but some servers allow you to make team with players by performing an action like press e on eachother or something like that. Plenty of good maps and a new map would get us alot of people because new maps seem rare.

If it's just a map, I'll throw a server up for it.

I enjoy the game mode so I'll probably play the shit out of it as well

I was quite fond of the few hunger games servers I played on. If we get make one a bit more populated I would love to play on it.

Waiting on like a confirmation or something before I get started, if i do I'll be pm'ing both matthew and josh for map design etc. if anyone else wants to work on the map message me.

Whats included in a "hunger games" map? just a trigger to remove weapons (and give knifes) and place some random weapons around a map?

In the server's I've played on, everyone starts in a glass case in a circle around a bunch of crates. You start with nothing in your hands. The glass cases all open at the same time and you can choose to bum-rush center crates which contain all kinds of weapons, or run away towards the outer parts of the map, which have random crates dispersed throughout the terrain.