Sign in to follow this  
Behos

Trickster Assassin

shouldn't be allowed to shoot from behind structures where your player model is hidden.

It wasn't allowed in the css server, it shouldn't be allowed in the csgo one. Please get it in the rules.

It's unfair and everytime someone does it, a cat girl is brutally removed of her tail.

Isn't there a bug fixes / suggestions thread for war3?

It only covers war3 races suggestions as in ideas and shopmenu suggestions. Besides, it's not really a "bug" per say, it's just something that can't be helped since the race is forced to have the barrel skin. I would like to hear everyone's opinion on it, especially if they are similar to mine.

I agree, you've got the potential of being dead without even having a visible target. This rule should be continuously enforced in my opinion, and reported the same as freekillers on JB.  

Lies never was a rule in wcs what u gonna suggest next? lurker can't hide cause it's too invisible? :P

It was never an official rule, but admins would never let people do it because it is exploitation. Lurker you can see their gun, if a trickster is behind a box...you can't see or hit them and they can merk you off.

Woulda shoulda coulda be a rule. 

Naww u can't see a lurkers gun cause it goes into the box ;)

Edit and yeah not an official rule.. One of the made up admin rules that ppl seem so keen on creating :]

Edited by xmen

Look you, lurkers have 10hp haha! Plus, one of my favorite races as I love fucking people off...

Trickster sucks, admin abooose the fuck outta them. 

trickster is weak enough as is. man up and handle it.  besides, even if u did try to enforce this rule, trickster can do this with its own barrels. its infringing on the nature of the class.

trickster is weak enough as is. man up and handle it.  besides, even if u did try to enforce this rule, trickster can do this with its own barrels. its infringing on the nature of the class.

Doing it behind it's own barrels was always fine because at least you can see the barrels to shoot them...If a trickster is standing behind a crate, like T spawn side of the tunnels on de_dust, there is no way you could see them in time to have any chance of killing them...

I'm just speaking from past experience, when we used to admin the WC2 server, it wasn't allowed for this reason. 

I don't ever remember anyone enforcing this in wcs

It was more down to admin discretion as opposed to being a globally enforced rule. Don't think anybody cared enough to ask. 

It's annoying but pretty hard to abuse since there's really not that many places it matters, and if this happens to you multiple times you deserve to get shot. Trickster's pretty weak as is so I don't bother enforcing.

I remember being told not to do it in wcs and I remember very clearly avoiding doing it as well as a result.

Well if u have a gun that has penetration you can kill the barrel behind cover easily just fucking spray and pray 

If you can't see it due to the player model, how are you supossed to shoot at it? Horrible post.

Naww u can't see a lurkers gun cause it goes into the box ;)

Edit and yeah not an official rule.. One of the made up admin rules that ppl seem so keen on creating :]

With a lurker, he's still the default cs:go model, and so no matter if he's hiding behind a box, you can STILL shoot his head if he pops up and shoot, assuming you realize where he is. Besides, he has 10 hp so spraying him down a material that isn't concrete will kill him. Now for the trickster, he is another skin completely and so when he's shooting behind something that hides him fully, say the ramp T spawn doing into B tunnels on de_dust2, you cannot shoot back. He has 100+ hp plus damage reduction. You cannot compare it to the lurker. It's not about being able to see it or not, it's about being able to shoot it. Horrible post.

His own barrels cannot shoot, they are a single non-player entity. I have no idea where you were going with this. It being weak as an argument isn't an excuse to abuse mechanics and I'm flabbergasted that it's even brought up. Suggest to buff it if it bothers you that much, I'll even help you out there. Make it so whatever model you spawn as is similar to the barrel skin already in place in the map, I think that's how it worked in wcs, or at least I've seen it being done. That way you're not completely obvious. Add more damage reduction or attack skills if you think it's underwhelming. Horrible post.

The poor man has to use dualies. Isn't he suffering enough?

Horrible post.

It's annoying but pretty hard to abuse since there's really not that many places it matters, and if this happens to you multiple times you deserve to get shot. Trickster's pretty weak as is so I don't bother enforcing.

"If this happens to you multiple times you deserve to get shot"

This isn't a valid argument seeing as you cannot see them in the first place and so they can always change their positions for them to be able to pull such a trick, take de_dust2 on A site or de_stadium on A site, they are abusing mechanics on a possible objective site. Just like how it's restricted to mine a bombing site because it means you have to inevitably take damage if you want to plant or defuse, there is no way around a player model shooting you while you can't possibly shoot back.

Can't you all realize that none of your arguments make any logical sense? Why is it that only 1 person understands it? Please do something about it.

Edited by Lemon Chan

it should be allowed. you can still shoot them, because the player model is still "there". try to shoot above a barrels model and you will headshot them. i promise. try it. they are most likely going to go there every round, so prefire it. there isn't many spots that this happens on a single map, so definitely no rule needs to be made. you are using the race's quirks to your advantage. 

also, it was never a rule in wcs, no idea where you came up with that.

Edited by Sketchmaticx

it should be allowed. you can still shoot them, because the player model is still "there". try to shoot above a barrels model and you will headshot them. i promise. try it.

WIntergreen and I tested it 1 minute ago, you cannot shoot where his head should be while he can still shoot you. You can test it for yourself if you wish, but this is something that needs to be prohibited. You can do it on all kind of different maps, it's an unfair advantage that wasn't taken into account while coding the race and giving it its skin.

"they can always change their positions for them to be able to pull such a trick, take de_dust2 on A site or de_stadium on A site, they are abusing mechanics on a possible objective site. Just like how it's restricted to mine a bombing site because it means you have to inevitably take damage if you want to plant or defuse, there is no way around a player model shooting you while you can't possibly shoot back."

Edited by Lemon Chan

you can do it on a lot of maps, yes, but there usually isn't more than 2-3 spots you can do it.

i don't know how you guys tested it, but i've done it plenty of times. it might show that the barrel guy is crouching or something, but the model is still the same as someone not a barrel. 

you can do it on a lot of maps, yes, but there usually isn't more than 2-3 spots you can do it.

This isn't a valid argument! If you can do it to hinder the objectives of any of the teams in at least one instance(see: shooting from a bomb site, an objective the enemy team has to capture), then there shouldn't be any free pass for any spots!

i don't know how you guys tested it, but i've done it plenty of times. it might show that the barrel guy is crouching or something, but the model is still the same as someone not a barrel. 

We can test it right now if you want, we'll do the same thing

The fact that it was illegal by some admins and legal by others simply means some kid admin got mad at dying to it one day and said not to do it or get banned. It gets spread that it's illegal when it really isn't. Our motd, ancient as it is (eddy pls), has all the rules on it and any not on there aren't legit. So this entire time if an admin was enforcing this rule, it was borderline admin aboos as we aren't allowed to make up our own rules. Another example of a word of mouth illegal rule would be infected not being allowed to buy a defuse kit.

That being said, I can see why this is annoying. We tend to not allow things that are unfair in our servers, such as 100% invis/god defusing, objective warding, stuff like that. Trickster can see you and kill you in these areas where you can't see it, this is obviously unfair and the only reason to get around this in de_stadium is to either longjump or teleport yourself into the enemy team to get in a position to see it. My original stance on this topic was that it should be legal but after some thinking about it, it really shouldn't be allowed on our server which favors the  balance of fairness for both shooter and shootee.

Pls update the motd, based eddy.

there are plenty of ways to handle a trickster who is hiding like that. it's also pretty much impossible to enforce this rule, if you think about it. what, are you just going to outlaw certain locations/spots from trickster from using? makes literally no sense from a gameplay perspective - how do u know the person didnt just mistakenly end up there, without realizing he/she cannot be seen by the enemy? are u going to ghost and tell them whenever they are? just doesnt gel.

and again, since u completely misconstrued my point in attempt to lambast every person's remark, barrels spawned by trickster can be used to conceal the player-barrel. all the player needs to do is stand directly behind the barrel from enemy fire and he effectively cannot be shot unless the barrel in front goes down. if the player stands exactly against it, it will not fall and any shots fired from straight in front will not penetrate (the barrels are not wallbang-able).

thus to me this is a mechanic of the class and one of the reasons why it is viable. frankly without this feature it is an extremely weak class. it relies on having cover to dole out damage.

also, quit being such a fucking tool and calling other people's opinions horrible. yours is honestly the stupidest one here.

instead of nerfing trickster, how about we focus on Adventurer, Wizard, and Ranger, 3 classes which literally stand above all the rest because they are way too OP?

Edited by Vexium

if you think about it. what, are you just going to outlaw certain locations/spots from trickster from using?

Yes.

how do u know the person didnt just mistakenly end up there, without realizing he/she cannot be seen by the enemy? are u going to ghost and tell them whenever they are?

You are going to tell them that they cannot hide in a way that nobody else can shoot them from that point and they will be forced to move.

makes literally no sense from a gameplay perspective 

It does make sense, now what doesn't make sense is that from a gameplay perspective, this one barrel guy is able to shoot you while you cannot possibly shoot him back because of his model.

barrels spawned by trickster can be used to conceal the player-barrel. all the player needs to do is stand directly behind the barrel from enemy fire and he effectively cannot be shot unless the barrel in front goes down. if the player stands exactly against it, it will not fall and any shots fired from straight in front will not penetrate (the barrels are not wallbang-able).

That's fine, but it doesn't have anything to do with the problem at hand. You can shoot down those barrels. You cannot shoot down a ledge.

thus to me this is a mechanic of the class and one of the reasons why it is viable. frankly without this feature it is an extremely weak class. it relies on having cover to dole out damage.

It's a broken mechanic. It shouldn't really on broken mechanics to be at least average. Suggest a buffing thread about it if it bothers you that much,

also, quit being such a fucking tool and calling other people's opinions horrible. yours is honestly the stupidest one here.

And so is the opinion of two other people whom have brought solid arguments to the table, as oppossed to your side? Please.

instead of nerfing trickster, how about we focus on Adventurer, Wizard, and Ranger, 3 classes which literally stand above all the rest because they are way too OP?

This is a thread about Trickster Assassin, it will remain about Trickster Assassin. It will not be nerfed, on the contrary it should be buffed. Hiding behind material where you can't be seen AND shot isn't a viable gameplay mechanic.

You are retarded.

Edited by Lemon Chan