Sign in to follow this  
JaFaR

A little surf love.

I know shadow is going to be amazing in the next day or so and remove a map or two and fiddle with a few of the settings.

but here are a few recommendations of maps i would enjoy to see. 

1. surf_mai_redone 

2. surf_colos2

3. surf_greatriver_xdre4m_d  (We already have Greatriver but this is a nice spruced up version.)

4. surf_csgo_10x_v2    (It's a classic !) 

5. surf_aztec_ruins_xmas_pbfinal (We have a few of Aztec style maps but this is a fresh snowy Christmas version and i think it would be a nice one to add) 

Maps that I personally don't enjoy and normally get RTV'd before it's over. 

1. surf_10xinfernohq_r4   (Breaks the server. Shadow is aware of this though) 

2. Don't know the exact names of all of them but we have a few of maps that resemble Aztec. one or two of them imo should be removed so we have more variety. 

Any of the few Surf players have any other ideas? 

(I did not provide download links for the maps. Did not want to link spam) 

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/166178

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/178461

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/180213

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/168516

there you are! 

Sorry about not noticing this but surf_mai_redonehad a copy right on it for downloading. I assume it's an issue. Here it is if you still want to look.  http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/download/81538   

1. surf_mai_redone - the version you linked to is broken, and the most recent one i uploaded (in january 2013, surf_mai_redone_final2_rat) is also broken
2. surf_colos2 - looks cool, we should probably test it
3. surf_greatriver_xdre4m_d  - map was on the server for along with the other greatriver for over a year, someone must have decided they didn't want both and liked the other better
4. surf_csgo_10x_v2  - been on the server since may 2012, was removed (likely to server crashing although i don't remember why)
5. surf_aztec_ruins_xmas_pbfinal - literally a snow reskin of a map that is on the server

i have personally scoured through every single surf map on fpsbanana up until about 6 months ago, added every map that appeared worthwhile, and tested them to make sure they worked.  it is safe to say that every surf map on there older than 6 months has a reason for it not being in our rotation.

one thing i used to do as well was sit in surf community servers at like 4am when they were empty and just rtv through their mapcycle to pick up all the interesting maps.  the surf communities who port maps themselves do not usually post them on fpsbanana.  if you have any worthwhile maps from playing in other surf servers, let us know.

1. surf_mai_redone - the version you linked to is broken, and the most recent one i uploaded (in january 2013, surf_mai_redone_final2_rat) is also broken

2. surf_colos2 - looks cool, we should probably test it

3. surf_greatriver_xdre4m_d  - map was on the server for along with the other greatriver for over a year, someone must have decided they didn't want both and liked the other better

4. surf_csgo_10x_v2  - been on the server since may 2012, was removed (likely to server crashing although i don't remember why)

5. surf_aztec_ruins_xmas_pbfinal - literally a snow reskin of a map that is on the server

i have personally scoured through every single surf map on fpsbanana up until about 6 months ago, added every map that appeared worthwhile, and tested them to make sure they worked.  it is safe to say that every surf map on there older than 6 months has a reason for it not being in our rotation.

one thing i used to do as well was sit in surf community servers at like 4am when they were empty and just rtv through their mapcycle to pick up all the interesting maps.  the surf communities who port maps themselves do not usually post them on fpsbanana.  if you have any worthwhile maps from playing in other surf servers, let us know.

I don't think FPSbanana allows uploading of ported maps..

I don't understand the great river thing, most of all the other surf servers out there have different versions of the same maps. If people don't want to play essentially the same map, they'll pick something else.

Was not as much a hate towards but when there are regulars such as myself and a few of the people i have become friends with are the ones recommending maps to the new people. There is always this "Ugh ummm, what should we play? ummm. I guess we can play this" Because we play the same 8 to 10 maps all day and its great fun! but have a similar map with a fresh look would give it a great new vibe. 

Seems like the only maps worth adding are surf_colos2 and readding surf_greatriver_xdre4m_d. I know the csgo_10 one was causing tons of issues before. Adding them now

I want more skill maps where you get more for going to the end instead of going through endless loops and land in the middle and kill people. Austinpowers should be ported. Legends is a great example. And there's the map I forgot but it has a white jail, blue walls, and white surf bricks. Maybe someone can remember.