Sign in to follow this  
Illogical

Syria giving up chemical weapons

http://news.yahoo.com/syria-positive-giving-chemical-weapons-160934250.html

Syria on Monday quickly welcomed a call from Russia, its close ally, to place Syrian chemical arsenals under international control, then destroy them to avert a U.S. strike, but did not offer a time frame or any other specifics.

I wouldnt believe the regime at this point. Assad would without a doubt keep enough hidden to use as a last resort if the rebels make a comeback, And hes probably just making this announcement to further turn the popular opinion against a strike on Syria and buy him time to finish of the rebellion.

I wouldnt believe the regime at this point. Assad would without a doubt keep enough hidden to use as a last resort if the rebels make a comeback, And hes probably just making this announcement to further turn the popular opinion against a strike on Syria and buy him time to finish of the rebellion.

Assad isn't finishing the civil war anytime soon. It's going to go on for a few more years unless he gets assassinated sometime in the next few months.

Assad isn't finishing the civil war anytime soon. It's going to go on for a few more years unless he gets assassinated sometime in the next few months.

The past few months he broke alot of the rebel groups backs. He has gained momentum lately in the main cities. The rebels have only been winning in the countryside and small towns. I mean the war will continue. But the next few months will decide who wins in the end. The rebels need some help like right now or the just wont have any chance of winning.

Edited by Ordinarygamer96

I want to believe it but in reality I doubt they will. If anyone who is actually following the civil war knows Assads regime has ties to Al-Qaeda and the rebels want to usurpe the regime and retake the country. I am hoping the rebels overcome the odds that are in play.

The past few months he broke alot of the rebel groups backs. He has gained momentum lately in the main cities. The rebels have only been winning in the countryside and small towns. I mean the war will continue. But the next few months will decide who wins in the end. The rebels need some help like right now or the just wont have any chance of winning.

Doesn't really matter when you're main cities are modern day stalingrads. The rebels will easily be able survive Assad for a long time, especially considering that the largest and fastest growing group of the rebels is Al-Nusra; AKA Al Qaeda. I'm pretty sure they're funded well enough and have enough leadership to continue a civil war for years if they want to, whether or not they have control of already destroyed cities means nothing.

Doesn't really matter when you're main cities are modern day stalingrads. The rebels will easily be able survive Assad for a long time, especially considering that the largest and fastest growing group of the rebels is Al-Nusra; AKA Al Qaeda. I'm pretty sure they're funded well enough and have enough leadership to continue a civil war for years if they want to, whether or not they have control of already destroyed cities means nothing.

Conclusion: U.S. will have to help Al Qaeda to stop the "chemical weapons threat"? :>

Conclusion: U.S. will have to help Al Qaeda to stop the "chemical weapons threat"? :>

Why are you putting "Chemical weapons threat" into parantheses? It's not an imaginary thing, it's being used by both sides in the civil war on the opposition and civilians. Anyway, Obama is quite possibly one of the most embarrassing presidents of our time. This blows the embassy with Carter in the 80's out of the water, it's much much worse. He has no footing in international politics and has little respect from other countries. Either way, he got called out by not only the people but his own party, which the majority of refuse to support him bombing anything close to Syria. If he's smart he would've just gone to the U.N. and asked for sanctions or action through them, not tell Assad "Hey look, we're planning on bombing you but we're going to take about four weeks before we'll even start considering taking action. Move your stockpiles while you can!" and make an idiot of himself by backtracking from his own blatant threats.

Conclusion; Nothing will happen, war will rage on and people will die.

So it goes.

So basiclly we just got out of war with al qaeda and we are now about to fight along side with the damn people who bombed us and killed thousands of are civilians? Today is 9/11 the day that they killed THOUSANDS of am ericans how the fuck do we know al qaeda wont turn on us they are tterriost they dont listen to treatys they are DAMED TERRIOST #IMPEACHOBAMA2013 I love my country I dont like the govrrment but I love my coutry #patriotism

So basiclly we just got out of war with al qaeda and we are now about to fight along side with the damn people who bombed us and killed thousands of are civilians? Today is 9/11 the day that they killed THOUSANDS of am ericans how the fuck do we know al qaeda wont turn on us they are tterriost they dont listen to treatys they are DAMED TERRIOST #IMPEACHOBAMA2013 I love my country I dont like the govrrment but I love my coutry #patriotism

Are you actually retarded?

What the fuck did I just read. I don't care if you ever claim you were joking, you have officially black listed yourself in my eyes. #idiot #hillbilly

. If he's smart he would've just gone to the U.N. and asked for sanctions or action through them, not tell Assad "Hey look, we're planning on bombing you but we're going to take about four weeks before we'll even start considering taking action.

Except Russia will be there every step of the way blocking anything against Syria through the U.N.

@pstan that is actually what happened. Every time the security councel of the UN was called the permanent seats belonging to china, us, France, Russia & uk would propose actions and sanctions and Russia would vote no every time. Way it works if 1 permanent seat votes no doesn't matter how many yes votes it already had.

I had fun reading this out loud.

I had fun reading this out loud.

read it in a cloyd rivers voice sounds funnier

I had no mEdZ tht dey learned to stay away from forums when no medicine

He has no footing in international politics and has little respect from other countries. Either way, he got called out by not only the people but his own party, which the majority of refuse to support him bombing anything close to Syria. If he's smart he would've just gone to the U.N. and asked for sanctions or action through them,

He did go to the UN and each one of them refused to sanction an attack. I wouldn't say it was anything Carter level considering he actually hasn't done anything yet other than threaten and make himself look a bit foolish on national television. Now he's trying to cover his ass by saying a diplomatic solution is really what he wanted, ha. In a few months I doubt anything will happen and 90% of the population will forget everything about what he said considering they knew in the first place.

/> />/>ITT: morons who just learned what Syria was last week.

That would be a valid reason if y'know, Syria hadn't been all over the news since the arab spring,

Tl;dr

That was a really shitty attempt at appearing witty

Except Russia will be there every step of the way blocking anything against Syria through the U.N.

He did go to the UN and each one of them refused to sanction an attack. I wouldn't say it was anything Carter level considering he actually hasn't done anything yet other than threaten and make himself look a bit foolish on national television. Now he's trying to cover his ass by saying a diplomatic solution is really what he wanted, ha. In a few months I doubt anything will happen and 90% of the population will forget everything about what he said considering they knew in the first place.

Meant to respond to this earlier but haven't been able to the past few days;

You both make valid points, Russia has been the main factor in preventing any UN action taking place. However, you have to think of this in the long term and how the events would've affected Russia's stance. Take out US involvement over the past few weeks, and you have a major blow to Russia's pro-Syria stance. Pressure would've been on Russia and possibly either damaged their reputation and/or forced them into accepting some sort of low level sanction. The US stepping in like it did and blundering has given Russia a chance to swoop in and capitalize on it. You have to remember that Russia and China are both vying for our spot in geopolitics and that these events have dealt us another harsh blow in our stance on the middle east. We appeared aggressive, foolish and weak by tucking our tail and turning around from our already overaggressive stance. We barked and half way through it turned into a weak squeal, we didn't even attempt to bite. Russia has already openly mocked us through social media and even our own press conference that they attended and now they're attempting to take the lead at nuclear talks with Iran. It was exactly what we didn't want and it is possibly one of the worst outcomes of our actions.

Edited by Oreo