Sign in to follow this  
Ichalvl

Starbound game night, anyone?

I'm wanting to set up a night for sG to all pile into teamspeak and play Starbound.

If there's already small groups of you that play Starbound then I am not aware of these...

Anyways, I'm hoping that I could start up a server on my internet (It has enough bandwidth to handle a lot of people) and have as many sG people who are willing to come along join in on fresh characters, I'll add everyone to my party, we'll all port down onto one planet, and after that it'll just be a clusterfuck of mining, exploring, whatever. I can even turn on PvP after a while if everyone's getting antsy.

Hopefully, this could be Friday, December 20th or Saturday, December 21st. It would start around 5-6 PST and I have no fucking clue what time that is for you people in other timezones. 

So yeah, if anyone's interested in organizing this with me please hit me up and post in this thread. 

Apparently I'm the only person known to man who doesn't have a broken game...

Calling off the event until either more people don't have a broken game or the people who do have a broken game get their games fixed.

How in the hell is that elitist? My game is running fine, other people's games aren't. I'm calling off the event because I'm one of the lucky few that aren't experiencing big problems currently. 

lol fuck that, my planet wide base is finally complete and i don't plan on having to start a new character in some strange planet any time soon. 

Edited by SpartanSakaro

lol fuck that, my planet wide base is finally complete and i don't plan on having to start a new character in some strange planet any time soon.

The character wipes are going to be fun for you

Apparently I'm the only person known to man who doesn't have a broken game...

Nah, you're just dumb and can't realize how shitty the game is. My game runs fine, it's just that there's nothing to do. It's boring as shit, and the game is so user unfriendly that it makes me not want to even bother.

Nah, you're just dumb and can't realize how shitty the game is. My game runs fine, it's just that there's nothing to do. It's boring as shit, and the game is so user unfriendly that it makes me not want to even bother.

I'm too tired for this sarcasm shit

This game has so much shit to do I don't know what you're talking about

Doesn't it have bosses and different items and enemies to fight like terraria?

Yeah, it does. On the surface, the game is exactly like Terraria. It really should be fun, but it just isn't. It's partially because the game isn't finished yet, but at its core, it's just not as good of a game. I wish I knew exactly why, but I don't.

edit: All right, I just played it again to see if I could tell why it sucks. A lot of it is just because it's basically in an alpha state of completion. The game has huge balancing issues, and doing anything takes forever. Another problem is that the game is just butt ugly. It is possible to salvage, but I don't think it'll ever be a better game than Terraria.

Edited by Dojima

Yeah, it does. On the surface, the game is exactly like Terraria. It really should be fun, but it just isn't. It's partially because the game isn't finished yet, but at its core, it's just not as good of a game. I wish I knew exactly why, but I don't.

edit: All right, I just played it again to see if I could tell why it sucks. A lot of it is just because it's basically in an alpha state of completion. The game has huge balancing issues, and doing anything takes forever. Another problem is that the game is just butt ugly. It is possible to salvage, but I don't think it'll ever be a better game than Terraria.

Pretty much agree with most of what Dojima said here. I mean, it's to be expected, it is a beta after all. Luckily, there's still a ton of stuff in the works: http://playstarbound.com/the-future-of-starbound/

The game has huge potential to be as good or better than Terraria, but right now, it just isn't.

Also, I think I'll enjoy the game more when the quest/story line is complete. Gimme dat linearity.

Edit: I'd be down to play with some people if I have time on the day you guys set it up.

Edited by Jiyeon