Sign in to follow this  
MOFLSTOMP

There's one in every circle of friends

I try to explain this to people who blindly say Mac is better.
I don't pick sides either way, I just like people I associate with to know why Macs have less issues than windows machines.

Also I like when people way their consoles are so much better than computers because they are faster......  If you were doing 50 things at once, wouldn't you be slower than just one or two?

Wtf my name is Steven and yours is Steve. Mofl and ROFL... Wtf is this

Please see your app for more clarification on the fact that this has been known since day 1. :P

Well said. The thing has impresses me the most when it comes to Microsoft's variety of things to support is the effort they have put into making Windows backwards-compatible. It's truly astounding. 

Example from http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/APIWar.html

I first heard about this from one of the developers of the hit game SimCity, who told me that there was a critical bug in his application: it used memory right after freeing it, a major no-no that happened to work OK on DOS but would not work under Windows where memory that is freed is likely to be snatched up by another running application right away. The testers on the Windows team were going through various popular applications, testing them to make sure they worked OK, but SimCity kept crashing. They reported this to the Windows developers, who disassembled SimCity, stepped through it in a debugger, found the bug, and added special code that checked if SimCity was running, and if it did, ran the memory allocator in a special mode in which you could still use memory after freeing it.

This was not an unusual case. The Windows testing team is huge and one of their most important responsibilities is guaranteeing that everyone can safely upgrade their operating system, no matter what applications they have installed, and those applications will continue to run, even if those applications do bad things or use undocumented functions or rely on buggy behavior that happens to be buggy in Windows n but is no longer buggy in Windows n+1. In fact if you poke around in the AppCompatibility section of your registry you'll see a whole list of applications that Windows treats specially, emulating various old bugs and quirky behaviors so they'll continue to work. Raymond Chen writes, "I get particularly furious when people accuse Microsoft of maliciously breaking applications during OS upgrades. If any application failed to run on Windows 95, I took it as a personal failure. I spent many sleepless nights fixing bugs in third-party programs just so they could keep running on Windows 95."

It's worse for me. Try your entire dorm section. Literally my entire building is macfags. I've converted my roomie though, so at least I'm safe in my room.

I'm so sorry

Literally, I get ripped on for having a Sager laptop and a Galaxy S3. Nearly everyone at MSU has a macbook pro and an iPhone as well.

Run a benchmark, and tell them to do the same thing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

And then go spend the same amount building a PC that they spent on their macbook pro that they use as a desktop.

You could prob get two 7970s, or 780s plus that fancy i7-4770K.

And laugh. Laugh in their idiotic faces.

I don't think most people are concerned with squeezing every cycle out of their processor. The idea of showing benchmarks to someone that can do 95% of their work from a browser alone is silly. (although I feel like most students would be well served with something like a chromebook)

Now, if they're gaming on it .. well, maybe they should realize that's not a very cost-effective decision. Regardless, hardware is cheap. You may be able to get it for half the price - but for the price the sheer amount of computing power/code you're running is incredible.

Edited by splewis

I don't think most people are concerned with squeezing every cycle out of there processor. The idea of showing benchmarks to someone that can do 95% of their work from a browser alone is silly. (although I feel like most students would be well served with something like a chromebook)

Now, if they're gaming on it .. well, maybe they should realize that's not a very cost-effective decision. Regardless, hardware is cheap. You may be able to get it for half the price - but for the price the sheer amount of computing power/code you're running is incredible.

1/60

[Community] (+1): Moflstomp.mp3

Nah, the only benchmark I do with them is, "Drop your phone, I guarantee the screen shatters." I've never been beaten on that test.

Coincidentally, I've had to fix all of my friends' macbooks at one time or another.  

Edited by Prok: The Omniscient Prak

hmm.. .. . .. . Dont have one of those friends.. my friend are "Smart".

Okay obv. Linux #1 but -- 

Every OS has its Advantages and Disadvantages, and depending on what you want, will depend on which OS is the "best".

Most people will say Windows is the best, and I would agree with an extent. If you are a Gamer, General User, or just a complete retard at that, then yes. Windows is good for their Graphical Interface (there point and click), and so far its the best for gaming. (linux is good too dont get me wrong, but its complicated).

Macs are good for people who like to code, play 2 steam games (joke), type, and surf the internetz. I can really say much for a mac as I have never owned one.

Linux is good for just about anything. The only disadvantage I can think of is that it can become "Complicated" especially to new users. Other than that.. :)

-- Free.

-- Fully Customizable

-- Does anything

-- You ask 1 thing out of it, it gives you 1000 back :).

-- ITS FREE.

Linux is not difficult unless you're using the console. Start x and is the same shit as Windows. Hell I play all my source games on Linux for the extra fps

Sent from my HTC VLE_U

Linux is not difficult unless you're using the console. Start x and is the same shit as Windows. Hell I play all my source games on Linux for the extra fps

Sent from my HTC VLE_U

The problem isn't linux itself, it's the support from other companies. Shitty graphics driver support, shitty UEFI systems on laptops, etc.

I had a brief foray into trying to game on linux but... it didn't go well. The graphics driver problems got old very quickly. And the fact that the only distro anyone is willing to support is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS  was a pain. Since I've given up on that and stuck to work/study type things on linux and gaming on windows.

Ahhh uefi is my arch nemesis... Very true statements I've never used Ubuntu but Have heard horror stories about non mainstream graphics support. Sometimes the issues are ridiculous like providing a driver with no 3d support.... I'm lucky in that my graphics are supported so I have almost solely on Linux except for csgo because I love me some war 3 and wine has issues is it

Sent from my HTC VLE_U

Nah, the only benchmark I do with them is, "Drop your phone, I guarantee the screen shatters." I've never been beaten on that test.

Coincidentally, I've had to fix all of my friends' macbooks at one time or another.  

Should've set it up so they overheat faster.