Feedback on my Hard work, plz

Destin

Your attitude shows that you are not ready to have a responsibility 
if I could do something, I will remove you as SO 

you have a high rank here at Syndicate gamers 

everyone can see and read what you write 

what about growing up

you say We no longer Require your services pls go awayd 

can you tell me what you do for our clan? 

nothing, you just love to have your SO position and free admin 

I try to do a lot for our clan, and has done a good job since 2009 

I try to help sG become better, 
advertise sG come up with good ideas 
and do my job as SO and Admin

I mean, it was obviously not a serious post at first.

But most importantly, I feel like you should learn to take criticism. Hard work might not be good work, and good work might not be hard work. Yeh, he was being cheeky, but this is the internet; It's gonna happen.

I mean, it was obviously not a serious post at first.

But most importantly, I feel like you should learn to take criticism. Hard work might not be good work, and good work might not be hard work. Yeh, he was being cheeky, but this is the internet; It's gonna happen.

This^

The amount of shit people have given me about my photoshop work...I welcome a bit of critique, it's the only way you improve areas that need improving on. 

EDIT: Could you also post your graphics work in the graphics department from now on, it needs some extra posts in it, 

Edited by Rayne

I think all this pressure of trying to suck up for a staff position is getting a little stressful for you, I don't think he was being serious on his first post dude...take your own advice highlighted for this particular response FF. 

""I think all this pressure of trying to suck up for a staff position is getting a little stressful for you""". wtf?

wil you plz shut up, it's only shit that comes out of your mouth

every time you write.

and yesterday you said sorry to me and Skotti because you were a dick

and just write shit on our posts

Edited by Firefighter_DK

""I think all this pressure of trying to suck up for a staff position is getting a little stressful for you""". wtf?

wil you plz shut up, it's only shit that comes out of your mouth

every time you write.

and yesterday you said sorry to me and Skotti because you were a dick

and just write shit on our posts

Dude...stop kicking off at people, I'm not writing shit, I was serious. Stop reacting to so many people, you're getting as bad as I am...If you don't want people to write stuff about your work, whether it be negative or not...you shouldn't be posting it. 

EDIT: In regards to my 'sucking up' comment, it wasn't an insult...at all, half the time sucking up to superiors is the only way to get a promotion. Stop taking everything that everybody says to heart...if you want to be in a staff position you can't keep over reacting to negative posts...else you get butt fucked.

Edited by Rayne

Dude...stop kicking off at people, I'm not writing shit, I was serious. Stop reacting to so many people, you're getting as bad as I am...If you don't want people to write stuff about your work, whether it be negative or not...you shouldn't be posting it. 

EDIT: In regards to my 'sucking up' comment, it wasn't an insult...at all, half the time sucking up to superiors is the only way to get a promotion. Stop taking everything that everybody says to heart...if you want to be in a staff position you can't keep over reacting to negative posts...else you get butt fucked.

Drink a cup of tea and eat a biscuit

If you want serious suggestions, I'll try to give some assuming you want feedback on the banner.

Before creating anymore, look for basic design guidelines such as things like the rule of thirds, point of interest, what colours mean and the basic principals of colour. These will help you create and design things in the future by even knowing just the basics of it. In addition, look for modern examples of logos, movie posters, etc and study their design. Why were they like that? Why were the elements in the poster laid out like how it was? You want to ask yourself these questions because there was a designer behind it, and the things are there for a reason.

Now, looking back to your banner I can see from a quick glance that there are major improvements that can be made. First of all, everything is askew/tilted/in an angle. You shouldn't do this. The point of creating things askew is to lead the viewers eyes to a specific point of the image. By having everything askew to have no point of interest, you're just defeating the point of it and not using askew elements to its advantage. What I suggest is to make everything flat. The Teletubbies picture should go right in the middle. I'm not sure what that skull is the top right but I suggest getting rid of that altogether as it's too busy and doesn't seem to have a point other than "Zombie server! horror elements! skulls!". The font also needs to be set back to normal and facing the front and not be in an angle.

Secondly, the font you used is just bad. Don't use 3D for fonts unless it's really needed. This isn't the 90s anymore so using 3D elements like what you did will make it look amateur and look like WordArt (the special font tool that everyone used in the 90s/early 2000s in Microsoft Word that is pretty much taboo now unless it's for joke purposes).

The font-family used is important as well. Stick to one type and use ones that aren't busy. Some like Arial, Helvetica, etc are prime examples of good fonts to use. You may think that the use of these fonts are boring and in many cases, yes. But the font you used, especially for your name, just screams out "look at me, I'm edgy" which isn't the point. You want to choose a font that doesn't offend the viewer and plus, the main idea of font is so it's readable. By using a simple font, the viewer can just read it, and move on.

Thirdly, the use of colour is very important. Don't use too many colours. You sort of did that by making everything dark but everything blends in together which is a bit bad. You can also use brighter colours to lead viewers eyes to a point to get their interest on it. Don't use too many colours (I'm mainly try to stick to around 4-ish) or risk your image being too busy.

Fourth, size is important. By making certain elements larger, you draw their attention to it or you can make it smaller because it's unimportant. By your banner, your name is one of the largest elements there. Why? Are you the event? What is "Firefighter"? Who is "Firefighter"? Is this a Firefighter event or Teletubbbies event? You should make elements like that smaller or not stand out much as the event name.

Let's take an example of what I think looks like a decent looking banner:

MpJMeLX.jpg

Take a look at it and what are your eyes drawn to first? It's the face of the monster and the man on top of it (or even the title). Why? The usage of colour and contrast is why. By having the monster dark and the background white, there's a clear contrast between the two and makes the two elements stand out. The eyes being a totally different colour to

something brighter is also what makes your eyes drawn to that point. You use certain colours to "trick" the viewer to things on the image.

You may also notice the usage of font. Although there are serveral types of fonts being used its easily readable, flat, and not askew. The usage of colour for the "Shadow of the Colossus" title is also a different color from the rest. Why? to make it stand out more. It's the title so it's important -- especially since this is a mock-up of a movie poster. You don't want to see the caption or an actor in larger letters or neon green. People will get confused what it's called. Is it called "Brad Pitt?" or what.

Notice the size of the different elements too. The monster is huge, the title is large, the cast is small and the captions are small. They're made this way so that certain things are put on to the spotlight more than others. The monster is huge because that's what the movie is probably about. The man on top of the monster is small to show the difference in size between the two.

Anyway, there are so many things you can do to fix your banner. I suggest reading on basic design guidelines, learn from it and take my suggestions. You can do much better.

tl;dr - The banner needs major redoing.

Edited by Dickbutt

Drink a cup of tea and eat a biscuit

I forgive your outburst, I do not forgive your poor attempt at British humor after your poor attempt at a Brit'cent on ZE...you sir have a shit voice for impersonations. 

If you want serious suggestions, I'll try to give some assuming you want feedback on the banner.

Before creating anymore, look for basic design guidelines such as things like the rule of thirds, point of interest, what colours mean and the basic principals of colour. These will help you create and design things in the future by even knowing just the basics of it. In addition, look for modern examples of logos, movie posters, etc and study their design. Why were they like that? Why were the elements in the poster laid out like how it was? You want to ask yourself these questions because there was a designer behind it, and the things are there for a reason.

Now, looking back to your banner I can see from a quick glance that there are major improvements that can be made. First of all, everything is askew/tilted/in an angle. You shouldn't do this. The point of creating things askew is to lead the viewers eyes to a specific point of the image. By having everything askew to have no point of interest, you're just defeating the point of it and not using askew elements to its advantage. What I suggest is to make everything flat. The Teletubbies picture should go right in the middle. I'm not sure what that skull is the top right but I suggest getting rid of that altogether as it's too busy and doesn't seem to have a point other than "Zombie server! horror elements! skulls!". The font also needs to be set back to normal and facing the front and not be in an angle.

Secondly, the font you used is just bad. Don't use 3D for fonts unless it's really needed. This isn't the 90s anymore so using 3D elements like what you did will make it look amateur and look like WordArt (the special font tool that everyone used in the 90s/early 2000s in Microsoft Word that is pretty much taboo now unless it's for joke purposes).

The font-family used is important as well. Stick to one type and use ones that aren't busy. Some like Arial, Helvetica, etc are prime examples of good fonts to use. You may think that the use of these fonts are boring and in many cases, yes. But the font you used, especially for your name, just screams out "look at me, I'm edgy" which isn't the point. You want to choose a font that doesn't offend the viewer and plus, the main idea of font is so it's readable. By using a simple font, the viewer can just read it, and move on.

Thirdly, the use of colour is very important. Don't use too many colours. You sort of did that by making everything dark but everything blends in together which is a bit bad. You can also use brighter colours to lead viewers eyes to a point to get their interest on it. Don't use too many colours (I'm mainly try to stick to around 4-ish) or risk your image being too busy.

Fourth, size is important. By making certain elements larger, you draw their attention to it or you can make it smaller because it's unimportant. By your banner, your name is one of the largest elements there. Why? Are you the event? What is "Firefighter"? Who is "Firefighter"? Is this a Firefighter event or Teletubbbies event? You should make elements like that smaller or not stand out much as the event name.

Let's take an example of what I think looks like a decent looking banner:

MpJMeLX.jpg

Take a look at it and what are your eyes drawn to first? It's the face of the monster and the man on top of it. Why? The usage of colour and contrast is why. By having the monster dark and the background white, there's a clear contrast between the two and makes the two elements stand out. The eyes being a totally different colour to

something brighter is also what makes your eyes drawn to that point. You use certain colours to "trick" the viewer to things on the image.

You may also notice the usage of font. Although there are serveral types of fonts being used its easily readable, flat, and not askew. The usage of colour for the "Shadow of the Colossus" title is also a different color from the rest. Why? to make it stand out more. It's the title so it's important -- especially since this is a mock-up of a movie poster. You don't want to see the caption or an actor in larger letters or neon green. People will get confused what it's called. Is it called "Brad Pitt?" or what.

Notice the size of the different elements too. The monster is huge, the title is large, the cast is small and the captions are small. They're made this way so that certain things are put on to the spotlight more than others. The monster is huge because that's what the movie is probably about. The man on top of the monster is small to show the difference in size between the two.

Anyway, there are so many things you can do to fix your banner. I suggest reading on basic design guidelines, learn from it and take my suggestions. You can do much better.

tl;dr - The banner needs major redoing.

10/10 for this feedback many times thanks I can use it

10/10 for this feedback many times thanks I can use it

I'd also be more than happy to help you make something if you swing to photoshop for your creations. 

@Dickbutt, love the ideas there, need you to draw a picture for me that I can create something out of soon.

Edited by Rayne

Can we get a talk shit sub forum. You know so people can settle stuff with calling people new fags and and tea drinkers And fat Americans it seems pretty sound to me.