Sign in to follow this  
Serif The Sheriff

Put Necklace and Periapt back

Ok, so Necklace is way to expensive now. It's to the point where it's not worth buying anymore so no one will. I honestly don't see what was wrong with the old price because that was pretty balanced, it wasn't cheap enough to buy over and over again, but it wasn't so expensive that it wasn't worth buying like it is now. $12000 is ridiculous and I don't understand why it had to be changed. Now onto Periapt, people complaining about it being op are just dumb noobs who suck at the game (same goes for necklace), I have been on the server for almost a year now and have never heard anyone complain about either item being op because neither of them were and the changes that have been made to them are just pointless and make them not worth buying anymore. I know I am not the only person who feels this way so whatever needs to happen to get the items reverted please let me know so we can make it happen.

Its the not the items that are OP Seriff it was never about that

It is about the combination of shopmenu items with races built in abilities. IF I had it my way the shopmenu would be gutted and left only exp tomes and scrolls of Respawn.

Well the shopmenu is there as a way to help balance out the gameplay when you have a really strong race vs a weaker race. That's why you either restrict more items for the strongers races to give them a little bit more of a disadvantage, or you allow people to stack items to a specific point. Since this server goes the restriction route then the stronger races should get more items restricted even if it isn't something the race already has. I.E. even though Fyndhorn doesn't have leech, leech makes it a lot stronger so you could justify restricting mask of death since it's already strong enough to do well without it. Anyways, thank you for setting it back Coolness

We had a four-engineer meeting to discuss this and a few other things today. We're going to try something new for necklace. Instead of adjusting cost or what races it is restricted for, it is going to protect against ultimates until 50% of the players are dead. After that it will deactivate until the following round. 50% is a value we came up with on the spot and could be tweaked.

The idea is this allows people to buy necklace on knife races like goldentail so they can distract without risk of being entangled or having other ultimates used on them for half the round but not after bomb plant or when the hostages are being rescued or when the round is winding down.

Is anyone else unhappy with the way necklace works now? I know a lot of thought/effort has been put in to modifiying it, but I don't really understand why. I, like Serif, have never seen anyone complain about the necklace before. I don't think it ever needed to be changed.

Based on thorgot's comment it seems like it was only changed to counter goldentail, which seems kinda weird. Since when have we ever nerfed a shopmenu item because of one race, and lets be honest, the two or three players that can even do well with it? Sensei has never gotten nerfed because it never needed to be. Just because a few players can work it doesn't mean it should get nerfed. Besides, there are plenty of hard counters to golden-tail: Dreadknight, Molecule, Duelist, Infected, and Judge of Altana(which is still broken and doesn't take dmg from knife at all unless it has less than 40hp).

From my persepective, the way necklace works right now puts to much power in the ultimates. I'm sure it's great for the players that rely on races with active ults like roots, chainlighting, rupture, locust and the like. I see these players that religiously use roots and just camp out everytime their ult has to cooldown. I've also seen more players camping and spamming locusts since the change. It's pretty sad seeing our top players get ganked by some noob with a dmg/root ultimate that hid in a corner all round.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'd rather the server catered to skilled players who can aim and rack up enough $ for necklace instead of less skilled players that have to rely on dmg/root ults for kills.

What kind of server does everyone else here want? One that rewards skilled players who can aim? Or one that rewards a players ability to spam the ult bind. Can we get a poll going on this?

P.S. My idea for change if there has to be one: set necklace to $10k like it was in the UV days.

I am not a fan. Mainly because races like night elf become EXTREMELY strong when they are last alive and other races who just have a strong advantage  in a 1 v 1-2 situation. Again like orcish horde/night elf etc.

Is anyone else unhappy with the way necklace works now? I know a lot of thought/effort has been put in to modifiying it, but I don't really understand why. I, like Serif, have never seen anyone complain about the necklace before. I don't think it ever needed to be changed.

Based on thorgot's comment it seems like it was only changed to counter goldentail, which seems kinda weird. Since when have we ever nerfed a shopmenu item because of one race, and lets be honest, the two or three players that can even do well with it? Sensei has never gotten nerfed because it never needed to be. Just because a few players can work it doesn't mean it should get nerfed. Besides, there are plenty of hard counters to golden-tail: Dreadknight, Molecule, Duelist, Infected, and Judge of Altana(which is still broken and doesn't take dmg from knife at all unless it has less than 40hp).

From my persepective, the way necklace works right now puts to much power in the ultimates. I'm sure it's great for the players that rely on races with active ults like roots, chainlighting, rupture, locust and the like. I see these players that religiously use roots and just camp out everytime their ult has to cooldown. I've also seen more players camping and spamming locusts since the change. It's pretty sad seeing our top players get ganked by some noob with a dmg/root ultimate that hid in a corner all round.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'd rather the server catered to skilled players who can aim and rack up enough $ for necklace instead of less skilled players that have to rely on dmg/root ults for kills.

What kind of server does everyone else here want? One that rewards skilled players who can aim? Or one that rewards a players ability to spam the ult bind. Can we get a poll going on this?

P.S. My idea for change if there has to be one: set necklace to $10k like it was in the UV days.

Yes take back the change, make it 10K+. No, I don't agree with your aim rant. I'll say it, I'm not good, and a lot of others aren't. What am I supposed to do if say pug or rootbeer have a lace and I can't switch to molecule and they're holding a nade out cause my teammates are sick of them too. What am I supposed to do then? Be fucked until I get lucky? As sad as it is, sometimes I have to rely on roots cause so many races have really strong lj. My suggestion would be to make it always ult immune, but increase the cost and make it so you can't buy it after a certain k/d, like 3:1 so that if someone is doing well, they better be doing it without bought ult immunity.

Yeah knife races are practically unplayable now.. It was hard enough to keep buying the immunity with 6k now all u can do is play natures wisp or zombie cause those are the only races that can survive roots :<

I'm guessing it was mainly for golden tail to stop the ult immune rampage?

Edited by xmen

Yes take back the change, make it 10K+. No, I don't agree with your aim rant. I'll say it, I'm not good, and a lot of others aren't. What am I supposed to do if say pug or rootbeer have a lace and I can't switch to molecule and they're holding a nade out cause my teammates are sick of them too. What am I supposed to do then? Be fucked until I get lucky? As sad as it is, sometimes I have to rely on roots cause so many races have really strong lj. My suggestion would be to make it always ult immune, but increase the cost and make it so you can't buy it after a certain k/d, like 3:1 so that if someone is doing well, they better be doing it without bought ult immunity.

Oh shut up, you will hop on dreadknight or molecule even if I'm the ONLY knife race on the server. I don't see you wanting to balance anything, you want knife races to be shit. You even said that you hate knife races and you go out of your way to make sure I don't have fun on a knife race.

Anything you say regarding knife race balance I don't believe is going to be for the better balance. Look at all the people that play mostly knife races and look at all the people that play gun races. What do you think the majority is? Guns, if knife races were as OP as you make them out to be, all the top players would be using them. Only pug does though and that's because its his niche.

/rant

Fuck you

#buttmad

Not going to lie, I really hate necklace. Although I haven't played on the warcraft server in a while I'd rather put up with the Ice Totem item over the necklace any day of the week. For those who don't know or don't remember Ice Totem reduces any movement impairments to .33 seconds. It makes the ultimates somewhat worth something while also allowing some knife races to live through stuff like roots, slow and bash. Granted, it will make pug and root more of a pain in the ass when on golden tail but at least you can counter a little instead of having to worry about necklace.

Not going to lie, I really hate necklace. Although I haven't played on the warcraft server in a while I'd rather put up with the Ice Totem item over the necklace any day of the week. For those who don't know or don't remember Ice Totem reduces any movement impairments to .33 seconds. It makes the ultimates somewhat worth something while also allowing some knife races to live through stuff like roots, slow and bash. Granted, it will make pug and root more of a pain in the ass when on golden tail but at least you can counter a little instead of having to worry about necklace.

I miss that item

Firstly, it's not just nooby players taking advantage of the necklace nerf by ult spamming certain races. Secondly, just because someone plays a race with a freezing or dmging ult doesn't mean they are automatically a noob for using it lol. Marzu, BlackGuy, Spicy, and several of the other more skilled players on the server, yourself included, have played on these races that are now way stronger late game because of the nerf. It's not just the noobs that have flocked to Night Elf and crypt lord because of this, it's everyone, and a lot of the lesser skilled players don't even bother with them because either way they still aren't good enough to kill the better players whether they root or locust spam or not.

Now that that's out of the way, the nerfing of Necklace has made it way harder on the lesser players than anyone because it's hard enough for them to make it to late game and it they do they have to deal with the better players who are now a lot stronger with necklace disabled. And I agree with Brenner that nerfs shouldn't be done just because a couple of players are really good with specific races because nerfing things that the better players don't need to rely on to be good just makes it that much harder for the players who rely on that stuff to do well. Despite my favorite race becoming one of the strongest late game races now, I have been against the nerf from the start and think it needs to go back to how it's been or have the priced raised up.

And I agree with Brenner that nerfs shouldn't be done just because a couple of players are really good with specific races.

Based on thorgot's comment it seems like it was only changed to counter goldentail, which seems kinda weird.

Agreed, we should tone the race itself down and not a supplement of it. (RE: Sensei evasion nerf but please revert necklace if so).

Although I haven't played on the warcraft server in a while I'd rather put up with the Ice Totem item over the necklace any day of the week

I think a decent solution would be to swap necklace out with Ice Totem. It seems that the main complaint over the necklace nerf is not damaging ultimates but movement-restraining ultimates. I agree that I've seen a lot of night elves recently and getting entangled is almost 100% a guaranteed death. While we could also just simply nerf night elf's ultimate, ice totem would be a great balance in regards to movement-restriction: it gives you enough time to shoot the entangled person and at the same time if they don't die; the person would now have at least have a decent chance to counter attack. This seems more fair and balanced than the entangler being able to sweep every player he rooted, which is the current case.

i've been pondering ideas this past week about necklace. I thought about bringing back ice totem, or messing with necklace itself. This whole necklace change was brought about because of sensei. I don't want this to be about sensei, though. Sensei benefits from necklace A LOT, but that doesn't stray from the fact that everyone else does to some degree. i like necklace at 10k+ because i believe it is a very powerful item compared to all the other items we offer in the shopmenu. I'm fine reverting the changes and keeping it at 10k. Also, let it be known, night elf's ultimate is receiving a blow to the ultimate cooldown. (and potentially other rooting races if I see fit) 

i've been pondering ideas this past week about necklace. I thought about bringing back ice totem, or messing with necklace itself. This whole necklace change was brought about because of sensei. I don't want this to be about sensei, though. Sensei benefits from necklace A LOT, but that doesn't stray from the fact that everyone else does to some degree. i like necklace at 10k+ because i believe it is a very powerful item compared to all the other items we offer in the shopmenu. I'm fine reverting the changes and keeping it at 10k. Also, let it be known, night elf's ultimate is receiving a blow to the ultimate cooldown. (and potentially other rooting races if I see fit) 

Put the necklace to 10k but don't change the root races.

Putting the necklace at 10k is hurting the lesser players, typically people that are doing really well have enough cash from their kills and wins to buy the necklace every round. By putting it at 10k it's really hurting the players that aren't so good, it lets the good players continue to rape teams.

Putting the necklace at 10k is hurting the lesser players, typically people that are doing really well have enough cash from their kills and wins to buy the necklace every round. By putting it at 10k it's really hurting the players that aren't so good, it lets the good players continue to rape teams.

Completely agree. Which is why I came up with something else, we have a whoring script in place to prevent the good players from whoring out strong races, so why not do something similar with Necklace? Put it back to the way it was before, but what if a script was put in place so if a player has a certain kd they can't buy the item since they are doing good enough as it is

Ugh, if possible please stop with that. The whole point of the mod was to have fun in the first place. If you're going to add that into the mix it kind of kills off what some people would consider fun any more. Why not just remove necklace entirely? If you remove it, you can kill a better player with ult and possibly ruining their kill streak.I mean from what I see is that people here play for rank anyways, makes no sense but okay.. If you go with the idea of putting in ice totem it will make knife races more playable. They wouldn't have to sit there and watch a person kill them while they're rooted for the entire duration. If you disable the item after half the server dies, it sort of defeats the purpose of purchasing the item. Since we're talking about this, what ever happened to the ult immune bubble on races like priest?