Sign in to follow this  
bios

Zeus and Fohacidal

I'm gonna agree with TtD on this one (I gave you your own acronym babe :D). He just stands firm in his beliefs and although he does instigate sometimes, often it is Zeus as well. Making fun of him and how he is deeply Catholic really doesn't help the situation either.

The suspensions seem just for these two guys. We should wait to see how they react before banning them or removing them from the clan.

Zeus has been here for a long time, and even if I may have had disagreements with him in the past, I can still recognize the fact that he has been able to stop flaming at times. The thing is with Zeus, is that even though he has cleaned up his act at times, he always reverts to his old ways. He might claim that he is only being aggravated by a select few who he believes to be stupid. But he is the only person on the whole forum who can constantly find that person to be aggravated by.

But I think Foh has been a different case. Rarely have I seen constructive posts from Foh that actually contribute to the topic. He unnecessarily starts problems and has really done so consistently. But I think this is his first suspension so maybe he can be given more of a chance than Zeus.

But it all comes back to how they react to the suspension

I dont think permenent ban is nessesary but a kick from the clan. Foh flames so much and has gotten so many warnnings and last chances that this should finnally be the last.

Zues... idk.... i think he would kill him self he got banned from the servers and the fourms but he can be cool and is very helpful, so i think that hes O.K. for now.

foh would not back us up in his situatiion. he would use this thread to bad mouth who ever was banned.

he also has near 2000 post, a very few consructive. i think we need a limit to how much we can post in a day or 5 hour period.

foh would not back us up in his situatiion. he would use this thread to bad mouth who ever was banned.

he also has near 2000 post, a very few consructive. i think we need a limit to how much we can post in a day or 5 hour period.

He would back some of us up, just not you Ross :P

Well thank you for your input guys. The advisers and JCS have made their decision. Fohacidal has been removed from the clan roster. We will not take further action against either of them, they will serve out their seven day suspensions and be allowed to continue using the forum. I hope they will finally learn from this. I am willing to let most if not all that they say go, but they continually do it, time and time again. It's not like it's one comment here or there. It's all the time everyday. Then they ask me why I like to throw my power around and supposedly pick on them. Well, I don't pick on just them, but they just happen to be the only two who really break the rules.

I think the punishment is fair but when they get back I think foh will be kinda hostile because he got kicked out and will blame it on zues. That might start another war. The probation Idea is good. They should have a limited post count so they will only post constructive because they cant waste their posts on flaming and spam. And they shouldnt be allowed into Media.

I don't think a perma-ban is really necessary at this point. I agree with the week-long suspension but, at the same time, I don't think they should be given warning after warning. At some point you are going to have to put your foot down and say "The next time you pull this shit, you're gone." or something like that.

On a side note, however, I believe this would have to be something that would also apply to everyone. Flaming from a clan member does nothing to boost how others would view the clan as a whole and flaming from one clan member to another member is something I feel should be a zero tolerance deal.

The only way I could see allowing something like that, however, is if both parties agree that it's alright and, in a situation like that... KEEP IT TO PRIVATE MESSAGES for crying out loud.

Just my two cents.

Edit: Well, I'm a little late but whatever.

guys remember my flamming topic?

that was fun times. me and donkey and cc90 duking it out, keeping in the thread. we need that again. JCS UNLOCK IN NAOS

well ive had to deal with both of them at the sametime numerous time in the ZM server. they are ok when they arent playing or talking to/with each other but once they reach contact something bad is bound to happen.

they are both cool kids but i think they just hold a grudge like children, something that is hard to get rid of, even among common adults.

i wouldnt know how to help except by banning both or one of them, which would be a said day.

Fohacidal has been removed from the clan roster.

:blink: He may be a flame magnet on the forums, but in game he is very mature and a great admin. I think he still needs another chance.

I agree with the above users as well.

Removed for flaming? Why not have him restricted from certain parts of the forums instead? like only allow "admins olny".

Removing him was a bit unnecessary.

Removed for flaming? Why not have him restricted from certain parts of the forums instead? like only allow "admins olny".

Removing him was a bit unnecessary.

I meant I don't like the fact he was kicked?

Do you guys even know how many times he has been warned? Right, you don't. Not to mention that I have suspended him before.

Do you guys even know how many times he has been warned? Right, you don't. Not to mention that I have suspended him before.

But then again, we are suppose to hold our tongues all the time and not have an opinion. I agree, some of his comments where a little overboard and you did give him ample opportunities to correct his statements which is why I can agree with the week ban. But you should not kick someone out of the clan for their actions on the forums. At least he gets on the forums and stays up to date with what’s going on. 50% of the members we have in UV do not even go to the forums, so why punish him so hard for something he’s doing by choice. On the servers he’s fun to play with and an OK admin. I have seen worse in UV than Foh.

That's why I don't see a problem with him getting the boot. The point in him getting kicked from the clan (even if he can re-apply later) is to take away something he likes as a punishment. Suspension didn't work in the past, he ignores warnings, and so something more drastic had to be done.

If I'm not mistaken (If I am, I'll delete this part in an edit), I think I read that this was a decision made by .Bios, P2, the JCS, and the Advisors... So don't hold .Bios solely accountable for this. It was a decision made by the leadership as a whole.

But then again, we are suppose to hold our tongues all the time and not have an opinion. I agree, some of his comments where a little overboard and you did give him ample opportunities to correct his statements which is why I can agree with the week ban. But you should not kick someone out of the clan for their actions on the forums. At least he gets on the forums and stays up to date with what’s going on. 50% of the members we have in UV do not even go to the forums, so why punish him so hard for something he’s doing by choice. On the servers he’s fun to play with and an OK admin. I have seen worse in UV than Foh.

DOUBLE POST!

There's a difference between stating your opinion and trying to degrade someone through immature little temper tantrums while stating your opinion.