Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

[ARCHIVE] Warcraft 3 Bug and Issue Reports

It's more likely fall damage resistance after teleportation needs fixing, since Goldentail hasn't been touched since May. I'm guessing it happens to other teleporting races too?

Sensei golden-tail fall damge resistance after teleportation is still bugged. It takes a crap ton more fall dmg now. Jumping up in the air and grappling at an angle towards the ground can do as much as 60 dmg. If you point straight at the ground and grapple, it instantly kills you. Additionally, I was being killed upon landing from low incline/decline arcs when there was an elevation difference between my starting and ending positions.

Sensei golden-tail fall damge resistance after teleportation is still bugged. It takes a crap ton more fall dmg now. Jumping up in the air and grappling at an angle towards the ground can do as much as 60 dmg. If you point straight at the ground and grapple, it instantly kills you. Additionally, I was being killed upon landing from low incline/decline arcs when there was an elevation difference between my starting and ending positions.

I'm having trouble debugging this because it annoyingly works fine on the dev server. I have to add some debug printouts (only shown to developers) to put on the war3 server to see why it's failing there.

I'm having trouble debugging this because it annoyingly works fine on the dev server. I have to add some debug printouts (only shown to developers) to put on the war3 server to see why it's failing there.

Thanks for the update!

Race:  Deadly Decoy

Skill information outdated or incorrect, in-game text:

Health (5 Levels): [skill] Hard to kill.  20/40/80/100/120+ HP.

5/5 Health spawns a player with only 160 HP.

Race:  Deadly Decoy

Skill information outdated or incorrect, in-game text:

Health (5 Levels): [skill] Hard to kill.  20/40/80/100/120+ HP.

5/5 Health spawns a player with only 160 HP.

Fixed on next server reboot.

BUG: Steveand117: Master of War has a very inconsistent ult.

The ult is supposed to give damage reduction (this is the important part) and a gain/loss of movement speed. Sometimes you get both, sometimes you just gain/lose move speed. The damage reduction is the good part of the ult (as often you lose speed) and is in 99% of circumstances the only reason to use it.

Here is an image showing the ult description and in chat you can see where I used the ult and it properly gave me both effects:

http://i.imgur.com/NDVJQHx.png

The following is two images where you can clearly see I did not get the damage reduction effect:

http://i.imgur.com/JxHGRwj.png

I'm not sure if it is just a text issue, but about ~50% of the time I feel like I hit the ult and then get shot down in 2-3 shots. It seems like it often does nothing (in terms of damage reduction), but I don't always check the chat.

edit: I notice in the latter two screenshots I gained speed, maybe if you gain speed you aren't getting the damage reduction? I'm not sure but the ult description implies you should always get the damage reduction.
edit2: tried it some more, seems like every time I gain speed I do not get damage reduction. this still doesn't fit ult description
edit3: not sure the damage reduction is functioning as it says at all, I just took an average of ~40 dmg per hit from AK47 shots a second after I used the ult and the message showed in chat I was taking reduced dmg
edit4: now I don't even know... http://i.imgur.com/A0fhrRt.png
edit5: even more confused http://i.imgur.com/QJqaUeT.png the ult is so random
edit6: instances of only losing speed, AKA the ultimate is ONLY negative for the player: 
also in many instances I've noticed I die to 2-3 hits even though I get the damage reduction message, here is one of these instances:
console, it was 3 knives to the face http://i.imgur.com/9Gqn83U.png
after multiple encounters, I can guarantee you take full or near-full knife damage even when the "you are reducing damage taken" message appears
Edited by Face

You can put unholy paladins ult down then plant the bomb and have it cover it, idk if this is ok or not

You can put unholy paladins ult down then plant the bomb and have it cover it, idk if this is ok or not

I'll fix this soon, but because it's not as bad (planting the bomb takes a few seconds) it's not against the rules.

I think hand of god combo glitches after getting 1 kill giving you all the perks til the map ends or you reconnect. So you get 2x attack speed, 175% speed, and 75% invis.

Shopmenu Items affected: Periapt of Health and Ring of Regeneration

Cause: Shadow Hunter's passive healing.

So, if you purchase a Periapt of Health near a Shadow Hunter to whom is healing you, his heal will take priority over the +50 health and thus it will not give the health. The item is burned and the health is not given.

Ring of Regeneration, and the passive healing from Shadow Hunter, they do not stack. When Shadow Hunter's healing is worse than Ring of Regeneration healing rate, Shadow Hunter's healing will take priority over Ring of Regeneration regardless of being better or worse.

Shopmenu Items affected: Periapt of Health and Ring of Regeneration

Cause: Shadow Hunter's passive healing.

So, if you purchase a Periapt of Health near a Shadow Hunter to whom is healing you, his heal will take priority over the +50 health and thus it will not give the health. The item is burned and the health is not given.

Ring of Regeneration, and the passive healing from Shadow Hunter, they do not stack. When Shadow Hunter's healing is worse than Ring of Regeneration healing rate, Shadow Hunter's healing will take priority over Ring of Regeneration regardless of being better or worse.

wait in what universe is shadow hunter's regen worse than ring of regen

edit: Just checked, rank 1 shadow hunter heal is as strong as ring of regen, and is 4x as strong when maxed

wait in what universe is shadow hunter's regen worse than ring of regen

edit: Just checked, rank 1 shadow hunter heal is as strong as ring of regen, and is 4x as strong when maxed

I didn't find this bug myself, i merely recited what I was told about it. But thanks for looking into it already.

Edited by BLiNDBoi

It may be on my end, but as stalker I cannot see through walls 99% of the time.  This is what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/36BxfIm.jpg as you can see the little spot where I'm seeing a portion of a player, I cannot see the outline. If I stand in smoke, it works PERFECT, but otherwise it does not. Sometimes it will work fine, others I can't see anything at all. I have no idea if it is game settings but I have restarted and it has happened on multiple maps. Another example:

http://i.imgur.com/YntEzms.jpg

Edited by Face

Is undead lord supposed to get healed by holy pala?

and why is stalker ult so weak?

and why is methodical still not gaining xp?

and do pyro mine still reset at round loss?

Edited by xmen

Grim reaper seems to be having problems with not taking reduced damage. I have played a lot of rounds against a lot of different races and it seems to be only be reducing damage done by ultimates.

Update: 11*3*14

Grim Reaper can no longer buy Chainmail, Health, Long Jump

Feedback: RPG Race should not have access to Claws of Attack, Chainmail / Health or Ring of Regeneration.  Various players have demonstrated the extreme power of RPG Race combining long jump, strong life leech (20%) combined with store items creates a very mobile, relatively high invisibility and tanky race that can outlast and neutralize many opponents by virtue of regen combined with strong life steal.  It's only 5% less than undead scourge/lord and those would be considering premier leeching races. 

Update: 11*3*14

Grim Reaper can no longer buy Chainmail, Health, Long Jump

Feedback: RPG Race should not have access to Claws of Attack, Chainmail / Health or Ring of Regeneration.  Various players have demonstrated the extreme power of RPG Race combining long jump, strong life leech (20%) combined with store items creates a very mobile, relatively high invisibility and tanky race that can outlast and neutralize many opponents by virtue of regen combined with strong life steal.  It's only 5% less than undead scourge/lord and those would be considering premier leeching races. 

The first one isn't a bug and I don't get why you don't see the same issues in RPG race which are in grim reaper with those items, I'll look into RPG race though.