Sign in to follow this  
Name

Requested Race-Specific Rule Changes

20 members have voted

1. 1. Unholy Paladin may not place his ultimate on a planted bomb.

• Good rule, add it
    • Eww no you're stupid
    • I have no feelings on it because I'm a careless bastard
  2. 2. Ahmed may not ult in the first 15 seconds of a round on crackhouse.

• gr8 idea m8
    • Kill yourself
    • Still a careless bastard

Two race-specific rules I believe would improve the server.

1. Unholy Paladins may not place their ultimate on a planted bomb.

2. Ahmed the Jihadist may not activate his ult in the first 15 seconds of the round on crackhouse.

The second one goes back to crackhouse being a terrible map rather than a problem with Ahmed, but if it's going to stay that rule could alleviate one huge annoyance.

2 is a bug, like most races his ultimate should have a cooldown. I'm already making a fix to him so I'll stick a 20 second cooldown in there too.

For 1, I'd much, much rather add some code to prevent certain ultimates from being activated near a planted bomb. This would be simple enough (store where bomb is planted, check distance to bomb when using specific ultimates). Are there any other ultimates you can think of that shouldn't be used near a planted bomb? Something that just does some damage for a few seconds isn't enough to be blocked. A molotov does a lot of damage over 7 seconds, for example. Unholy Feast at 12 seconds/certain death may in fact be the only exception here.

In general, I would much, much rather come up with code solutions than have race or map specific rules. Players should not have to know an arcane list of rules specific to each race before they play them. The few map and race rules that are in the motd are there because there was no reasonable code solution for them.

A lot of no votes and no real explanation as to why.

If we can make a code solution, all the better. Unholy Paladin's ult is the only one that springs to mind as making it absolutely impossible to defuse. Shadow Hunter wards if stacked on the bomb will deal a ton of damage, 16/sec, meaning even with a defuse kit you're going to take at least 80 damage from them if they're right on top of the bomb. I'll leave it up to you whether that constitutes needing to be restricted or not.

well tbh unholy pala ult doesn't stop killing him.. You can just go in stab go out and go in again or just shoot the guy...

Nvm I'm dumb xD

Edited by xmen

I really don't see unholy paladin ult as a real issue for bomb defense unless your trying to classify it as a ward and don't we allow wards on bombs?

you don't see an issue with making defusing impossible for 15 seconds? It's literally impossible to defuse even with a kit for the duration of the ultimate

I agree with the #1, using it in a planted c4 will actually grant 15 extra seconds, calculating c4 takes 45 seconds to explode then if is used in 25-19 then the round will be for the T's and that will be gay as fuck; But what punishment will be applied?

Thorgot,

are you going to make a piece of code to prevent ults like unholy paladin from working on the bomb?

If not, I can add a race specific solution to unholy paladin for that since I'm familiar with the code and it's a pretty simple fix.

Thorgot,

are you going to make a piece of code to prevent ults like unholy paladin from working on the bomb?

If not, I can add a race specific solution to unholy paladin for that since I'm familiar with the code and it's a pretty simple fix.

Already written, will test it tonight.