Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

[ARCHIVE] Warcraft 3 Bug and Issue Reports

You might have missed one since the server kept crashing on dust2 yesterday :|

Yeah, I see that. Removed dusts from the map cycle for now then.

Get the stick outta your butt m8. You'll play it when the engineers decide it's ok to put back on the server. Don't act like you're entitled to play night elf. Your obsession with that race is becoming annoyingly unhealthy.

Regenerating armor on ranger of the woods is also broken again, it broke last week but then was promptly fixed. I'm guessing it's related to all that's been happening to the server.

Prob will fix on server restart. I learned with exile that armor regen is dumb. I should prob just rewrite the buff for it honestly

Please keep arguments about balance out of this thread so we can spot actual bug reports.

This applies to random shit in this thread as well. I will start infracting for people having discussions in this thread that aren't relevant to bugs.

If you are wondering if something is a bug or not, ask me (or any other ENG). In the case I am referencing, we are all aware Night Elf isn't on the server so the discussion is in no way relevant to this thread.

Please don't make it so players have to go through 2 pages of garbage just to read the updates for the last few days/last week.

On Exile of Wraeclast the item that gives the armor regen isn't working properly, I don't get any armor regen from it.

And on Elemental I had two rounds randomly where the regen didn't work.

On Exile of Wraeclast the item that gives the armor regen isn't working properly, I don't get any armor regen from it.

And on Elemental I had two rounds randomly where the regen didn't work.

I wonder if the latter is relates to the former. Something about armor regeb is really buggy lately and I think something in exile is killing the regen (I thought it was the bonus armor but maybe armor regen is as well). Armor regen might just need a restart, I'm about to recode that shit completely cause it keeps breaking until restart.

If I had to take a guess, did you change from exile to elemental without dying?

If it happens again with HP regen on a race type "bufflist erif" (or some other unique part of your name) in console and paste it to me on steam (even if I'm offline I'll still get your msg).

I wonder if the latter is relates to the former. Something about armor regeb is really buggy lately and I think something in exile is killing the regen (I thought it was the bonus armor but maybe armor regen is as well). Armor regen might just need a restart, I'm about to recode that shit completely cause it keeps breaking until restart.

If I had to take a guess, did you change from exile to elemental without dying?

If it happens again with HP regen on a race type "bufflist erif" (or some other unique part of your name) in console and paste it to me on steam (even if I'm offline I'll still get your msg).

Yeah I did change from Exile to Elemental without dying and that first round it didn't work, second round it started working, and then the third round it stopped again so I hopped off the race. But I will play around with it to see if I can get it to happen again and see if I can get a better idea of what is causing it.

All of face's races are coded like that

In my experience, this is *by far* the easiest way to prevent effects from carrying over or being abused (e.g. teleporting right at round end and the teleport finishing during the new round or gimmicky stuff like that).

I do this intentionally with A LOT of skills.

In my experience, this is *by far* the easiest way to prevent effects from carrying over or being abused (e.g. teleporting right at round end and the teleport finishing during the new round or gimmicky stuff like that).

I do this intentionally with A LOT of skills.

Ah ok, I was just wondering because some races can do it and I thought Exile might have been broken because a few times I have been trying to run away at the end and then get killed when I try to teleport and it doesn't work.

• Added shopitems to "bufflist". Similar to some skills, some shopitems do not show on the bufflist. The two I know of are claw and health, but there may be others.

• Fixed a bug with crit that caused crit to not work at all on the following races:

Blade Master, Bob, Dante, MachineGunner, Night Elf Elder, Soul Stealer, Star Lord

If you are wondering why those races, crit can be done in 2 ways. 1 of the ways is easier to do, and it was completely broken.

• Fixed a bug with zergling causing stalker/hunter to lose 25 HP more than they were supposed to, and caused Ultralisk to have 5 more HP than it was supposed to.

• Fixed a bug where buying necklace of immunity also gave you the OP buff for holy shield (literally necklace of immunity most imba item in game for a year)Edit: I was incorrect here, Holy Shield always did nothing.

THINGS I'M AWARE OF AND HAVE NOT YET LOOKED AT:

• Bonus reserve ammo is lost on reload with some races. Currently the only confirmed is Persnickity but it also may be things like xian or ranger. (USP-S, M4A1-S, and CZ75 are likely the culprits but it could just be persnickity because it is done slightly differently IIRC)
  • Armor regen being weird in general (exile, ranger). HP regeneration breaking on exile and possibly other races after playing exile. Likely related to armor regen being buggy or maybe something else. I'm curious if HP regeneration works if you play ranger and your armor regen breaks, you do not die, and you swap to race with HP regen like elemental the following round. If anyone has exactly this interaction, please tell me if you regenerate HP.

I will probably just re-code leech and armor regen so that they stop breaking to the extent that they require restarts. This might take a bit of time though and they may also break for a reason I don't understand and isn't fixable. (haven't spent too much time looking at yet). I can't imagine that I can't fix it though, they are both pretty simple in theory.

I've also put a lot of work into server 2. Mostly coding server stuff to make races. A lot of the stuff I've done for server 2 is why I'm catching bugs like crit not working/holy shield OP. So even if you hate the idea of server 2, server 2 has been great for bug fixing server 1 because I spend so much time editing base-war3 files.

Found more bugs within the crit function the races in my last post used.

All crits should print to console. (EXCEPTION: A few print hints, e.g.: Orc. Mostly this is races with LOWER crit chance (high crit chance would spam your hints))

It should appear like such:

• [W3S] Crit for 1.5x damage!
  • [W3S] Crit for +27 damage!

The first means you dealt 50% more damage with the hit (e.g. 30 damage becomes 45). The second means you dealt 27 bonus damage. If you notice your race has crit but you do not see a message like this, please tell me.

Edit: Fixed holy shield *again*. Had another error I didn't notice, and you never received the buffs for immunity. What I've now discovered is that holy shield used to do nothing always, and the double purchasing I thought was possible was in fact impossible.. Sick.

Edit: I believe I fixed all armor/hp regen bugs. I texted exile and it properly regenerates armor and just as well gets its bonus armor correctly.

EMERGENCY NERFERINO GET OUT YOUR HARDHATS AND WATCH OUT FOR THE HAMMER

Phyrex slow can only trigger if you are using the mp9 or fiveseven

Phyrex can no longer carry a primary other than the mp9

This has been your local emergency nerf announcement

EMERGENCY NERFERINO GET OUT YOUR HARDHATS AND WATCH OUT FOR THE HAMMER

Phyrex slow can only trigger if you are using the mp9 or fiveseven

Phyrex can no longer carry a primary other than the mp9

This has been your local emergency nerf announcement

Thank the gods for this. Phyrex M4 too stronk

Found more bugs within the crit function the races in my last post used.

They will all be fixed on restart.

After the restart, all crits should print to console. (EXCEPTION: A few print hints, e.g.: Orc. Mostly this is races with LOWER crit chance (high crit chance would spam your hints))

It should appear like such:

• [W3S] Crit for 1.5x damage!
  • [W3S] Crit for +27 damage!

The first means you dealt 50% more damage with the hit (e.g. 30 damage becomes 45). The second means you dealt 27 bonus damage. If you notice your race has crit but you do not see a message like this, please tell me.

I probably will restart today at some point.

Edit: On restart: Fixed holy shield *again*. Had another error I didn't notice, and you never received the buffs for immunity. What I've now discovered is that holy shield used to do nothing always, and the double purchasing I thought was possible was in fact impossible.. Sick.

Edit: I believe I fixed all armor/hp regen bugs on restart. I texted exile and it properly regenerates armor and just as well gets its bonus armor correctly.

Is it possible to make it so in the future we can have status effects printed to chat rather than console? As an option obviously.

Is it possible to make it so in the future we can have status effects printed to chat rather than console? As an option obviously.

Yes, but if I was gonna do this I'd prob try to make it really comprehensive which would take a lot of work. Like a menu where you pick what effects show in chat vs console.

Right now, a lot of effects don't go to either chat OR console.

Only problem is, some races do things differently than others so it might take up a bunch of time to modify those or whatever necessary to make 

It is something I would consider doing but would probably do at another time. Right now I've got quite a bit to do for server 2 and that event if it ever becomes a reality (it will... eventually).

KJs ability can hit people through multiple walls dealing 30 dmg. Basically you made KJ the new forbidden for wcs1 making it able to stand ontop of buildings spamming nades and ability 2-hitting people while not being seen.

KJs ability can hit people through multiple walls dealing 30 dmg. Basically you made KJ the new forbidden for wcs1 making it able to stand ontop of buildings spamming nades and ability 2-hitting people while not being seen.

Just make the ability LOS like NE entangle, probem solved. I already said we should do that. And why on earth is Flaming gloves restricted on KJ now? That's dumb. No reason for it whatsoever

Can we have Naix reverted back to 10% leech? Not that the extra 2% really make it too much stronger, but the race is already strong enough and really doesn't need the extra bit from the buff.

THIS IS FOR FUCKING BUGS AND PATCH NOTES

Serif, give it a fucking rest. I'm not around and I see this discussion everywhere. Talk to face but at the end of the day it's his decision. Past that just drop it. /rant