Sign in to follow this  
Ethan

Newfags getting SO

Dude I've been around for like a few months I'm not new

I've been around over 4 years now - I still don't consider myself an old fag. You sir, are a newfag. 

On a serious note, I've seen the same, but you also have to realize those getting SO are ones that are logging a LOT more hours playing than some of us older members. What good does it do to have someone who averages 10-15 hours a week MAYBE, when we have other capable people that are on 30-40 hours at least...

Usually, server regulars who aren't in sG put in more time than sG people put in. When they apply, as long as they're noted as people who play a lot and have an understanding of the rules by SO/Staff, they're usually given the spot.

also lol @ mad at new so threads. -you can apply for an SO spot-

Edited by TurtleFrenzy

they get admin mostly due to the fact that they know the rules, are great paidmins, and have time time to be an SO as oppose to others who play like 5 hours a week.  

Where the fuck did you even come from.

This, I'd also like to add, there is almost no one older than 6 months that plays jailbreak enough to be an SO anymore, this round of SOs picked I completely agree with, they play the servers and know the rules. Many of them I trust because they have seen other SOs such as Eddy and myself admin the server and they are smart enough to see what we do in certain situations and do the same.  The current SOs are good, no clue what you're on about.

This, I'd also like to add, there is almost no one older than 6 months that plays jailbreak enough to be an SO anymore, this round of SOs picked I completely agree with, they play the servers and know the rules. Many of them I trust because they have seen other SOs such as Eddy and myself admin the server and they are smart enough to see what we do in certain situations and do the same.  The current SOs are good, no clue what you're on about.

This ^

Also any SO can easily ask a past SO or staff member for advice on something they aren't sure about. I still have TTT SO's ask me for my opinion once in awhile on something. I got SO a month after I joined so it's really not uncommon for someone who plays on the server a lot, that joins the clan after, to get SO. 

Okay believe it or not, not all day 1 SOs are newfags. They're new to the clan, not necessarily to the servers that they are SOs for

HAHAHAHA. Oh God. This thread. It's just weird to play sG servers because they used to be such high quality but the community seems to be infected with preteen newfags. My point is that this community used to be so fun and it hasn't been the same since the actually decent Staff/SO's keep seeming to leave and the badmins come in to take their places. Regardless of my poor job of conveying my thoughts on this, I honestly miss how this community was a few years ago when I first signed up.

/>

HAHAHAHA. Oh God. This thread. It's just weird to play sG servers because they used to be such high quality but the community seems to be infected with preteen newfags. My point is that this community used to be so fun and it hasn't been the same since the actually decent Staff/SO's keep seeming to leave and the badmins come in to take their places. Regardless of my poor job of conveying my thoughts on this, I honestly miss how this community was a few years ago when I first signed up.

I know right, we can't even post goatse anymore!

shit changes, cant help it

Dude I've been around for like a few months I'm not new

Make up your mind? Few months =/= few years. 

me and alwaysfail choose who we think will do the job best, and newfags are usually the ones that are more active because they aren't burnt out. there are some oldfags that are active but are just tired of the clan's shit and just dont give a fuck as much anymore, and that's not the best choice, despite them being the most known.

but you might just be secretly asking for a perma..

You're seriously kidding yourself if you think the admins were any better back two or three years ago. Especially when you had to play suck-up to Mitch and/or Toxy in order to even get admin in the first place back. Also, let's not forget how people who dared to question Mitch about anything he was doing in the servers were more or less instantly banned without question and then harassed by his cronies if they went through with posting a complaint on the forums. And you miss all of that?