Sign in to follow this  
Skotti

Find me a laptop

My grandma wants a laptop. Her budget is 700-1000.

Prefer HD resoulution, SSD is a plus, needs CD drive, and 14"+ screen or bigger.

What does she need the laptop for?

Hd makes a little sense....but why limit total storage on the laptop? It makes much more sense to get a laptop with a TB hard drive than to have one that boots up a little faster.

/>

Hd makes a little sense....but why limit total storage on the laptop? It makes much more sense to get a laptop with a TB hard drive than to have one that boots up a little faster.

Why would a grandma need a TB of hard drive space? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think she'll be downloading programs that take up a lot of space.

What granny needs ssd and hd resolution

Sent from my HTC Ville

my granny now back down son.

SSD is more impervious to damage cause no moving parts

Give her an 8gb cf card and a Linux thumb drive with some noob Linux like Ubuntu or something. Boom no hard drive needed :-D

Sent from my HTC Ville

I was an SSD hater too. Then I got an SSD for my laptop on black friday. IVE SEEN THE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but would you buy one for your mom to play the sims with :P or your grandma for tha matter

lol. I just needa basic laptop that can be somewhat impervious to the dangers of someone computer illiterate. She barely knows windows, anything Linux based is out of the question, and macbooks are too expensive.