Sign in to follow this  
Ordinarygamer96

Malaysia airliner crashes in Ukraine

Fuck, there were more than 180 dutch people on that flight. My old dutch teacher was on that flight and she is dead now. This shit is so fucked up!

4 people from my home town,

12 from the town next to my town...

I got numberous people who actually know others, this disaster kinda hit closer then I thought.

*for the ones who don't know i'm dutch*

Edited by Don Danzone

Just throwing this out here right now, what has Obama done in comparison when handling Russian aggression such as other presidents like Regan? Whine and spout shit. Also, not saying I support either side but can anyone remember what happened during the last election debate? Romney stated that our problem was still Russia, Obama then said shit about how the 80's are calling and want their foreign policy back. Oh, looks whats happening. Not saying that Romney wasn't ignorant but jesus fucking christ it grinds my gears when people don't even fucking research shit. It would also help if the German PM wasn't such a puss and actually helped back up the rest of Europe when it came to dealing with Russian instead of hiding behind her skirt because she's afraid of taking an economic hit.

Fuck

I hate to say this but unfortunately, the situation in Ukraine isn't that black and white. Russia isn't being enabled to bully Ukraine because of America, or as certain politicians love to say, "Obama's weakness". This is about a Ukraine that has splintered into pro-Russia vs pro-EU. It has absolutely nothing to do with the US or their sphere of influence. Ever since the Russian Empire was formed hundreds of years ago, they have always been trying to assert their hegemony over Eastern Europe and in this case specifically, control over the Black Sea. What's Obama supposed to do? Send harshly worded E-Mails to Putin? Yes, it's sad that people are dying, but unfortunately not everything in the world can solved by simply involving the US or making aggressive statements that Putin would probably take as a compliment. Much less threatening war with a country that has nuclear weapons. Romney and McCain might have said otherwise publicly, but no one besides Sarah Palin is stupid enough to risk a war with Russia simply because shit is going down in Russia's backyard.

Now if Russian sponsored unrest was occurring in a country neighboring the US, someone in NATO or otherwise just very close aligned with the US, then you would be right that the US is acting far too timid here.

Russia isn't anywhere close as threatening as they were during the Cold War. That's why Obama laughed at Romney when he was trying to paint them as America's biggest threat. Because in reality, America's biggest threat is really China but even then it's nothing too serious because China has long long way to go before they can come close to seriously matching the US in terms of military strength. Hell, I don't think China can even take Taiwan as of now. Anyways, this whole debacle that's going on in Ukraine is nothing but desperate grandstanding by Putin wanting Russia to be recognized as a world power like it was in the past. Hell, Putin probably wants Obama to dramatically confront him because from Putin's perspective, it would make him look like a credible threat to the US and the West.

There's really nothing anyone could do here besides make more empty statements that Russia rein in the separatists. Or at best, supply Western Ukraine with weapons. Direct military intervention would turn an already bad situation into a complete catastrophe. The only people who can turn this situation around are the Ukrainians.

I hate to say this but unfortunately, the situation in Ukraine isn't that black and white. Russia isn't being enabled to bully Ukraine because of America, or as certain politicians love to say, "Obama's weakness". This is about a Ukraine that has splintered into pro-Russia vs pro-EU. It has absolutely nothing to do with the US or their sphere of influence. Ever since the Russian Empire was formed hundreds of years ago, they have always been trying to assert their hegemony over Eastern Europe and in this case specifically, control over the Black Sea. What's Obama supposed to do? Send harshly worded E-Mails to Putin? Yes, it's sad that people are dying, but unfortunately not everything in the world can solved by simply involving the US or making aggressive statements that Putin would probably take as a compliment. Much less threatening war with a country that has nuclear weapons. Romney and McCain might have said otherwise publicly, but no one besides Sarah Palin is stupid enough to risk a war with Russia simply because shit is going down in Russia's backyard.

Now if Russian sponsored unrest was occurring in a country neighboring the US, someone in NATO or otherwise just very close aligned with the US, then you would be right that the US is acting far too timid here.

Russia isn't anywhere close as threatening as they were during the Cold War. That's why Obama laughed at Romney when he was trying to paint them as America's biggest threat. Because in reality, America's biggest threat is really China but even then it's nothing too serious because China has long long way to go before they can come close to seriously matching the US in terms of military strength. Hell, I don't think China can even take Taiwan as of now. Anyways, this whole debacle that's going on in Ukraine is nothing but desperate grandstanding by Putin wanting Russia to be recognized as a world power like it was in the past. Hell, Putin probably wants Obama to dramatically confront him because from Putin's perspective, it would make him look like a credible threat to the US and the West.

There's really nothing anyone could do here besides make more empty statements that Russia rein in the separatists. Or at best, supply Western Ukraine with weapons. Direct military intervention would turn an already bad situation into a complete catastrophe. The only people who can turn this situation around are the Ukrainians.

Yeah, I get that, nothing is usually black and white. I'm just unbelievably frustrated that steps could have been taken to prevent something like this happening, or at least on a magnitude of this size. It's just that everyone seems to forget that Russia is ruled by, lets be honest, at this point a dictator. They (Russian Government) pretty much do the same shit as the DPRK do, they fucking test the waters and see how much backbone you have. I'm also kinda fucking mad that Obama was seen saying something along the lines of "Tell Putin when the election I'll be more flexible." I dunno, just frustrated as fuck right now.

As you just steps could have been taken... they are happening now and will last until the next time. Nothing will fix the problems of our little world. Far as I know the sanctions placed on Russia have/had crippled the Russian economy thus some of the reactionary statements focused the blame on the US. This is not even a US problem though.

I haven't paid too much attention to this as of late so I really do not know whats going on anymore.