Sign in to follow this  
Triv

Bringing Back More WCS2 Races

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should more powerful races, specifically good WCS2 races be put onto the Warcraft server?

• Yes
    • No

Just from what i've heard from other people. A lot of races, people feel, are very underpowered and nerfed. People would like more races that have cooler and more powerful ultimates.

I remember a lot of races from the old WCS2 server  were very powerful and everything was very fun to play. 

I remember like abyss, rogue, warlock, and alot of races that were very good and had cool ultimates. I just wanted to make a vote to see how many people would like to see a bigger change in the races put onto the server. Because a lot of people are speaking out about it in the server, and would like to see cooler races.

It would just be cool to see some of the really cool races from old WCS2 and maybe even WCS1 be put on.

Edited by Triv

I would like to see Headcrab, that would touch in the territory of adding skins to races.

I say leave it to races that are based on that skin and by that I mean races such as Trickster and Headcrab. Don't need every race to have a skin and start messing with hit boxes.

You don't see many races brought over from wcs2 because people haven't really been suggesting them. We have a race suggestion forum section, you oughta use it. Races are toned down from wcs1. I'm fairly certain they can tweaked coming from wcs2 as well. I never really played wcs2 much at all, so I'm not too familiar with the races. 

Most of the races on War2 were there for a very good reason. Like putting all the bad applies in the same pile.

Yeah thats why WCS2 was way more successful and more fun to play than WCS1 right?

Or the gun race with 80% invis, bash/blind, and free respawn... Or their version of frodo which applied the knife dmg to nades too resulting in like 200 dmg 1 hit nades, which you could use to spawnkill the entire enemy team.. And wcs2 wasn't more successful :D

My only good memory of WCS2 was getting knifed in the back by a race that would teleport behind a player. If they are any good races, that one wasn't one of them.

FUCK YOU!

ROGUE OF KARTOSH IS BEST.

also grayman. 

I hated timelord lmao. The problem with that one was that its time slow ultimate would slow down the entire server for like 4 seconds. Would've been better if it only slowed down the area surrounding the person playing timelord.

Edited by Triv

Wcs1 was a version where everything was relatively balanced. WCS2 was what crazy fucked up op thing can be coded. 

That's not to say that it was bad but it was a bit absurd and with the current balance of races in War3 they wouldn't fit without being toned down. If you suggest balanced forms of the races you remember and it's within the realm of coding possibility I'm sure them fine ass engineers of sG could whip it up (assuming they feel that it would fit).

Now for the shit talking: I played wcs2 a few times. It was littered with noballs playing races that would oneshot me with little to no reason or explination behind it. Fuck WCS2. The novelty of everything being op isn't one that lasts.

Edited by Wintergreen

Wcs1 was a version where everything was relatively balanced. WCS2 was what crazy fucked up op thing can be coded.

That's not to say that it was bad but it was a bit absurd and with the current balance of races in War3 they wouldn't fit without being toned down. If you suggest balanced forms of the races you remember and it's within the realm of coding possibility I'm sure them fine ass engineers of sG could whip it up (assuming they feel that it would fit).

Now for the shit talking: I played wcs2 a few times. It was littered with noballs playing races that would oneshot me with little to no reason or explination behind it. Fuck WCS2. The novelty of everything being op isn't one that lasts.

The thing with wcs2 was that everything was op so it kinda balanced itself out. like having rogue of kartosh getting fucked by zombie etc high level races and getting shot Fully invisible races that were broken as fuck getting backstabbed by rogues and so on... That being said it would IMO be better to just make wcs2 than to try to fit the races in our current war3

For that I don't know if we have resources to accomplish