Sign in to follow this  
Eddy

Jailbreak MOTD rework

13. Game Rules

Jump rope should be added and it should say "you aren't allowed to press the max speed for jump rope immediately" this is done alot and makes the round pretty shitty.

*Any game that has various levels of difficulties is required to start on the lowest difficulty first and work its way up. Going to the highest difficulty immediately is not allowed.*

This would make it more fair, and more general throughout the many, many games of jailbreak. T's are actually required to play the game and be good at it to survive, instead of insta-death because CT's are idiots

I think the request for repeats should come back in the form of if a repeat is asked by a tee the warden must repeat ONCE. As in spamming that shit dont work. My reasoning behind the repeat is complicated ass orders that were clear doesn't stop them from being complicated so repeats definitely clear up confusion and if your going to kill whore how is that fun for any of tee's. Giving complete bullshit orders that lead to confusion getting like have the tee team killed isnt fun for the terrorists and rules say to keep this shit fun which i believe is lost these days in jb.

RANT OVER

bring back forced repeats at least once whether or not they were clear (if asked)

I agree, having the warden required to repeat ONCE is fair enough.

What are we trying to do? Kill all the T's because of the inability of the CT to make orders that make sense as opposed to actual games that the T's understand?

I think it would be in the best interest of the server to keep/add the warden having to repeat just once, or specific such only if its unclear or ridiculously confusing.

Edited by Papa

Can we please bring back the noballs rule? Why was it even removed in the first place? 

It was removed because people who had any hint of a squeaky or prepubescent voice were excessively being restricted on the spot, without being offered a chance to prove their competence as a CT. As far as I know, the rule was originally introduced to bar out significantly immature and/or flat out incompetent CTs. Over time though, it felt like we were restricting them for laughs and giggles, rather than restricting them for being bad CTs.

Although, I have definitely noticed a recent influx of just plain awful CTs. A lot of which can be contributed to the loss of the no balls rule.

Personally, I feel that the rule should be reintroduced in a manner that allows competent younger players to remain playing on CT while being able to restrict those who have demonstrated nothing but complete incompetence. As it stands now, we give them a warning and tell them that the next time they make a mistake they will be restricted, when we know it's inevitable that they're going to catastrophically screw up again shortly after.

It was removed because people who had any hint of a squeaky or prepubescent voice were excessively being restricted on the spot, without being offered a chance to prove their competence as a CT. As far as I know, the rule was originally introduced to bar out significantly immature and/or flat out incompetent CTs. Over time though, it felt like we were restricting them for laughs and giggles, rather than restricting them for being bad CTs.

Although, I have definitely noticed a recent influx of just plain awful CTs. A lot of which can be contributed to the loss of the no balls rule.

Personally, I feel that the rule should be reintroduced in a manner that allows competent younger players to remain playing on CT while being able to restrict those who have demonstrated nothing but complete incompetence. As it stands now, we give them a warning and tell them that the next time they make a mistake they will be restricted, when we know it's inevitable that they're going to catastrophically screw up again shortly after.

I was playing the other day and there were like 4 separate people on CT with high pitched voices that had no idea what they were doing. I wanted to restrict them, but then I thought "What would JFK say?" So I just waited it out.  

I don't really care. If ppl are using voice changers or have seriously high voice or are annoying, I'll just ct or mute them depending on the server. But if they indeed are acting "mature" and are not trying to fuck things up, I never saw a reason why they should be restricted. Seemed like I was one of the few admins that let the sqeaky voiced kids try it out if they weren't complete retards :)

/>

*Any game that has various levels of difficulties is required to start on the lowest difficulty first and work its way up. Going to the highest difficulty immediately is not allowed.*

This would make it more fair, and more general throughout the many, many games of jailbreak. T's are actually required to play the game and be good at it to survive, instead of insta-death because CT's are idiots

The only difficult part is enforcing the rule. Sometimes its difficult to isolate which CT is to blame.

Sometimes it a bit of luck when you are spectating

Also I would slay/ct a ct who ruined a round by those means for failing to keep the game fun and diverse for Ts. However a slightly more descriptive rule would help.

But if games have two difficulties like easy climb hard climb you aren't allowed to set it to hard at first cause you have to start on the lowest difficulty setting...

???

/>But if games have two difficulties like easy climb hard climb you aren't allowed to set it to hard at first cause you have to start on the lowest difficulty setting...

???

I'm pretty sure this only relates to map games that have moving objects/projectiles that harm Ts

Please keep in mind that I want no map specific or game specific rules. Make the rule blanket all current and future games.

As for the no balls rule, that's a server general rule and not related.

As for the "terrorists are pardoned upon completion of next order" That's staying. It's been that way forever, but when the rules got rewritten it was left out and then readded this year.

And all of the rules changes I'm seeing so far are all T sided, and make it way more difficult for the CTs. And let's face it, the CTs need all the help they can get.

Keep in mind that the new rules should keep the game fun for everyone, not just you guys who like to rebel a lot.

Please keep in mind that I want no map specific or game specific rules. Make the rule blanket all current and future games.

As for the no balls rule, that's a server general rule and not related.

As for the "terrorists are pardoned upon completion of next order" That's staying. It's been that way forever, but when the rules got rewritten it was left out and then readded this year.

And all of the rules changes I'm seeing so far are all T sided, and make it way more difficult for the CTs. And let's face it, the CTs need all the help they can get.

Keep in mind that the new rules should keep the game fun for everyone, not just you guys who like to rebel a lot.

These might seem T sided rules, but as of recent all the rules added have made it ct sided. The Terrorists are already at a disadvantage when they spawn, ct's have guns and T's have knives. The rules that everyone has recommended are pretty much evening the Teams out. We shouldn't be making rules to give the ct's an advantage with the reason "ct's are pretty dumb and need all the help they can get" This is why we get dumb ct's cause we make rules that make it easy to play on the ct team. When I first started playing the server a year ago the ct team was hard, it actually meant something when you were a good ct, all the rules as of recent have been added to either help the kill whores, or make it easier for first time players. All the threads made about Jailbreak are always about killwhores and dumb ct's. I feel like with the addition of some of the rules that people have suggested in this thread already it will get rid of some of the dumb ct's.

These might seem T sided rules, but as of recent all the rules added have made it ct sided. The Terrorists are already at a disadvantage when they spawn, ct's have guns and T's have knives. The rules that everyone has recommended are pretty much evening the Teams out. We shouldn't be making rules to give the ct's an advantage with the reason "ct's are pretty dumb and need all the help they can get" This is why we get dumb ct's cause we make rules that make it easy to play on the ct team. When I first started playing the server a year ago the ct team was hard, it actually meant something when you were a good ct, all the rules as of recent have been added to either help the kill whores, or make it easier for first time players. All the threads made about Jailbreak are always about killwhores and dumb ct's. I feel like with the addition of some of the rules that people have suggested in this thread already it will get rid of some of the dumb ct's.

Pretty much hit it spot on.

I have some more useful input that i'll add when I'm not swamped with work.. Hope this thread will stay open for a couple days..

Forced repeats is gone and not coming back. The only repeat order that may be implemented is repeating during the beginning of the round after a few seconds of the initial order to let people who join late hear the order (also people who were afk or alt-tabbed due to being dead).

Your argument about complex orders is admin discretion. If the order is worded poorly and confusing it would fall under unclear order and be forced to be repeated. 

The rules have always been T sided. Despite the fact that Ts only start with knives and get shot the instant they do something wrong, Ts win on average about 60-65% of the time. On no map do CTs win more. Ideally it should be 50-50. http://sg.gameme.com/maps/csgo3

Don't make it too easy for the Ts.

The rules have always been T sided. Despite the fact that Ts only start with knives and get shot the instant they do something wrong, Ts win on average about 60-65% of the time. On no map do CTs win more. Ideally it should be 50-50. http://sg.gameme.com/maps/csgo3

Don't make it too easy for the Ts.

I agree with drug on this one, 

T's do usually win, Ct's have a hard time kill off T's without them all rebelling. If you think about it, all you'd have to do as a T is collaborate a mass rebel and you guys win.

I understand we can't have ridiculous rule changes to make it easier for the T's, but this rule:

b. CTs may not camp the armory/vent entrances/exits.

is a good rule, but then it gets contradicted with this stupid rule:

" CT's can STARE at vents" just makes absolutely no sense to me. staring directly at the vent had always been considered camping the vent (for as long as I have been here) and it was always enforced as vent camping. Also this rule:

"CT's can sit on top of armory" was also enforced as armory camping...

These rules have been what the whole server has talked about since they have been added. I find it safe to say that more than 75% of the regular Jailbreak population would like to see these rules removed and put back to how they were always enforced. 

EDIT:

@cookie

Yes I understand T's do win most rounds and I feel like that comes from the lack of ct's knowing what to do. The whole point of the T team is to either A. Rebel or B. get Last request

As a ct your main goal is to have fun with your games and also stop the rebelling T's. The rules I have stated make rebelling not worth it, rebelling now is pretty much just running into a hole so you can die, because the ct is sitting 10 feet away from the vent, so if the CT missed his awp shot while you ran, he can still follow you into the vent because he was staring at it. This rule just makes T's compete in the games that the ct's are using to killwhore. 

Edited by Eddy

I understand we can't have ridiculous rule changes to make it easier for the T's, but this rule:

b. CTs may not camp the armory/vent entrances/exits.

is a good rule, but then it gets contradicted with this stupid rule:

" CT's can STARE at vents" just makes absolutely no sense to me. staring directly at the vent had always been considered camping the vent (for as long as I have been here) and it was always enforced as vent camping. Also this rule:

"CT's can sit on top of armory" was also enforced as armory camping...

These rules have been what the whole server has talked about since they have been added. I find it safe to say that more than 75% of the regular Jailbreak population would like to see these rules removed and put back to how they were always enforced. 

I agree that all armory ledges and roofs should be restricted as well as rewording vent camping to something along the lines of 

"Camping across from vents or cells that contain vents is prohibited, you may watch the cell block, but do not preaim or preshoot at the cells that contains vents or vent entrances in other areas"

Edited by Shadow

I don't understand why it matters if CTs are on armory. The only place it would matter would be like shel where there's a vent. Otherwise, it's just them at a vantage point.

I like Shadow's rewording of the camping.

(tl;dr the rulechanges could be dumb, could force CTs to be unable to acknowledge vents)

I think you should tread carefully when it comes to changing the current vent and armory rules. People always like to enforce rules by very strict wording, and ambiguity can arise. As far as I'm aware, the "on top of armory" rule doesn't really apply to actually being inside, or being able to just run back in whenever, but more to do with shit like the upper balcony on lego. Being unable to use that part of the map seems a bit dumb. 

Also, "staring" at vent cell can be really weird to enforce. What if you see T's cell hopping like crazy to go towards that cell, the vent is open, all T's in that vicinity are missing, and forcing yourself to look away from that cell is basically condoning rebelling? Or simply if you're watching the T who happens to be outside that cell? I understand when it comes to literally camping it and never moving your mouse away, but I predict that if a strictly worded rule comes in we'll have a lot of dead T's spectating CT's and asking admins to !ct them because they looked at the cell, or noticed that it was open. 

Edit: T's have it pretty easy as it is when it comes to rabbling. The reasons for these rule changes should not be to make any rebelling attempts insta-success. It should always carry major risks. If you can sprint at vent cell safe in the knowledge that you will never be followed, gg.

Edited by Dead Donkey

(tl;dr the rulechanges could be dumb, could force CTs to be unable to acknowledge vents)

I think you should tread carefully when it comes to changing the current vent and armory rules. People always like to enforce rules by very strict wording, and ambiguity can arise. As far as I'm aware, the "on top of armory" rule doesn't really apply to actually being inside, or being able to just run back in whenever, but more to do with shit like the upper balcony on lego. Being unable to use that part of the map seems a bit dumb. 

Also, "staring" at vent cell can be really weird to enforce. What if you see T's cell hopping like crazy to go towards that cell, the vent is open, all T's in that vicinity are missing, and forcing yourself to look away from that cell is basically condoning rebelling? Or simply if you're watching the T who happens to be outside that cell? I understand when it comes to literally camping it and never moving your mouse away, but I predict that if a strictly worded rule comes in we'll have a lot of dead T's spectating CT's and asking admins to !ct them because they looked at the cell, or noticed that it was open. T's have it pretty easy as it is when it comes to rabbling.

If a T is cell hoping or running at the vent I don't have a problem with that, but when a ct spawns and gets an awp and sits 10 feet away from the vent scoped in on it for the first 2 mins of the round, That is the problem...

Can we please bring back the noballs rule? Why was it even removed in the first place? 

People were abusing that rule sadly, we all know that most no-balls don't have a clue what they are doing on Guards but there is actually some no-balls that are actually trying to play and not ruin the match. It's kind of stereo-typing a guy with no-balls if you know what I mean. Give them a chance to play, if they mess up accidently, give them a warning of some kind. If they completely ruin the match, I would switch their team.

Edited by Kung?

I feel it should be noted that on last requests, a T asking for a knife fight and immediately being stabbed in the back is not a valid way to conduct that LR