Sign in to follow this  
Ika

cs_militia silos

Can we have a discussion about this spot? In WCS, this spot was illegal because you could see through textures. However, in csgo, there are no invisible textures. Clearly, this not a spot that was designed to be camped on. Further, since a terrorist can have full view of the entire CT spawn, it would be relatively easy to fly/tele onto the silos with sniper and pick off stragglers still in spawn, on T side. My view on this spot is that it should be illegal, and since there's really no clear-cut enforcement on the issue I'm going to continue enforcing this spot until staff/engies say FOR CERTAIN that this spot is 100% allowed and not illegal, given that you can see basically the entire map.

While we're talking about camping spots, what's the verdict on flying up in the dome inside tunnels on de_dust?

And while we're still talking about map-specific stuff, how about de_losttemple and being able to literally skate around the entire map a few feet above the walls? There's literally no invisible walls to stop kirin-tor from basically having complete map control. It's kind of a gray area regarding skywalking and I had no idea how to enforce it.

I would like clarification on this as well, granted you can't see through textures but you could throw off "map balance". Map balance is kind of a tricky thing to enforce on war3 due to the nature of the game.

Clarification would be nice.

Honestly the dome inside the tunnels should be illegal since you can't actually see them and they're practically in the wall, there are other times I find people teleporting onto a ledge which I'm not sure should be made possible, it looks like they're standing on an invisible texture, I'll take a look into it some more later.

I always consider silos illegal for lame positioning, textures weren't the concern plus I think you stand on an invisible texture up there anyway. de_dust dome... see it once the other team should pick up on it and look up... however standing the invisible textures probably not a good thing. For now, I say this one is grey, if it gets abusive I'd call it illegal.

Silos are illegal for now until a case is made for them not to be. the dome in dust is legal so long as you're not standing on invisible textures, if I get complaints that a few people do this (not just one bad apple) then it will become an illegal spot as well. 

GOD HAS SPOKEN

Silos are illegal for now until a case is made for them not to be. the dome in dust is legal so long as you're not standing on invisible textures, if I get complaints that a few people do this (not just one bad apple) then it will become an illegal spot as well. 

the dome in dust is legal so long as you're not standing on invisible textures

Wasn't the issue here about flying in the invisible textures? I'm not sure if there's anything to stand on up there -- just a few walls you could fly inside and hide in.

Wtf is up with your crosshair? :P

illegal, illegal, legal legal

Wtf is up with your crosshair? :P

Console command I told him to use to help out with the crappy default crosshairs. It adds a black border around the color and changes the thickness to your liking.

It's cl_crosshair_drawoutline 1 and cl_crosshair_outlinethickness 1-3 (Mess with the values between 1 through 3, I prefer 1)

illegal, illegal, legal legal

Legal (I can't tell if you are standing on invisible texture), Legal (Is this an invisible texture as well?), Legal Legal for me

Silos are the only ones that should be banned without a doubt.

sorry, i miss typed it, that first one is invisible texture, the second one you can pretty much walk onto it from the invisible texture spot