Sign in to follow this  
driz

Zombie Survival - gmod

Friends and hated community members, please go try out the test zombie survival server I built last night. I tried it out and it's quite fun. 

you will need gmod and possible css for textures. (much like ttt) 

173.234.237.58:27017

sourcebans isn't loaded into it yet, so theres no admin capability. it's also not currently 24/7 as I'm still working on some things. either way, try it out and give feedback, kthx.

make points damage-based instead of kill-based. it is annoying as fuck to do thousands of points of damage and get nothing from it.

its supposed to be points damage based.. ill look into it.

here were the changes for the release i used

* It actually works and is supported.
* Points are distributed by damage instead of kills and assists.
* Barricading system revamp.
* Ability to very slowly phase through barricades as a human (Press Z by default).
* New zombies, new weapons, new tools, just tons more content.
* Integrated system for changing maps. Don't have to setup a map list anymore.
* Tons of console variables and client options for fine-tuning the game without actually editing it.
* An ass load of new mapping entities, outputs for existing entities, and other things make it easier to create intricate new maps. A whole bunch of massive, impressive objective-based maps have been created already. Best of all, you get to play them on your own server now.
* Dynamic spawning. Zombies are now able to spawn on top of other zombies that are out of view of humans. This makes it much easier to get back to the humans while you're a zombie and allows particularly large maps to still be played.
* Polished. I still have to redo a few things but it looks and behaves a lot better.

sorry guys, it has been requested that this be shut down due to it not being prime time prior to it's release. Hopefully someone else will pick it up and run with it.