Sign in to follow this  
Paradoxical Papaya

Airsoft

Lol airsoft is shit, we used to have some people who would come down to my field (where I used to work at) on every other weekend and their constant bitching about other people being out was hilarious. My opinion is a little bias since I was a competitive paintball player for 4 years, went out of state and played in big tournaments. Airsoft pellets feel like you got a pinch from a 5 year old. Back when I used to ref walk-ons I got shot in the neck by some guy and still have the scar to this day because that little fuck turned up his fps. I stopped playing when I saw my friends nearly die from a 80mph 4x roll over crash on our way back from a tournament. Buddy got airlifted away and just recently invited me back to play on a competitive team again.

Paintball > Airsoft 

I do own a Thompson airsoft gun that I never use however

Edited by Demon

I used to airsoft and paintball, until I tore my ACL, haven't really gone back to it because the fields were so far from me. I still have my KWA M93 Special Edition, and an A&K Masada that I built up myself. Bravo v2 gearbox, with ball bearing conversion, M140 spring, forgot the brand motor but a new one to go with the M140, custom pistons (went through a lot of them with the M140) kept the original gear set and trigger assembly, runs a 6.03mm extended precision barrel with "supressor" to cover the extra length, shoots around 400-410fps with .28g bb's and 11.1v volt LiPo. Optics on it is an imitation ACOG, but at least has real magnifying optics. Also has a magpul foregrip, magpul sling, and runs Bravo M4 magazines.

Photos are like 4 years old now.

257964_1786104967795_2873581_o.jpg

This was with foregrip and stock barrel with meat grinder muzzle break instead.

431601_2644611309917_475280045_n.jpg

Edited by DrKhanMD

Played it in the woods the friends when is was mad popular (2004ish) stop playing because it's for kids IMO. I'd rather play paintball or laser tag.

Won't lie though for an unpowered NB gun. It's pretty cool

Lol airsoft is shit, we used to have some people who would come down to my field (where I used to work at) on every other weekend and their constant bitching about other people being out was hilarious. My opinion is a little bias since I was a competitive paintball player for 4 years, went out of state and played in big tournaments. Airsoft pellets feel like you got a pinch from a 5 year old. Back when I used to ref walk-ons I got shot in the neck by some guy and still have the scar to this day because that little fuck turned up his fps. I stopped playing when I saw my friends nearly die from a 80mph 4x roll over crash on our way back from a tournament. Buddy got airlifted away and just recently invited me back to play on a competitive team again.

Paintball > Airsoft 

I do own a Thompson airsoft gun that I never use however

Until you realize those fuckers exist in paintball too and it hurts a lot more when some little fuck runs up around a dorito and shoots you with frozen paint balls.

Fuck that shit.

( Better than paintball ) 

Better than paintball!?!?! Lmfao, there no way that airsofting is better than paintball. Is it because paintball hurts and air "soft" doesn't?

Until you realize those fuckers exist in paintball too and it hurts a lot more when some little fuck runs up around a dorito and shoots you with frozen paint balls.

Fuck that shit.

Practically, all the places I've been to make you but their paint balls to prevent that from happening unless you play recreational with friends. I always like messing around with walk-ins, except the time when I ran across the field to tag this kid. I tag him saying "You're out", little douchbag turns around and shoots me on the thigh. He was last one too, still won the game.

Fuck that shit.

I know they exist in paintball, that's what the story was about lol. Also I don't see all the controversy over frozen paintballs, mainly because my field was field paint only and anyone caught freezing our paintballs were kicked out. 

I know they exist in paintball, that's what the story was about lol. Also I don't see all the controversy over frozen paintballs, mainly because my field was field paint only and anyone caught freezing our paintballs were kicked out. 

only kicked out?

my old place (and this probably isn't legal) would have everyone start shooting at you, assuming you had a mask on. It was common knowledge that if your teammate was caught with frozen balls midround, you turned around and shot the fuck out of him.

only kicked out?

my old place (and this probably isn't legal) would have everyone start shooting at you, assuming you had a mask on. It was common knowledge that if your teammate was caught with frozen balls midround, you turned around and shot the fuck out of him.

You have to wear a mask at all times while on the actual field (not resting area) you would not believe the idiots that could not follow this simple rule, there is a 3 strike rule in this. If I have to tell you 3 times then you're done playing for the day one day 2 fat mexican ladies came in with a fucking baby in a stroller while we were playing the last game of the day and I was reffing, I don't them to leave and they didn't understand a word I said so I had to use like getto hand signals to get the fuck out of the way of paintballs travelling at 285fps without masks on. Dipshits man

You have to wear a mask at all times while on the actual field (not resting area) you would not believe the idiots that could not follow this simple rule, there is a 3 strike rule in this. If I have to tell you 3 times then you're done playing for the day one day 2 fat mexican ladies came in with a fucking baby in a stroller while we were playing the last game of the day and I was reffing, I don't them to leave and they didn't understand a word I said so I had to use like getto hand signals to get the fuck out of the way of paintballs travelling at 285fps without masks on. Dipshits man

Read 285 feet per second as frames per second.

Brought a whole new meaning to that anecdote.

Relevancy; never played either myself. My brother, who though intelligent lacks common sense, is going to play paintball tomorrow and has no idea what he's getting into. He was like "Yeah, the groupon code was only 10$ for the gear and 100 rounds. That'll last me awhile."

Edited by TurtleFrenzy

Read 285 feet per second as frames per second.

Brought a whole new meaning to that anecdote.

Relevancy; never played either myself. My brother, who though intelligent lacks common sense, is going to play paintball tomorrow and has no idea what he's getting into. He was like "Yeah, the groupon code was only 10$ for the gear and 100 rounds. That'll last me awhile."

100 rounds in a rental paintball gun, which is usually a tippmann 98 will last like 2 games max haha

100 rounds in a rental paintball gun, which is usually a tippmann 98 will last like 2 games max haha

With an Ego, that would be like five seconds of gameplay if you're fast on the trigger.

Playing airsoft with friends is all good fun imo. But yes, playing walk-ins in big group fighting just devolves into a cheaters paradise. I will occasionally still play with friends in the woods, but after the 250th time of hitting some kid in the leg because he's behind shit cover, and having him brush it off, airsoft gets old.

Another airsoft advantage is that it's way cheaper for a decent/starting setup, and BB's are WAY cheaper than paint. I could spend like $60-80 a day for paint alone, whereas $20 is enough for like 2 sessions of BB's. A n ice paintball gun will put you into the 700-1000 range, where you can get a pretty decent airsoft setup starting at like 300-400.

P.S. IF you're looking for a nicely priced entry level gun that won't shit out on you after 3-6 months, drop just a little more and get one of the KWA M4 series. Super solid from the factory, probably the best factory guns. The KWA's take the V2 gearboxs nicely, and are super easy to go back and upgrade, parts galore.

Edited by DrKhanMD

With an Ego, that would be like five seconds of gameplay if you're fast on the trigger.

I've owned a tippmann a5, G3, Etek 3, bob long Vice, Bob Long G6R, and a Bob Long Victory (still own it, sexy as fuck). You might be a little new because egos aren't the only guns by far that shoot fast from walking the trigger. Back when I was competitive I was around 15 BPS semi but tournaments are ramp mode with 12.5 bps max. We gave 100 free rounds to everyone that bought the group pack (like a family event with 5+ people) and they would always come back a couple games and have me ring up a case for them. 

Playing airsoft with friends is all good fun imo. But yes, playing walk-ins in big group fighting just devolves into a cheaters paradise. I will occasionally still play with friends in the woods, but after the 250th time of hitting some kid in the leg because he's behind shit cover, and having him brush it off, airsoft gets old.

Another airsoft advantage is that it's way cheaper for a decent/starting setup, and BB's are WAY cheaper than paint. I could spend like $60-80 a day for paint alone, whereas $20 is enough for like 2 sessions of BB's. A n ice paintball gun will put you into the 700-1000 range, where you can get a pretty decent airsoft setup starting at like 300-400.

P.S. IF you're looking for a nicely priced entry level gun that won't shit out on you after 3-6 months, drop just a little more and get one of the KWA M4 series. Super solid from the factory, probably the best factory guns. The KWA's take the V2 gearboxs nicely, and are super easy to go back and upgrade, parts galore.

Airsoft does have it's advantages, cheaper, ect. A decent paintball gun will actually range from 300-500. You can get a invert mini for $300 which isnt a bad gun, I repaired them every once and awhile. 60-80 for a case has to be some high grade shit haha, tournament grade paint is around 60-70 but recreational paint is about 40-55. If you want to get a full setup for paintball it does run a good amount, $300 for a gun, $150 for a decent pair of pants and jersey (you don't need a jersey but pants are crucial for sliding into bunkers), $100 for a hopper (thing that feeds the paintballs into a marker) $150 for a good tank, and $100 for a mask. all around $800 for a full setup if you're going to play all the time, if you're going to play like once or twice a year don't waste your money. Paintball is fun for some people, airsoft is fun for some people. It just depends on the type of person you are, paintball for badasses and airsoft for soft taco vaginas.

I've only played airsoft once, and it was pretty boring since it was only 3 of us, in a small CQB area. I think if it was outside, in a larger urban area it would actually be a lot of fun. I found that airsoft hurt a lot more then paintballing, and I was just paintballing yesterday. My only issue with paintballing is half the time the paintballs go no where near where you're aiming, and it gets pretty frustrating.