Sign in to follow this  
Bob Ross Zombie

First car

After 10 years and more then 300,000 on the original motor and transmission, I had to get rid of my first car. I bought my 96 Cherokee of my parents for $1,000 when I got my license. I added a 3in spring life on it, and some nice mud terrain tires. A lot of good memories on it, but after the motor finally went I sold it to a friend for $300. Farewell PUMA.

WpLO6M2.png

As skotti said, its all about the past history of proper maintenance and lack of abuse will make a engine last forever... and luck. My mother's 2000 Blazer recently pasted 200k miles, its a good beater truck for hauling heavy things in a trailer at this point.

most motors can last this long, if not longer

its user error 99% of the time when they die.

Not the motor the trans didn't they have all sorts of problems with them in the earlier.

Edited by Sakata

300k on an old dodge that blows my mind.

My parents were the second owners, the 1st was an old couple. I always kept this things running great, even after muddin. It's all how well you maintain it and don't drive it like a jackass everywhere you can get more out of it.

Why didn't you just put a new motor in it? 300,000 is just a number. If the jeep itself wasn't falling apart, then you coulda brought it back to life.

My 04 chevy has almost 300k on it. Granted it too has a blown engine, but the thing is solid as a rock.

Edited by Professional Velo

It had a few holes in the floor and the worked needed to pull the engine out was more then I wanted after I just ghetto rigged the motor mount. So I sold it to a friend for $300 who has NO floors at all in his so he is just dropping his engine and all in his and saving the rest for parts. I'm taking that $300 and buying a 93 Manuel one this week. Only thing wrong is no parking pin. So I got that and my wife's car

Ah i see. Atleast someone's getting more use out of it instead if it being turned into a cube :)

It had a few holes in the floor and the worked needed to pull the engine out was more then I wanted after I just ghetto rigged the motor mount. So I sold it to a friend for $300 who has NO floors at all in his so he is just dropping his engine and all in his and saving the rest for parts. I'm taking that $300 and buying a 93 Manuel one this week. Only thing wrong is no parking pin. So I got that and my wife's car

Leave Manuel out of this! He's just trying to provide for his family!

Why didn't you just put a new motor in it? 300,000 is just a number. If the jeep itself wasn't falling apart, then you coulda brought it back to life.

My 04 chevy has almost 300k on it. Granted it too has a blown engine, but the thing is solid as a rock.

This

My buddy has a '74 Beetle with 540,000 recorded miles. He has records of eight owners, and four of them paid for engine overhauls. He did a fifth overhaul and the thing runs like new.