Sign in to follow this  
Rayne

Do we want a zombie server?

Zombie Server?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should we invest in a ZombieMod server.

well, i type a long thing and hit the back button.. blah

anyway, before you bitch about how staff uses their time, step up. You want a zm server? go do some homework. research mods and which is the best to use. get a feel in the community for how many people would play. Find out what needs to be done to set it up. VOLUNTEER to do it. 

I made wcs because i thought it would be fun, others are enjoying it even though i told them no old levels, no old races, and no current engineer is assigned. that makes me feel good about spending my time engineering for SG for FREE. i do it because i enjoy it. consider this when you say things like

others have found it necessary to start going off on all different tangents of server ideas...

this is a tip for everyone, when you want to complain about something, provide relevant feedback with it, make it meaningful. do you know how many people just whine because they're whiners? do you think we read it or care? typically no. but if you can manage to be mature about things and provide good meaningful information, 1) it helps us help you 2) it points out problems in a positive way 3) it makes you look like a non-douche.

example.

• you wasted your time building wcs because it's max population has been 6 players, there is no staff assigned to it, and the races are terrible. I propose that we discard the wcs mod and use X zombie mod plugin on the server which does x, y, and z but has a, b, and c problems. It's very popular and i have W number of players who would like to play on it. I volunteer my time to do the research and possibly be the engineer for this server if approved.
  • I feel that the current wcs server lacking an engineer is a huge problem and makes the server look bad. I would like to volunteer my time to be the dedicated engineer on this server. I have done the following research which i feel will enable me to meet the demands of the community. The issues i would like to resolve first are the following, x, y, and z. 
  • I noticed that on the new wcs server there is a bug causing 1 shot kills in the left foot; i did some research and on this site found that this code is the cause. I did not find a bug fix in my research so i request it be removed. 

these are helpful. 

to shadow's post; the server doesn't have to be on the SSD. we have plenty of non-ssd space to use (i dont think our comp servers are even on the ssd, i could be wrong though)   I can gain us some additional space on the SSD if needed though.

In reference to regulars, this is very true and we saw it on the first day of wcs... we had randoms joining and dropping because only 2 people were on. Luckily, i didn't create the server with any expectations of a maxed out spot. i just did it for fun.

According to gametracker the most popular zm server is a chinese server. So if we were to make a zm server we might have a chance of making it big but as a few people have already said we need to put in a lot of effort to make it even remotely populated.

If zm were to come back how much would we need to donate to keep the server up?

I understand it wouldn't be an easy job, but imagine we were successful and could get the server back to the way it used to be.

I only made this poll because the amount of people who have talked about the old server...figured I may as well see what the rest of the community thought, even if it doesn't go anywhere. 

I also understand 90% of you never experienced the old UV zombie server, which is even more reason to revive it, WAS AMAZING FUN BALLS. 

Things change, we aren't Undead Vengeance anymore. We're Syndicate Gamers with a different generation of people now.  We have tried multiple times to revive the zombie mod and failed.  I'm going to vote no on this.

Edited by SOSBrigade

well, i type a long thing and hit the back button.. blah

anyway, before you bitch about how staff uses their time, step up. You want a zm server? go do some homework. research mods and which is the best to use. get a feel in the community for how many people would play. Find out what needs to be done to set it up. VOLUNTEER to do it. 

I made wcs because i thought it would be fun, others are enjoying it even though i told them no old levels, no old races, and no current engineer is assigned. that makes me feel good about spending my time engineering for SG for FREE. i do it because i enjoy it. consider this when you say things like

this is a tip for everyone, when you want to complain about something, provide relevant feedback with it, make it meaningful. do you know how many people just whine because they're whiners? do you think we read it or care? typically no. but if you can manage to be mature about things and provide good meaningful information, 1) it helps us help you 2) it points out problems in a positive way 3) it makes you look like a non-douche.

example.

• you wasted your time building wcs because it's max population has been 6 players, there is no staff assigned to it, and the races are terrible. I propose that we discard the wcs mod and use X zombie mod plugin on the server which does x, y, and z but has a, b, and c problems. It's very popular and i have W number of players who would like to play on it. I volunteer my time to do the research and possibly be the engineer for this server if approved.
  • I feel that the current wcs server lacking an engineer is a huge problem and makes the server look bad. I would like to volunteer my time to be the dedicated engineer on this server. I have done the following research which i feel will enable me to meet the demands of the community. The issues i would like to resolve first are the following, x, y, and z. 
  • I noticed that on the new wcs server there is a bug causing 1 shot kills in the left foot; i did some research and on this site found that this code is the cause. I did not find a bug fix in my research so i request it be removed. 

these are helpful. 

to shadow's post; the server doesn't have to be on the SSD. we have plenty of non-ssd space to use (i dont think our comp servers are even on the ssd, i could be wrong though)   I can gain us some additional space on the SSD if needed though.

In reference to regulars, this is very true and we saw it on the first day of wcs... we had randoms joining and dropping because only 2 people were on. Luckily, i didn't create the server with any expectations of a maxed out spot. i just did it for fun.

I didn't mean the section you quoted the way you took it dude, at all, I just meant because we'd had a thread talking about reviving the zombie mod and it got ignored. I wasn't aiming to bash anybody.

I'd be more than happy to contribute my time to fixing a server up, would take me longer than others but I'd do it, don't judge me by the community standards as a 'sit back, whine, complain and do nothing to help' because I've never been that guy, I'll always help where and if I can. 

I explained and spoke to Dunk on steam yesterday, also is relative to SOS's post.

I'm still having a hard time adjusting to the way things are around here now, a four year gap is a long time and sometimes I just want things back the way they were...I apologize if the way I go about things seem a little rash and harsh, it isn't my intention. I'm just struggling to let go, I'll embrace sG as I did UV, it just takes time and there are so many more people to get to know again.

I'll put my hands up and say I created this thread for my own reasons, I just miss the old days like mad and I don't want to be an adult anymore!

But yea, I hope this wasn't TL;DR and you guys can get a feel of where my attitude towards things are coming from.

I'm not going anywhere and I love this place, fuckers. 

It will never take off without classes and rpg elements

and I mean map by map rpg elements, not permanent changes like WCS

I remember a ZM server back on source that had RPG in it. We could increase our speed, jumps, knockback and so much more. It would definetly make us different than any of the other ZM servers on csgo if we added a RPG system to ZM.

I remember a ZM server back on source that had RPG in it. We could increase our speed, jumps, knockback and so much more. It would definetly make us different than any of the other ZM servers on csgo if we added a RPG system to ZM.

ZM RPG is actually really fun provided the mod is edited to cater for zombies. Could be worth an idea...my old community, we had a zombie wcs server and it was amazing, complicated to get the right races etc that fit with zombie, but it was full 24/7 and was really fun. 

"our attempts to populate/revive it worked."  clearly.  just like scoutzknivez, climb, deathrun, the last 10 minecraft servers, darkrp, cinema, and every other server that sg pines for and then abandons a week later, once they realize that they might have to put some effort in up front to get a population going.

contradicting me on late 2011 vs 2012 or 3 weeks instead of 1 really makes no difference, but you're oreo and i expect that.  your memory of the server having 18-20 people in it without sg assistance is just plain wrong. i don't know where you got all that other shit

you forgot about every battlefield server we ever had.

RIP my SO.

you forgot about every battlefield server we ever had.

RIP my SO.

This is why we are Vet's we have no need for SO admin. Admin on all servers ftw.