Sign in to follow this  
Bob Ross Zombie

Adjusting paidmin

This is a great example of why admin should be harder to get. Buyers should at least need some refer all from SO or staff before they can get it.

I am in support of a sponsor, someone of the community has to clear them to have a paid admin position. Or at least a test for anyone getting it for Jailbreak.

I have been seeing too many taking advantage of their admin and acting as though they are SO's and giving the community a bad rep.

I know this will not be well welcome to mess with our income but, it'll save us from dead servers

Edited by Bob Ross' Zombie

Thank you for supporting my idea. We seriously need this like half the new paidmins are people who have played less than a week and decided to take their parents credit cards to see how much they can abuse.

I understand the clan needs income but if the prospective buyer is the kind of player unable to get a couple referrals from others then they probably aren't the kind of player we want admining

Edited by Ordinarygamer96

This will hurt income so it won't happen, the best thing you can get from this is staff penalizing powertripping paidmins more often.

This will hurt income so it won't happen, the best thing you can get from this is staff penalizing powertripping paidmins more often.

Like I said I think staff should consider the fact that if they can't get referrals chances are they will be bad admin and could potentially drive off future good admins. Hurting income more.

What's the point of income if you have dead servers. Jailbreak is our highest populated server at the moment and if they kill off the population there then we could sink. Further down on population.

a few bad paidmins don't kill a server and if you're an SO, just put them in check when they get out of line and that's that.

also lets be honest this shit is really about that kid bastian and the fact he's not being dealt with

Edited by Mufasa

Would it really be that hard to do this though? The only people it would prevent from getting it would be potential badmins. If someone dosent want to take the time to get like 2 SO refs then we should question why they want the admin.

Heck

if staff dosent want the ref thing at least put in a 24 hour period between purchase and activation in which members can object to the purchase and provide valid reasons why they don't deserve admin

I'll be honest, the people who said it would affect the income and not happen, you are probably pretty close to correct.

sG is community funded, unlike some of our competitors, we don't have corporate sponsors.  All our money come from donations and (mainly) admin subscriptions.

You guys wanted better servers, better hardware, more servers.  It all costs money to upgrade and keep the servers up.  A lot of money.

Like josh said, there are very few admins that cause issues, and punishing everyone, because one person is an idiot will not help sG financially.

What can, and should start happening, is that the bad admins have to have more serious consequences to their actions.  What I think we need, is to go back to having an admin school, for the bad admins.

The issue with this, is time.  Everyone on staff is busy, we are all unpaid volunteers, so to get people to sit down with shitty admins, usually they are like 12YO's with no respect or motivation to learn how to admin properly, it's a huge burden on us.

I would honestly like to see a group of people try to help the bad admins (and any new ones that want to learn), how to uphold the rules and become a positive influence on the server.

yo Bob you're a SO, if a prem admin is giving you shit, power tripping you, or being a fucktard, put that bitch in line. You are a server officer for a reason, to help the server and the community and if some prem admin is being a cancer to the server either report him to a staff to talk about his admin getting taken away or deal with it yourself. You have power over these people for a reason. 

edit: i also assume you made this thread over the recent events with Bastian. Dont assume all prem. admins are like him, we've never had prem admin problems till he bought it. So why punish people who want to buy admin and actually know the rules and want to create a good atmosphere for the server over some little kid who bought prem. and trolls the server. 

Edited by Miley Cyrus

1.We need to give SO's and Staff the ability and back up to act swiftly and harshly against anyone abusing admin privileges.

2. I think we should increase the number of trusted SO's in order to regualte the server further. Even if there's 3 SO's on, with a full server it's still hard to catch everything sometimes.

3. I think we need some sort of admin training before paidmins are given access to commands. It could be something as simple as a 5-question quiz on some of the basic rules of the server.

4. Consider adding a monetary penalty to admins who are found abusing. Each time an SO has to discipline you, your admin subscription goes up $5 next month.

5. Consider Starting the paidmin subscription cost higher, and then having it decrease as months go on.

6. Consider a discounted subscription rate for those who are good admins. Give SO's and Staff a way to recognize exemplary Admins and knock $5-$10 off their sub for the following months. Would encourage good behavior.

Just a few ideas.

1.We need to give SO's and Staff the ability and back up to act swiftly and harshly against anyone abusing admin privileges.

2. I think we should increase the number of trusted SO's in order to regualte the server further. Even if there's 3 SO's on, with a full server it's still hard to catch everything sometimes.

3. I think we need some sort of admin training before paidmins are given access to commands. It could be something as simple as a 5-question quiz on some of the basic rules of the server.

4. Consider adding a monetary penalty to admins who are found abusing. Each time an SO has to discipline you, your admin subscription goes up $5 next month.

5. Consider Starting the paidmin subscription cost higher, and then having it decrease as months go on.

6. Consider a discounted subscription rate for those who are good admins. Give SO's and Staff a way to recognize exemplary Admins and knock $5-$10 off their sub for the following months. Would encourage good behavior.

Just a few ideas.

I like more SO's idea. when there is a full server in JB, ive seen maybe 2 SO's on. How are they supposed to watch 40 people, make sure rules are being followed, and play the game? I play around 2 in the morning (Central) and there are no SO's on sometimes.

Admin training would also be good. I would be willing to make a Youtube video on rules and commands to help paid admins understand rules and commands.

I think paid admins need an SO/Staff referral before purchasing. Referrals are not hard, just have to play good and ask for one.

Higher punishment on paid admins who continually abuse would be good. I feel alot of paid admin get away with shit, lots of the time on late night JB.

Higher Paid admin would be good for new people, then decreases as you join and rank up. But then again it might turn people away from buying admin.

Edited by The Dλrk Knight Rises

I'm not all about the harsher penalties. The only way you can learn to be an admin is through experience, and that is gained by fucking up and then learning "what did I do wrong."

I am however in agreement with a tutorial or someome showing new admins the ropes. This should cut down on the number of admins that are just stupid as fuck.

Edited by Spawned

What alot of the suggestions fail to fix is the fact some people who buy admin just want to abuse it and troll. Teaching them rules won't fix that. A simple refer all problem would fix that and like I've said before if the person can't get like 2 referrals they are not the kind of people we want to have admin. I mean for god sake Bastian has 4 bans in less than a month and he was allowed admin.

thank god none of you are doctors otherwise you would amputate peoples limbs just because they have a small cut on it

+1 to you sir.

I mean for god sake Bastian has 4 bans in less than a month and he was allowed admin.

6 bans and he can be perma'ed....  Almost there!

I have to admit, I'm a paidmin and I even see a lot of other people abusing their powers, I try not to abuse mine but half the paidmins don't even know the rules.