Sign in to follow this  
driz

WC3 Source (WCS) Poll

Is it worth the time  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a WCS (warcraft3 source) server with community (non-sg) races on it until an Engineer picks up working on it?

Trying to see if it's worth my time to toss one up with approved race packs from the wcs devs. Eventually we could start adding our own races, but to start i dont think anyone is on board with porting our old stuff. this would be brand new with no sg custom races to start.

no, you're just detracting from the war3 csgo server's pop (which is not maxed out often enough to warrant a new server) and css is outdated. its time to move on.

Fuck you, WCS was the best.

"It's time to move on", what is this malarkey.

Edited by Ryziou

no, you're just detracting from the war3 csgo server's pop (which is not maxed out often enough to warrant a new server) and css is outdated. its time to move on.

Fuck you, WCS was the best.

"It's time to move on", what is this malarkey.

to an extent, i agree with vexium. WCS was great, but launching another warcraft server when ours is only full for an hour or two on weekends is not a good idea. 

the players who dont want to buy/play csgo still won't, they'll just find a wcs server to play on.  some people's computers cant play csgo (sad, yes i know)

that being said, csgo is fucking horrible :)

i'll give this a little more time to see and then do something. Based on the number of people who were stalking minidude, i would say there is a desire.

that being said, it's 8 to 4 in favor at this moment.

that being said, csgo is fucking horrible :)

Completely agree.

to an extent, i agree with vexium. WCS was great, but launching another warcraft server when ours is only full for an hour or two on weekends is not a good idea. 

Pfft. I "might" have to agree with this but as Driz said, some people would rather play CSS than CSGO.

Speaking personally(long time WCS player) Fucking war3 is a fucking terrible compared to WCS even though they should be the same game and this falls simply on how CSGO handles differently form CSS. Id rather we have both servers wcs and war3 since like driz said some people simply refuse to buy csgo and we can still keep the community together some what.

Fucking CS:S hipsters. Get with the times. Play CS:GO and get on with it. Refuse to by it? It has been like 3$ so many times lol. I used to play WCS server 1 and 2 back in the day and don't ever plan on going back to CS:S.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Fucking CS:S hipsters. Get with the times. Play CS:GO and get on with it. Refuse to by it? It has been like 3$ so many times lol. I used to play WCS server 1 and 2 back in the day and don't ever plan on going back to CS:S. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

i dont plan on playing it either, i still think we should have it to cater to the community :)  The server is built, i just need my fellow engineers to assist me in getting it plugged into sourcebans, ogp, and a few other things. hopefully it'll be ready in the next week for open play.

server will be up in about 10 minutes; coincidentally, war3go is down for the next 10ish hours... so here ya go ;)

to clarify here; none of your old shit will work, nothing will be as you remember. i threw this together so you guys could play. we have no assigned engineer for the server.

if you guys whine, bitch, or complain, ill just delete it, don't test me.

all the races are community races from the dev of wcs. they are NOT sg races. you might never see an SG race on here. 

I love the idea but I (hate to admit) agree with Vex. If you're considering a new server put some resources into getting a zm server.

I'm one of the biggest nostalgia freaks around about cs:s and wcs, I don't think is a valid use of resources and time.

I love the idea but I (hate to admit) agree with Vex. If you're considering a new server put some resources into getting a zm server.

I'm one of the biggest nostalgia freaks around about cs:s and wcs, I don't think is a valid use of resources and time.

i already knew how to make css servers; never worked on zm; so the time/resources were better spent on something quick :D  but i do appreciate the feedback