Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpartanSakaro

Destiny

Comes free with the xbox 1 i ordered, but from what I seeing from the internets backlash, Destiny is just a prettier version of borderlands, without the fun, but I'll see for myself.

And this is why that 30 bucks price tag i have for it is mighty awesome right now.

I probably would have given it a 70

The story was basically non existent and after you reach level 20 and beat the few story missions the game is incredibly broken because multiplayer is so flawed.

If this game was like 30 bucks I would be all for it, but I can't recommend it for 60.

It was just overhyped so much.

From what I hear there's a decent amount of free content coming the next month or so. But it's stuff the should have come with the game tbh

Pretty sure what you hear is them just unlocking more multiplayer gamemodes that they have kept locked....

Pretty sure what you hear is them just unlocking more multiplayer gamemodes that they have kept locked....

Yup that's it. Bungie really fucked people over

The amount of butthurt in the comments section when gamespot gave it a 6 is hysterical

this game is pretty boring

every single boss is this: have two people stand on opposite sides of the room, boss slowly turns towards one of you while the other unloads in the back. repeat. over and over again. same missions. same areas. same objectives.

oh and these fights are like 15 minutes each

i swear no more than 5% of their budget went into gameplay design

" players need to feel total immersion in their world"

"which is why im sending them over to this area they have been through to collect 8 pieces of quest objective"

"on 3 seperate difficulty levels"

The saddest thing is the game already made so much money thanks to the hype train Activision is hardly gonna give a damn about the bad reviews and it'll just keep pumping out paid dlc and eventually slightly different sequels.

I like the game me and the group of people I play with enjoy it just fine. Its an rpg where you grind out materials and gear at high levels and if you tried to do the heroics with the modifiers you would find yourself getting your ass handed to you. It is the same principle behind farming in wow. You que up to do the same instance/raid the same way hoping to get better gear and mats each time. The difference is one is a shooter one is a 3rd person skill key game.The game has a ton of lore and hidden snipets there are 5 golden chests on each planet and there are cosmetics and dyes. Collect strange coins for the black market npc who shows up on the weekends to sell exotics and gear mods. You can get good gear by just doing patrols if you don't like doing the instances. I am not being a fan boy I was extremely weary of this game when it came out and yes it is very repetitive but that is the nature of the beast these days. Get some friends set some goals beat some heroic modes and tell me how boring the game is then.

10687388_10152402495042685_8475332023736

Just so you can't say I am talking out of my ass. 

I like the game me and the group of people I play with enjoy it just fine. Its an rpg where you grind out materials and gear at high levels and if you tried to do the heroics with the modifiers you would find yourself getting your ass handed to you. It is the same principle behind farming in wow. You que up to do the same instance/raid the same way hoping to get better gear and mats each time. The difference is one is a shooter one is a 3rd person skill key game.The game has a ton of lore and hidden snipets there are 5 golden chests on each planet and there are cosmetics and dyes. Collect strange coins for the black market npc who shows up on the weekends to sell exotics and gear mods. You can get good gear by just doing patrols if you don't like doing the instances. I am not being a fan boy I was extremely weary of this game when it came out and yes it is very repetitive but that is the nature of the beast these days. Get some friends set some goals beat some heroic modes and tell me how boring the game is then.

10687388_10152402495042685_8475332023736

Just so you can't say I am talking out of my ass.

"Ton of lore" don't you have to look at like 80 percent of the story on the website and isn't there like 3 cut scenes the whole game? Now I'll admit I haven't played the game but I've watched a shit ton of gameplay. The one that seems to summarize the game to me is angry Joe fighting a boss and doing nothing for 10 minutes besides run back and forth reviving and getting revived as they fire endless amounts of bullets at the glowing spot on the boss. Like 4 other boss fights I saw was nothing but that. Game seems to me more like moving concept art than a 500 million dollar budget game world

There is about 1-2 "cut scenes" per planet. The Reef is only cut scenes. Angry Joe had a pre-conceived notion about the game before he ever played it. He even talked about how he expected is was more mmo then rpg. I know the video your talking about where he and his friends got raped on stream over and over. They were under leveled and running around like chickens with no heads.I will agree the bosses are more of a math problem then anything else but like I said that is the nature of the beast. Destiny is not a 10 out of 10 game. Is it as horrible as people make it out to be? I don't think so.The lore in the game is collected by grims and you go onto their website and login to your account and look at all the lores you have picked up. Its in a virtual library tab and they tried to be fancy about it. Does all the lore need to be in game files *shrugs* I don't really care.If you like to shoot shit and it be challenging then Destiny is fun. Angry Joe wouldn't know his ass from his mouth if he tried to do any of the heroics.

There is about 1-2 "cut scenes" per planet. The Reef is only cut scenes. Angry Joe had a pre-conceived notion about the game before he ever played it. He even talked about how he expected is was more mmo then rpg. I know the video your talking about where he and his friends got raped on stream over and over. They were under leveled and running around like chickens with no heads.I will agree the bosses are more of a math problem then anything else but like I said that is the nature of the beast. Destiny is not a 10 out of 10 game. Is it as horrible as people make it out to be? I don't think so.The lore in the game is collected by grims and you go onto their website and login to your account and look at all the lores you have picked up. Its in a virtual library tab and they tried to be fancy about it. Does all the lore need to be in game files *shrugs* I don't really care.If you like to shoot shit and it be challenging then Destiny is fun. Angry Joe wouldn't know his ass from his mouth if he tried to do any of the heroics.

I never said I used anything angry Joe said. I meant purely his gameplay which showed the boss fights to basically be extremely repetitive bullet sponges with no context or entertainment. A game where the developers were bragging about the lore should have the lore in game not on some Dumbass website.

*facepalm*The lore is verbally told to you..its just kept on a website if you want to re-read it.......like I said the bosses are sleepers but hey I don't judge a game by one aspect

I remember back during E3 2 or 3 years ago a bungie employee plugged this as the greatest game of all time, sure there is some bias but this game isn't even in the top 1000. After all the hype they built up and the lack of features the reviews score on metacritic in my opinion are spot on.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/destiny

I've already got to level 20, and I stopped playing it out of sheer boredom. Needless to say I have no one on the 360 to play it with so doing the same boss fights over and over is an awful idea regardless. The fact that the bosses are restricted to a certain area, and that they take such a long time, and so many bullets (I often run out, or the boss will be reset after using all your high-damage weapons) before they die, makes the chance at getting a drop in the first place, let alone a good drop, not worth it. Maybe if every time you were guaranteed a drop, at least that way you know you'll get SOMETHING.

Also these vanguard levels or whatever, I'm barely half way to level 1 and I'm level 20 already. I think upon completing the game we should have been awarded more, so that we would not have to grind so much just to begin to get past level 20.

I'm kind of wondering how all these years of work have resulted in such a game that feels neglected or even forgotten about.

I noticed that one of the side story mission things had me do an environment scan in a place with a level 26 guarding it. The thing about these level 26's is that (I'm assuming unless you're level 21 or over, you can't damage it) it is immune to all your damage, and one shots you no matter what, making it incredibly difficult to run past him, and stand still for 5+ seconds without dying. Oh sure you can lure him away from it, around the corner or whatever suits your taste, however he can also teleport, meaning he'll just teleport back and follow you immediately any ways.

I would enjoy this game if there were more to the npc mechanics, it's too easy to master, there are no surprises, no hidden little tricks they do, they don't run up walls and disappear or anything that keeps you concerned for your character. It seems as if they directed this game more towards cod players, as if to try to expand the games that they play, because anyone and everyone who plays mmorpg's and what not, finds this extremely boring, repetitive, etc.

somehow I knew this would be a dud. gameplay footage never did it for me. I had decent hopes for this game, but the lack of content and repetitive nature of things is a huge turn off for me. in the long run, it looks like it will be fun.

The fact they've been working on this game for like 6 years on the drawing board at least(they had easter eggs teasing destiny in odst) and they don't really have any unique ideas or really any soul in it kinda makes me worry about the future of triple A games as the industry continues to form up into bigger and bigger mega companies like Activision

I'm pretty mad, just got my first legendary engram when to the crypt guy and it turned into a blue, reached my crypt level on that and got another purple and it turned into 3 strange coins.

This game and I hate each other equally.

The fact they've been working on this game for like 6 years on the drawing board at least(they had easter eggs teasing destiny in odst) and they don't really have any unique ideas or really any soul in it kinda makes me worry about the future of triple A games as the industry continues to form up into bigger and bigger mega companies like Activision

indeed. we've been seeing less AAA games than ever before and more indie games. it's quickly becoming a balance of spending $60 for a big title or $60 on many smaller games at once. arguably, you'd want to buy more games with you money. but if Destiny, Watch Dogs etc. are any example of the quality we can expect from AAA games, than I'd rather spend my time and money on indie titles.