Sign in to follow this  
Bob Ross Zombie

Why am I alway's getting FPS drops?

If anyone has spec'd me before in CS:GO you'd see I get A LOT of FPS drops. I laugh it off in JB and all but when comes down to trying to enjoy the game at times, it comes to be a nuisance. I can somehow run TF2 without trouble, but CS:GO just does this constantly.

Here's my specs:

Windows 7

HP Pavilion Notebook dv5

AMD Athlon 2 p340 (Dual 2.20 ghz)

Ram 4g (3.75 gb avail)

64 bit operating system

I run everything on the lowest settings possible, everything on windows is toned down to the most basic (Yet cosmetically pleasing) setting. My internet aint even that bad

3292775653.png

SINCE EVERYBODY HAS A HARDWARE HARDON AND DOESN'T SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING

It's a common problem with CS:GO. In War3, it's highly common for me to have my FPS drop to ~20 on max settings, even with my rig's specs instead of my usual 140+fps. I've experienced it in comp, but not nearly as often

SINCE EVERYBODY HAS A HARDWARE HARDON AND DOESN'T SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING

It's a common problem with CS:GO. In War3, it's highly common for me to have my FPS drop to ~20 on max settings, even with my rig's specs instead of my usual 140+fps. I've experienced it in comp, but not nearly as often

Well Mr. I NEG REP ANYONE I DON'T AGREE WITH, I changed my CPU minimum rate from 5% to 60%. Since I have been having far less FPS drops.

Well Mr. I NEG REP ANYONE (THAT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT), I changed my CPU minimum rate from 5% to 60%. Since I have been having far less FPS drops.

That can definitely affect it, but the problem is still largely on valve's end

I added the -2 threads, gave a very slight boost. But today I found the problem.

My screen on my laptop is cracked, so I have it HDMI to a TV. My Resolution was at 1270 x 720 or somewhere liker that. Which was giving me 12 fps MAX

I change the resolution to a 16:9 wide screen with a smaller resolution and I am at 40 fps! Better then before. gonna play some comp and give it a try

Even though your computer isn't the greatest, mofl is right. In comp I get between 300-400 fps. Very rarely in comp anymore do these fps drops happen to me anymore with some of valves past updates, but it's still a big issue in populated servers. I find that anything with 20+ people in it almost always I'll eventually start getting fps drops (like down to anywhere from 10-60) and restarting csgo eliminates the problem.

Have you gotten the cum out of your ethernet port yet?

on a more serious note amd isnt the best for producing frame rates and the integrated gpu will definitely not help

maybe try downloadmoreram.com brah