Sign in to follow this  
Necrophenia

CS:S Zombie Mod

So seeing as the CS:S WCS server is kinda gathering dust is it possible to turn it into a zombie mod server or something? I don't know if there if there are any plans for it at the moment but its just an Idea and it would be nice to see it back.

First off, No. Trying to compete with all of the other css ZM servers would be horrible, it could be comparable to our battlefield server and that did terribly.  If we do this it will not do well.

Edited by fps_trucka

Knockback sucks on csgo. Barricading would be futile.

It's like the player models are bigger, fatter and heavier than css

Edited by velo

Its funny cuz i've been thinking of back when we had the regular zombie server with the barricades. That was a lot of fun, I would love to see a CSGO regular zombie server. I think it would do better than the zombie escape server is doing right now.

Its funny cuz i've been thinking of back when we had the regular zombie server with the barricades. That was a lot of fun, I would love to see a CSGO regular zombie server. I think it would do better than the zombie escape server is doing right now.

I agree but unfortunately the knock back is so shit it wouldn't be anything like the old mod.

I'd love a zm/wcs server though on cs:s would be unique and they used to be extremely popular...don't know if it'd be the same now as most have migrated over to CS:GO.

Trucka is there no way of modifying the knock back within the mod itself or would it require an entire rewrite? 

can we have an event for like, just for a short time period, we have a CSS zm/ze created. I guess like a throwback ze event. however, we just had a ze event so it may not happen

Nope. Hybrid servers do not do well because ZM players leave when it is switched to ZE and ZE players leave when it is ZM. The reason I never made a ZM server is the amount of support it would get was non-existent and it would be doing worse than ZE.

I agree but unfortunately the knock back is so shit it wouldn't be anything like the old mod.

I'd love a zm/wcs server though on cs:s would be unique and they used to be extremely popular...don't know if it'd be the same now as most have migrated over to CS:GO.

Trucka is there no way of modifying the knock back within the mod itself or would it require an entire rewrite? 

Knockback can be tweaked to a certain point, but ZR (the zombie plugin) is not supported for CSGO that is why some aspects of it are not as smooth as they were in CSS.

Nope. Hybrid servers do not do well because ZM players leave when it is switched to ZE and ZE players leave when it is ZM. The reason I never made a ZM server is the amount of support it would get was non-existent and it would be doing worse than ZE.

Knockback can be tweaked to a certain point, but ZR (the zombie plugin) is not supported for CSGO that is why some aspects of it are not as smooth as they were in CSS.

I'm surprised there still isn't a supported plugin for ZM on CSGO as of yet, considering how popular the mod was back in Source...

Would it be a stretch to say a decent plugin could be written to counter these aspects to create a smoother mod, or is that a little bit too large a request? 

Also, as I've not ventured onto a ZM server on GO, which aspects are missing that cause this? Out of curiosity. 

I'm surprised there still isn't a supported plugin for ZM on CSGO as of yet, considering how popular the mod was back in Source...

Would it be a stretch to say a decent plugin could be written to counter these aspects to create a smoother mod, or is that a little bit too large a request? 

Also, as I've not ventured onto a ZM server on GO, which aspects are missing that cause this? Out of curiosity. 

It's because of the knockback. In CSGO whenever your player entity collides with an object such as the ground the knockback is canceled out. This was not the case in CSS. In ZE the solution was to have the player fly up in the air a little bit so they didn't immediately collide with the ground. Couple that with the problem that moveable physics objects just aren't the same in CSGO there has been no desire to try and make ZM work how it should.

I thought they fixed the Zombie Mod (not reloaded) plug in on CSS.. I hope they put out the effort to fix it for GO.