Sign in to follow this  
Papa

Alltalk

Could it be possible to turn all talk off for a day or two and see how people like it? Currently the entire game is basically people yelling at each other, which overall is fine except it gets really annoying over time.

All talk would promote more team-based game play and reduce the overall chatter on the mic.

It kind of requires a decision between having a more relaxed server compared to a more serious server.

Personally I do enjoy having all talk on, however it gets quite annoying having people constantly talking every single round, and the thing is we aren't going to mute people just because they're talking.

I second this, I turned my settings of voice_scale to 0.1 because I was getting annoyed with the chatter. Some days I can engage it in and others I can't stand it.

Honestly I find it pretty damn funny when Prosak is talking, but it's when 3-4 people are all having some sort of heated debate about something when it gets ridiculous.

voice_enable 0 or dont play the server fuckhead

I wouldn't have made a thread about this if a bunch of us didn't discuss it in the server.

I'm not so much going against all talk being on as much as bringing it up as a possibility to turn it off.

Alltalk was always on for WCS1. It provides a social aspect to the community and allows some pretty fun times. By fun times, I don't mean people like brownies screaming at the top of their lungs or being obnoxious like many of the current players can be. This isn't a serious competitive server nor is there much strategy incorporated into the gameplay. Leave it as is, if you don't enjoy alltalk then just do voice_enable 0 like Pebbz said. To be honest, if we go down the path of turning off alltalk then i'll probably just stop playing the server.

Edited by Oreo

Alltalk was always on for WCS1. It provides a social aspect to the community and allows some pretty fun times. By fun times, I don't mean people like brownies screaming at the top of their lungs or being obnoxious like many of the current players can be. This isn't a serious competitive server nor is there much strategy incorporated into the gameplay. Leave it as is, if you don't enjoy alltalk then just do voice_enable 0 like Pebbz said. To be honest, if we go down the path of turning off alltalk then i'll probably just stop playing the server.

Nah son.. No all talk.... War3 is srsbznz

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

i dont care if people talk during the rounds its just fucking annoying when people dont have the common courtesy to let people have their turn talking and in turn just try to shout over top of them 

what this guy said

i mean come on, it's not rocket surgery people

i dont care if people talk during the rounds its just fucking annoying when people dont have the common courtesy to let people have their turn talking and in turn just try to shout over top of them 

what this guy said

i mean come on, it's not rocket surgery people

I don't speak often but when I do, no one else is.

Or maybe team talk when alive, alltalk (with other dead people) when dead?

Edit: Never mind, the cvars don't work that way.

I swear I've played servers that worked that way.  But team talk is fine, allow the chat box for the bitching between teams.

I don't mind the talking but when people are talking constantly every single round it gets very annoying... Can't hear footsteps or which direction the shooting came from =\

Edited by DavidChenn

I swear I've played servers that worked that way.  But team talk is fine, allow the chat box for the bitching between teams.

Doesn't the JB server work like that? 

SO's and Staff that talk while dead aren't usually heard by alive people from what I've noticed/remembered.

In jb it's alltalk on but dead ppl can't talk to alive. Had to bind voice_enable 0 to a key for the 1v5 clutches :P

But imo it's not that big of a deal if ppl would just tone it down when it's 1v1 or something.

Edited by xmen

In jb it's alltalk on but dead ppl can't talk to alive. Had to bind voice_enable 0 to a key for the 1v5 clutches :P

But imo it's not that big of a deal if ppl would just tone it down when it's 1v1 or something.

I agree with this completely

Also SO's will have the power to mute and so if it gets too loud they might decide to have a few silent rounds :)

sG is all about community and socializing with your fellow gamers so why not allow the members and players on the server to communicate freely amongst one another on a server that isnt highly competitive or strategic?? if need be, implement a rule where people are to keep chatter to a minimum when say, there's one person alive on a team, or when it's 1v1?

sG is all about community and socializing with your fellow gamers so why not allow the members and players on the server to communicate freely amongst one another on a server that isnt highly competitive or strategic?? if need be, implement a rule where people are to keep chatter to a minimum when say, there's one person alive on a team, or when it's 1v1?

In an older server, we would be quiet in clutch situations and resort to typing majority of the time. Usually everyone stops to watch and you'd have jokes over the bets and winning/losing.

In an older server, we would be quiet in clutch situations and resort to typing majority of the time. Usually everyone stops to watch and you'd have jokes over the bets and winning/losing.

exactly that seems the logical thing to do and if it was enforced as a rule i think it would really great

exactly that seems the logical thing to do and if it was enforced as a rule i think it would really great

Enforcing it as a rule seems meh and a bit too 'in your face' for me. Just give it time and people will stop, it's already happening.

It's been all-talk for the longest time, it's almost like a tradition on sG's warcraft servers.

It does get annoying but it's more friendly (ironic use of the word, considering most things said are insults or random gibberish) because everyone is always talking with one another.  You can always mute people who are annoying anyway, from the scoreboard screen (TAB).