Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

[ARCHIVE] Warcraft 3 Bug and Issue Reports

Please report any bugs or issues you find on Warcraft 3 in this thread. Be as specific as possible when reporting bugs.

You may alternatively use the in-game bug reporting feature. All you do is type war3bug in chat then anything after will be submitted to us. 

Example: war3bug The shopmenu item longjump does not work. When purchasing it the item it does not take effect.

Do not abuse this in-game feature and please be as specific as possible when reporting a bug in-game!

You do not need to submit bugs using this thread and in-game. Please pick 1. Both this thread and the in-game option are equally effective.

Keep up the great work on the server

Edited by Quayle

Upon grabbing a hostage, I lose all movement items that I had purchased.

This makes sense, but you don't recover any of those items upon arriving back at the extraction zone or at the beginning of the next round.

Winning the round gives less cash than the cost of two movement items so the trade off is definitely one sided.

Specifically I lost the sock and long jump upon grabbing the hostage, and had to rebuy those two items the following round.

I'm on the server right now and it says ERR Could not connect to data base, so all my races are level 0

This makes sense, but you don't recover any of those items upon arriving back at the extraction zone or at the beginning of the next round.

Winning the round gives less cash than the cost of two movement items so the trade off is definitely one sided.

Specifically I lost the sock and long jump upon grabbing the hostage, and had to rebuy those two items the following round.

You actually lose the items? I have it set so that if you are carrying a hostage you get 25% of any speed bonus you would have otherwise, but that sounds like a different issue. Will fix.

I'm on the server right now and it says ERR Could not connect to data base, so all my races are level 0

Centran has fixed it, that was a database issue.

After you disconnected, I tried to duplicate this and didn't get it - My long jump and sock were restored after the hostage was dropped off.

Respawn seems fucked up... Like if a terrorist who is warden dies then a ct gets killed by another terrorist the warden respawns procs to the dying ct's body and he just "takes his life"... Seems to be working now dunno if it was a random glitch

Reincarnated by a skill... So I'm guessing it's a race?

!respawn_spawn would be a nice feature... Warden gets camped so hard now...

Remove the public votes

Edited by xmen

Yeah I noticed...

Wasn't there pre beta :)

-longjump for 2,5k seems a bit low compared to the wcs1 old values. basically there's no reason not to buy lj now perhaps atleast double it to 5k? :o They were something like lj 7k, boots 3k lowgrav 2,5~k?

-as admin commands teamswitch_rounend would be handy for balancing the teams..

-I can confirm the crusaders bug (like if u crusader your weapon and want to switch you can't buy a new one)...

-Using the quick shopmenu buy thing eg. say shopmenu crusader; bypasses the buy restrictions.. So you can accidentally waste all your money buying items while dead.

-Orc crit dmg is broken...

-Night elf ultimate doesn't work through the walls? Is it intended to be like that?

Edited by xmen

Scout's skill True Sight does not seem to be working on human alliance. EDIT: RPG race aswell....

Edited by BLiNDBoi

-Bloodmage siphon mana skill doesn't work.

-Would be nice to get showskills command that shows you your character page where you see your skills... Now you gotta do playerinfo your name or something to get around it.. Or that spendskills window opens even though you don't got any points to spend.

Edited by xmen

-Bloodmage siphon mana skill doesn't work.

-Would be nice to get showskills command that shows you your character page where you see your skills... Now you gotta do playerinfo your name or something to get around it.. Or that spendskills window opens even though you don't got any points to spend.

skillsinfo

Cash is not spendable after it goes past 64k, it resets to 0 even when dead, cant spend bet money

Won a 89K bet, could only spend 25k of it.

Okay, these aren't bugs, but Shadow told me to use this thread, so whatever.

This server is beginning to need balance very badly. How is Tiny even a race on this server? I don't care that it has no weapons, it makes it so the people that are hit by his skill not able to fire for 2 seconds? This is the most broken thing I have seen in both WCS1 and 2, and that's saying a lot. We have this race but we're going to restrict crusader's from respawning a Negev? Ok lol. I'm all for having 'unique' races, but can we make them balanced or make sense? (not having a weapon in this server is stupid imo).

Invis is also incredibly OP in this server right now, I'm not sure why, but everything is like 2x more invis than in WCS1/2 - There is no reason human alliance is supposed to be that invisible.

Another balance concern: some races are incredibly underwhelming such as succubus hunter. That race is relatively garbage right now, and used to be one of the best early races in WCS1. My proposal to fixing it - either change skulls to be a proc (30% per hit to get 1 - like it used to be) or you get 1/2/3/4 skulls per kill. With the way the current system is, you can use your ulti, when maxed, like once or twice the entire game, otherwise you waste your skulls and the race is useless. Also, it's longjump is incredibly underwhelming. Also, it's missing it's bonus knife damage it had in WCS1.

Edited by Jiyeon

Okay, these aren't bugs, but Shadow told me to use this thread, so whatever.

This server is beginning to need balance very badly. How is Tiny even a race on this server? I don't care that it has no weapons, it makes it so the people that are hit by his skill not able to fire for 2 seconds? This is the most broken thing I have seen in both WCS1 and 2, and that's saying a lot. We have this race but we're going to restrict crusader's from respawning a Negev? Ok lol. I'm all for having 'unique' races, but can we make them balanced or make sense? (not having a weapon in this server is stupid imo).

Invis is also incredibly OP in this server right now, I'm not sure why, but everything is like 2x more invis than in WCS1/2 - There is no reason human alliance is supposed to be that invisible.

Another balance concern: some races are incredibly underwhelming such as succubus hunter. That race is relatively garbage right now, and used to be one of the best early races in WCS1. My proposal to fixing it - either change skulls to be a proc (30% per hit to get 1 - like it used to be) or you get 1/2/3/4 skulls per kill. With the way the current system is, you can use your ulti, when maxed, like once or twice the entire game, otherwise you waste your skulls and the race is useless. Also, it's longjump is incredibly underwhelming. Also, it's missing it's bonus knife damage it had in WCS1.

tiny has a weapon now

the stun has been cut in half

negev is staying for now due to popular demand

I'll fix succubus (it was coded by sourcemod developers, threw it in because it works)

what balance changes would you suggest?

tiny has a weapon now

the stun has been cut in half

negev is staying for now due to popular demand

I'll fix succubus (it was coded by sourcemod developers, threw it in because it works)

what balance changes would you suggest?

In general or..? Those were the things that had come to mind. Also, I just remembered this, is it possible to have fire damage (like on kirin-tor) not have the flames all up in your face and just tick for damage? It's like getting a blind and a dot in one skill. Another thing I suggest is making entangling roots not completely rape the victims screen in glowy green light. If possible, make the bands thinner or only put them around the feet/torso and not the victim's face. And also, balancing out invisibility values somehow. Is it the lighting in CS:GO that makes invis that much more invis? People keep complaining that I am barely visible as ghost and I had never had that complaint before playing it in WCS1 (and I find the same to be true for humans as well).

Sorry, if I sound whiney or buttmad, just don't want to see things get unbalanced too quickly, even in beta.

In general or..? Those were the things that had come to mind. Also, I just remembered this, is it possible to have fire damage (like on kirin-tor) not have the flames all up in your face and just tick for damage? It's like getting a blind and a dot in one skill. Another thing I suggest is making entangling roots not completely rape the victims screen in glowy green light. If possible, make the bands thinner or only put them around the feet/torso and not the victim's face. And also, balancing out invisibility values somehow. Is it the lighting in CS:GO that makes invis that much more invis? People keep complaining that I am barely visible as ghost and I had never had that complaint before playing it in WCS1 (and I find the same to be true for humans as well).

Sorry, if I sound whiney or buttmad, just don't want to see things get unbalanced too quickly, even in beta.

It's the design of the map.

Some areas of the map make you blend right in, like a random wall in italy makes you 100% invis. Invisibility is disabled in CS:GO as well, it was only possible because thorgot got the server custom models.

I've nerfed ghost invisibility recently from 75% to like 65% and it seems better now, I don't want to touch it anymore. Same thing with human invis

I will change the bands on night elf to not be so thick, I won't rework the burn because thorgot worked hard on it but I will reduce duration on flame pred & kirin and reduce proc chance on kirin/

edit:

Bands on night elf ult are half as thick now

flame pred & kirin burn duration reduced drastically (same damage)

It's the design of the map.

Some areas of the map make you blend right in, like a random wall in italy makes you 100% invis. Invisibility is disabled in CS:GO as well, it was only possible because thorgot got the server custom models.

I've nerfed ghost invisibility recently from 75% to like 65% and it seems better now, I don't want to touch it anymore. Same thing with human invis

I will change the bands on night elf to not be so thick, I won't rework the burn because thorgot worked hard on it but I will reduce duration on flame pred & kirin and reduce proc chance on kirin/

Word. Duration doesn't have to be nerfed, as it's not really the damage, and just the visuals. Is it possible to make the fire less in your face if not, it's whatever. Thanks again for all the work you put in btw.

Word. Duration doesn't have to be nerfed, as it's not really the damage, and just the visuals. Is it possible to make the fire less in your face if not, it's whatever. Thanks again for all the work you put in btw.

It's the base source engine burn. It wouldn't be a simple matter of tweaking a variable, it would require writing a new effect.

It's the base source engine burn. It wouldn't be a simple matter of tweaking a variable, it would require writing a new effect.

Gotcha. No worries then.