Sign in to follow this  
B-cock #1

Whoring Script

Whoring Script Change  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like To See One Of My Suggestions Below Be Implemented If Possible?

• Yes
    • No (The current script is fine)
    • Neutral

I might have a minority opinion in this, but I believe that currently (and in CS:S) the whoring script was too lenient. To me being able to go 20:0 (best case scenario) is too much and demotivates other players or causes them to whore, further demotivating others.

Here are some ideas that I have come up with that I believe would make the server better:

• Cannot go above a 1:1 ratio after 10 kills on an already maxed race (this would change after you have maxed all the other races, then it could change back to the default 4:1 after 20 kills). This would cause people to have to earn the right to whore and give a sense of accomplishment. Consider these values placeholders
  • Put some of the more common whoring classes later on in the leveling, this would also make players have to earn their way to some of the more common whoring classes and thus increase the sense of accomplishment.

Common Arguments:

Why should someone be punished for being good at a race?

• Good is subjective, if your version of good is KD:R then it's different than mine.
  • Being "good" at a race might just mean they're playing a better than normal class against someone who isn't.
  • Some of the best classes are available too early on, this will cause them to stay at these races and not any others. This seems quite sad as the developers put time into them that the majority of people won't play because they're not as powerful as the other races.

It was this way in CS:S

• There were a lot of great things about the CS:S server, but that was not one of them. We already know this isn't going to be like the CS:S server, this is as good of time as any to make this change for the better.

Post your thoughts and opinions below, I'm already expecting typical/predictable shit. I'd just like to know what everyone else's opinion on this is.

Edited by B-rock

There goes my 4.0 Kdr.

could always play like drew and just leave after whoring human alliance/gen.

also same.

Edited by Sandy Balls

First bullet: Too strict because not everyone wants to max all races and just wants to play.

Second bullet: Could you define what is a common whoring class because in WCS this would change whenever something was added or changed. Ignore starter races because they were too strong in the first place.

Third/Fourth/Fifth bullets: True but some people have off and on days for being good with the addition of who else is on the server. If no one else is on to challenge a skillful player they should destroy the server regardless. You also forgot, classes are only a factor to why someone is good.

Last bullet: Not sure of what your argument is? Do you want or not want the script? Cause I can argue for and against it without a problem.

Edited by BLiNDBoi

First bullet: Too strict because not everyone wants to max all races and just wants to play.

You can consider these placeholder values, I just consider 4:1 too much

Second bullet: Could you define what is a common whoring class because in WCS this would change whenever something was added or changed. Ignore starter races because they were too strong in the first place.

The main whoring races are usually the beginning races, they are very good and too easily accessible for beginner races. There are many other races that are good but aren't on the level of the beginner races.

Third/Fourth/Fifth bullets: True but some people have off and on days for being good with the addition of who else is on the server. If no one else is on to challenge a skillful player they should destroy the server regardless. You also forgot, classes are only a factor to why someone is good.

True that races don't make the player but if you're going 4:1 against a low pop server and you alone are killing the entire team, that's just in bad taste in my opinion. They should be slightly handicapped in the race they pick, there are other good races but maybe it would help.

Last bullet: Not sure of what your argument is? Do you want or not want the script? Cause I can argue for and against it without a problem.

I want the script, I was just saying the values for the script I thought were unbalanced.

If a player is winning by racewhoring because a race is too strong, you need to nerf the race. I have found a playstyle that I love to use, and at the moment I'm not doing good enough to trigger the 4:1 killwhore amount, but if I did, I would hate to be teamswitched because I'm doing well. Honestly, if I were forced off of the playstyle that I found and loved and enjoyed doing this would be a major turnoff as a player.

The single good argument I've heard in favor of the script is that newer players will be turned off of the server by getting stomped. But I don't think this is enough to warrant punishing winning.

Well I guess it's what direction the server wants to go, currently you can get every race in about 3 hours depending on the player. This server can be one where you can get all the races easily and max very easily, it could also be one where you really have to spend a lot of time to get to where you want to be.

I personally prefer the 2nd of those options as I believe it would help the longevity of the server (I know more races and such are being worked on).

This ties into script whoring because of how quick it is to get to all the races to start whoring, it feels like there is no accomplishment unless that's the direction that the server wants to go.

i think it's pretty obvious that most people against the script are people who themselves whore

i know that personally i never played WCS1 and went to WCS2 because a lot of people whored races in 1 and it was always almost full, making it difficult for me to level up

don't overcomplicate it the previous was hard enough to oversee... Not to mention scrolling through the playerinfo pages seeing if they meet all the requirements.

i think it's pretty obvious that most people against the script are people who themselves whore

i know that personally i never played WCS1 and went to WCS2 because a lot of people whored races in 1 and it was always almost full, making it difficult for me to level up

wcs1 wasnt hard to level up at all.

l0l

Sounds like a personal problem.

Some people are just a lot better counterstrike players than others, so forcing them to use the shittiest races is unfair. A better approach would be just to nerf/buff races as needed.

Some people are just a lot better counterstrike players than others, so forcing them to use the shittiest races is unfair. A better approach would be just to nerf/buff races as needed.

Races tend to be fairly balanced, at least in the old WCS1 days, so this wouldn't really do anything except hurt everyone playing the mod. Some skills such as evasion or movement impairing skills (bash, roots, slows) or vision impairing skills (impale, screen shake, banish, blind) are innately OP so any race that has these should all get nerfed right? Players that don't suck at regular csgo are going to be better than others in war3 mod. It's just how it is, and they tend to play races with the aforementioned skills.