Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arrkham

Any relationship advice?

About 3 weeks ago, me and my fiance broke up and now she is dating some guy. I do fine when I am out doing something or at work. But if I am home, I can't get my mind off it. This week has been better than most, but it is still very hard. When she talks to me, I get stressed out like crazy and start having anxiety. Any advice on getting over a broken heart?

NEVER ask sG for relationship advice. It's like the blind leading the blind. Like I tell my patients, time and distractions. Good luck!

^This and music/hobby.

Edit: Now that I'm in front of a computer.. Some of the other advice you're getting is spot on too. Before I met my fiance I was dating/living with a girl for 3 years. She drops the "break" crap on me and I stupidly agreed instead of just getting the fuck out because I was young and didn't know better. Turns out that "break" was just her excuse to fuck her coworker and not feel guilty. Once I caught wind of it I cut off all contact and told her this would be our last correspondence. We met in the parking lot of a local pharmacy, exchange whatever crap we had of each others and I hopped back in my car and drove off. That was the last time I spoke to or saw her. That was 6+ years ago. She's made attempts to contact me via text messages/emails, but I ignored everyone of them.

The fact that you were engaged and she's already began seeing someone tells me she's got some growing up to do and isn't worth getting upset over. But as these guys said, unless you have some reason you absolutely have to talk to her, write her off like a bad check. Someone told me a long time ago that the greatest way to "get back" at a woman for dumping you is to live your life as if they never existed and better than it ever was when you two were together. I followed that advice and I couldn't be happier.

Good luck dude. 

^ My uncle ended up losing his wife of 7 years to another guy. He refused to let it bring him down. He decided to begin working out and ended up losing lots of weight. He said working out was a nice distraction . I'm not saying you should go and work out but, a hobby of some sort would be a good distraction

If she dumped you and went with some guy that quick, she wasn't worth being with at all. I know it hurts and is tough now, but having this happen now is much better than years into marriage. Go out and have fun. Forget about her. You are a better person than she is.

Why the fuck are you still seeing/talking to her? Pretty much everyone in this thread has some good advice (So Far....). Anyways if you're getting anxiety talking to her don't talk to her she might be close to you but if shes over you that fucking quickly man move on it will be better for you.

As the above have said, time and distractions... The gym is a great distraction. If you two are really done for then stop talking to her altogether because it'll only make things tougher on the both of you. Seeing other people is good, I would suggest friends and holding off on dating so you don't end up doing stupid things and blowing lots of money lol.

P.s. if it was a dumb breakup and you feel like you still want to be with her, then it's better act sooner than later.

@fontaine/fps_trucka

Women tend to be emotional than men, and depending on the circumstances she could have gone out dating so quickly for a number of reasons such as in spite, seeking compassion, loneliness. The more likely case is that her friends told her what's being said; that is to go out and see other people to try and get past him.

About 3 weeks ago, me and my fiance broke up and now she is dating some guy. I do fine when I am out doing something or at work. But if I am home, I can't get my mind off it. This week has been better than most, but it is still very hard. When she talks to me, I get stressed out like crazy and start having anxiety. Any advice on getting over a broken heart?

My girlfriend and I broke up around 3 months ago and I went through a similar thing, we had a house together and a pet etc so it was liking losing my right arm... I tried to be with my friends as much as possible, instead of trying to not remember things or keep her out of my head, I focused on things I had missed out on, things I wouldn't have been able to do if I'd of stayed in the relationship.

I'm still not over it, it doesn't upset me anymore but she's still in my mind a lot. The only thing you can do with things like this is wait it out, if you need to talk to people then talk don't just let it build up in your head. If you need to cry then cry and let it out, you'll get back to normal in a few months and you can move on with your life.

All I can say is that if she has gotten with somebody 3 weeks after you guys broke up, she wasn't worth it... Time is the best healer, you'll be fine. 

man 3 weeks and shes dating some guy is a redflag youre honestly better off alone then someone that cold you know? i dont know you or your relationship but fiance is clearly something you thought was real to me from the outside looking in youre fiance is a scumlord for that move, id use it as motivation to better yourself man just dedicate the freetime you have now to something you have a passion for

i feel you batman

do anything to get her mind off of her, fap every 2 hours, go to the gym, watch some movies, listen to some music, go to a bar, get wasted, smoke some weed, whatever helps

is this the same girl who was going to break up with you because you played games?

good riddance.

don't let her use you for emotional validation by talking to her. she is his problem now.

don't let her use you for emotional validation by talking to her. she is his problem now.

This is so true! Also, if she is still coming to you with her problems then forget about her. She is basically cheating on her new man with you. This means there is a good chance she was cheating while with you.

There is two types of cheating... physical and emotional. To most women they are one in the same or both "hurt" them about the same. Don't let that be any different for you. She is cheating on her new man with you emotionally. 

is this the same girl who was going to break up with you because you played games?

good riddance.

Dunk makes an awesome point.. if this was the same chick trying to control your life, she sounds like a manipulative bitch that was (and still is) throwing some emotional abuse at you to get a reaction. Sounds like you're going through the same shit I went through.. Do yourself a huge favor and tell the chick you'll no longer be speaking with her and have a nice life.. You'll thank yourself for it, trust me. 

Yeah, this is the same girl who was gonna leave me for gaming. And I only talk to her because of financial shit (which sucks) otherwise I have found getting out of the house for the entire weekend helps, and I am trying to get back into making music.

Retail therapy works wonders, but impulse-buying a $30k sports car isn't in the cards, I take it. >_>

In reality, just tell her to piss off. If you feel a need to exact revenge, which is entirely normal and human, do it once and make it count. If you try any more than once, you'll make yourself to be petty. After that, live life like she wasn't even there. :)

ok, so I dind't read dick of what anyone said, but here is my rundown of it.

When my ex-wife and I split, it was fucking brutal, because she moved on literally the next day. Long story behind that so I won't bore you with the details.

My suggestion is this. Find something interesting to do, go work out and get into shape. Find some random person who you enjoy spending time with who is willing to be intiimate with you, not sexual, I mean intimate. Cuddles, a hand to hold and maybe something. Not a rebound, just a friend that enjoys spending time with you and likes you for who you are. Don't get caught up on what your ex is doing or who it is she is with.

People fucking suck.

That's a fact of life and its a risk everyone takes when they fall in love with someone. In the end though, you'll move on, and you'll be able to look back on the good times that you had with her and speak of those times fondly. You'll remember though, how it all ended, and you'll realize that while the star the burned so brightly for you two went out in a snuff of darkness so fast that its passing will barely be noticed in the long term.

So go on with your life. Move along and keep on moving. Set down the glass from your hand that is her memory of just go. There is nothing that comes from holding onto that glass other than a sore arm and an aching heart.

Yeah, this is the same girl who was gonna leave me for gaming. And I only talk to her because of financial shit (which sucks) otherwise I have found getting out of the house for the entire weekend helps, and I am trying to get back into making music.

Financial shit? Like she's an adviser or she's loaded? Either way, what you need to do is cut contact and MOVE ON. Closure is overrated. Bring back an old hobby and get your mind off this stuff man, it's time to think about numero uno: yourself.

You may feel like she robbed you of heaven but this entire situation may have saved you from hell. You can do this!