Sign in to follow this  
Ichalvl

For those of you who don't know about the speed boost you get from strafing up ladders...

With all of the sG people I've played with on nuke, none of you have ever strafed up the ladder to heaven. Bugs the shit outta me.

So here's a video on how to strafe up ladders, thus making you climb the ladder like 50-75% faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF1TGXY04S4

REALLY useful for a lot of maps.

The more you know!

Not that I'm pointing fingers or anything, but...

Randy learn to strafe faggot.

Edited by Ichalvl

Dude uh...strafe running, and strafe climbing and all types of strafes have been around since 1.6. I would be strafe running on zombie escape with a pistol in source and match the speed of the guy with a scout and people would accuse me of speed hacking.

Dude uh...strafe running, and strafe climbing and all types of strafes have been around since 1.6. I would be strafe running on zombie escape with a pistol in source and match the speed of the guy with a scout and people would accuse me of speed hacking.

strafe running doesnt work in csgo

strafe running doesnt work in csgo

He said source not GO. 

There was also wallrunning that allowed you to go much faster than strafe running and a scout. Shame that we cant strafe run in GO.

Hey, even I know this shit, and if I know it there's no excuse, because it's a well established fact that I am in fact the worst at counter strike ever.

With all of the sG people I've played with on nuke, none of you have ever strafed up the ladder to heaven.

Icha pls... It's the only thing I do to go up heaven... 

You can mess it up though. If you go too fast up the ladder you'll actually have a longer fall time to begin walking right off the top than if you just went up at normal speed. Strafe up 7/8 of the ladder, stop right before the end.

You can mess it up though. If you go too fast up the ladder you'll actually have a longer fall time to begin walking right off the top than if you just went up at normal speed. Strafe up 7/8 of the ladder, stop right before the end.

OR strafe up the ladder at top speed, shoot off the top, and commence air strafing to account for the lose in forward momentum from launching off the ladder.

You can crouch right at the very top and when you uncrouch you are stable on the ground. Pretty hard to get the timing right but it's the best way to get up ladders.