Sign in to follow this  
Jiyeon

Warmup round

Would it be possible to add a warmup round to give time for people to connect to the server and join a team to be able to play the first round? Could set cash to $0 during warmup so no one can buy any shopmenu items that carry over. Also not sure how races that spawn with guns would be restricted, but do it something similar to the first two round restriction so they dont spawn with it once the real rounds start. I dunno if any of this is possible, just throwing this idea out there because I personally enjoy pistol round and miss out on it many times and thought some others may have it the same.

Edited by Jiyeon

IIRC tried it before but there was some confliction with shop. As far as i'm aware, there's no way to disable warm-up money. Like, people buying tomes with the first 16k you get, is possible to control because you can disable tome exp if only one person is in the server. Obviously something similar wouldn't be possible because there would be multiple people playing during warm-up.

Then how about during the first round, respawns are supported for like, 15 seconds? At least make it so the first round isn't a retarded 1v1/2v2

I fixed buying any item in warmup, though. I think we would just have to extend the length of the warmup round (mp_warmuptime) from 5 seconds to something higher.

I fixed buying any item in warmup, though. I think we would just have to extend the length of the warmup round (mp_warmuptime) from 5 seconds to something higher.

Yeah.. 5 seconds is enough for 2 people to connect. Can we up it to at least like :45? I think that's a fair time for people to connect.

i think it would be easier to just do the following:

mp_join_grace_time 15 --> 30

or something. its usually only 15 seconds after the end of grace time that we have a lot of people who have joined and are still dead. i dont think 45 is necessary.

warmups are kinda dumb with war3 since you dont (shouldnt) get xp during them and then really whats the point, its not like its a competitive match.

also i believe these are ur current warmup values, correct me if im wrong:

mp_do_warmup_period 0
mp_warmuptime 0

and no there is no cvar to change warmup money. there may be a SM mod for it, but thorgot already fixed the issue anyway.

i think it would be easier to just do the following:

mp_join_grace_time 15 --> 30

or something. its usually only 15 seconds after the end of grace time that we have a lot of people who have joined and are still dead. i dont think 45 is necessary.

warmups are kinda dumb with war3 since you dont (shouldnt) get xp during them and then really whats the point, its not like its a competitive match.

also i believe these are ur current warmup values, correct me if im wrong:

mp_do_warmup_period 0

mp_warmuptime 0

and no there is no cvar to change warmup money. there may be a SM mod for it, but thorgot already fixed the issue anyway.

It's not a matter of whether or not warmups are dumb in war3 mod.. it's a matter of letting people connect to the server on map change to be able to play in pistol round.. it's almost like you didn't read my post.

I am fine with missing the first round. I just don't want something changed and then something else isn't quite right because of the warmup round.

?

wat

Warmup round is a separate round that just lets people connect and dick around before the game actually starts. It will literally have no effect on gameplay lol.

Why not just have it be a fun round, like in competitive? Everyone starts with $16000, since no shopmenu items can be bought, it's a deathmatch round where people continually spawn with spawn protection (2-3 seconds of invulnerability) and people get to dick around for 45 seconds.

It's not a matter of whether or not warmups are dumb in war3 mod.. it's a matter of letting people connect to the server on map change to be able to play in pistol round.. it's almost like you didn't read my post.

i did read it. increasing grace time increases the time period you're allowed to join and spawn in the round after the round has started.

But people spawning in after people have moled wouldn't be fun, would it?

i forgot about this. but fuck moles ლ(́ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°‵)ლ

how about we make a counter that respawns everyone after 15 seconds of map start? That's what I usually do when I'm in the server, just sm_respawn @all after a few seconds when i see its fairly full

how about we make a counter that respawns everyone after 15 seconds of map start? That's what I usually do when I'm in the server, just sm_respawn @all after a few seconds when i see its fairly full

Same for the most part.