Sign in to follow this  
Fat Black Woman

Cops Arrest Man Recording Them, Then Kill His Dog

The dog didn't lunge or touch them. how are you gonna tell it to stop.. And where's the taser? :)

There's so many things wrong with this situation. Dog not restrained properly by owner or the cops, theres other things the cops could of done instead of bringing a gun out right away, etc.  RIP Dog :'(

First, the situation could have been avoided if he didn't stop to piss off the cops in the first place.

Second, he should have known the dog was protective and close the goddamn window so he can't jump out of the car. Especially since you can obviously tell he already knew he was going to be cuffed.

Third, cops could have easily released him just so he could calm his dog down and properly put him back in the car with slightly lowered windows for air instead of shooting the poor thing 4 times. 

IMO everyone, cops and owner, were at fault for the dogs demise with most of the blame on the owner. This situation could have definitely been handled better by both parties. Those issuing death threats to the officers are fucking stupid.

Came into this thread seeing "Could have pepper sprayed the dog instead"

...I'll see you guys in a different thread.

Yup. I agree the whole pepper spay thing is bullshit. While is sad that a guy had to watch his dog get shot not only did he leave the dog in a position (rolled down windows) where it could get out but the dog also lunged at the cops. I'm not saying the dog was intending to hurt the officers because I have no idea what that dog's disposition is. The officers were in the exact same place, they had no clue what that dog was going to do. Ultimately they perceived the dog to be a threat due to its aggressive like behavior and when it moved towards them they shot to stop the threat. While it is sad it was completely preventable in the first place if he had just rolled up his windows and maybe not even stopped to give the officers a reason to detain him.

Saw this on TYT, makes me glad I live where I do.

Arguing whether or not the dog may have done something or how much it could have done, and what reaction is warranted isn't as important as the fact that the cops shouldn't have been in the situation to begin with. They should never have wasted time arresting someone for recording them, that's complete bullshit, it's not illegal.

/>

Saw this on TYT, makes me glad I live where I do.

Arguing whether or not the dog may have done something or how much it could have done, and what reaction is warranted isn't as important as the fact that the cops shouldn't have been in the situation to begin with. They should never have wasted time arresting someone for recording them, that's complete bullshit, it's not illegal.

Gah we've been over this several times, he wasn't arrested for recording. He was detained for interfering with the police operation and crossing he boundary they set.

You need to remember that the dog he was shooting seems to be a rottweiler. Those are one of the most vicious dogs around.

The age of this officer clearly lacks him in his experience and acting. They could've used the owner to block the dog and have him calm down and lock him up again. The officer is probably also armed with a what, 50.000voltx tazer? He should've used that instead of horribly shooting the dog leaving it there to suffer.

This is just my opinion tho, I didn't have to act in the heat of the moment.

The plot thickens..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/08/second-video-dog-shooting_n_3536658.html

Dude had two prior complaints against the force and a pending lawsuit, yet still chooses to be a douche and antagonize them instead of staying as far away as fucking possible so as not to hinder his current lawsuit...