Sign in to follow this  
platypus9068

Admin Abuse in JB

While it hasn't been much of a problem this week, within the last month and a half or so, I've seen so much admin abuse that it's disgusting, the one thing that infuriates me the most is when an admin thinks that just because they have powers means that they can use them at every turn. It seems like every other day I have seen an admin abusing his or her powers, and it's really starting to bug me, now, at first I used to joke about reporting to the forums, and most people would take it as a sign to stop their abuse of power, but lately most don't seem to be intimidated by this statement anymore, and I personally intend to report as much admin abuse as possible. As a side note, it doesn't matter how much you've abused your powers, it's still just that, an abuse of power, and it shouldn't be happening, if you're an admin, and you are using your powers to help yourself, or hinder someone else, instead of supporting the server by enforcing rules, then you are not doing your job, simple as that. Although, I do understand that mistakes happen, and sometimes you accidentally hit your slay all bind, or whatever, and most admins apologize for it immediately, so I won't be reporting small incidents like that, but, purposely respawning yourself just to kill the ct(s) that killed you when you were rebelling is not a justified action, and these things need to be put to a stop. Just because you have adminship, does not mean that you are above the rules, it means you are supposed to enforce these rules.

P.S: I know that I'm not normally a huge serious, jerk-off like this, but I care about the JB server, and I want to see it flourish as much as possible, and if having admins punished for abuse is what it takes than I will gladly help this cause. I hope to see all of you guys on the server, and I'm looking forward to playing with you guys. 

With love and many blessings, Pope Platy. Hallelujah!

Why does everyone go about it this way?

Take some demo's and screenshots and then actually report them.

This is probably the hundredth time I have seen something like this posted.

lol quite frankly i feel that the admin abuse adds fun to the game. people take (especially on jb) the game way to seriously and i feel its important that sometimes we allow for goofiness to ensue 

If you have problems with admins in jb why not simply screenshot/demo then report? You guys complain about admin abuse and I agree these new admins like to abuse their power. But if you guys don't give us proof of these admins abusing nothing will happen.

Im setting up my binds now.

Alias Hallelujah "sm_slap Pope 0; sm_slap Pope;sm_slap Pope;sm_slap Pope;sm_slap Pope;sm_slap Pope;sm_slap Pope;sm_slap Pope;sm_bring Pope; wait; wait; wait; sm_bring Pope; sm_rocket Pope"

bind wheelup Hallelujah

This.

Wish we could get the abuse down to a minimum like it used to be, back when even using admin chat for non-admin use was frowned upon. Those were the good old days when people bought admin to help the server, not to abuse on it.

Edited by Velo

There's a difference between ranks abusing admin, and paidmins abusing admin as well as the extent to which they can, and should abuse it.

Either way at this point it seems like no one gives a shit any ways, so uh, yeah.

These threads are made by people who want leverage for admins to do their will or to scare them...

If you want anything done just demo ;-)

If someone opens the cells and it's the last round and an unrestricted freeday... It IS abuse to make everyone 300% movement speed and trash cans but it doesn't hurt the server at all unless you're just a boring person, most admins I see "abuse" to make the round fun for everyone and I do not see complaints. Other admins might abuse and do things such as change the map a map that isn't even a JB map, that is abuse.

If someone opens the cells and it's the last round and an unrestricted freeday... It IS abuse to make everyone 300% movement speed and trash cans but it doesn't hurt the server at all unless you're just a boring person, most admins I see "abuse" to make the round fun for everyone and I do not see complaints. Other admins might abuse and do things such as change the map a map that isn't even a JB map, that is abuse.

It's been awhile since we had a Dust 2 day now that I think about it.

Just a side note here, people really shouldn't have "slay all" binds in easy reach in the first place. That shit shouldn't be common enough to warrant a bind.

Paid-admins only buy admin in order to benefit their own game - I thought this was common knowledge.

This goes for some of you other admins as well.

You know who you are!!!

Admin abuse isn't the problem. Faggy admins are the problem.

But really... this ^^^

No one really gives a shit about admin abuse unless it's affecting your own game. Be honest.

Edited by Travesty

Paid-admins only buy admin in order to benefit their own game - I thought this was common knowledge.

This goes for some of you other admins as well.

You know who you are!!!

But really... this ^^^

No one really gives a shit about admin abuse unless it's affecting your own game. Be honest.

On the bright side, nowadays you don't usually get kicked or even banned for calling it out. It's definitely not as bad as it used to be.