Sign in to follow this  
ChosenOne2000

New R&R Q&A

People seem to be unable to count when looking at previous posts in application threads, and dont know how to add just 1 to the count when they vote. I imagine it will be harder for people to add when they try and recount the shit with the addition of some votes counting for 2.

It's also really fucking annoying when people add to the vote, but add some stupid name, or no name at all

The goal is to empower the VETs and SO in having a greater say in who joins the community. Staff's say in this process has diminished slightly (+5 to +3). For this to be successful, staff will be cracking down on the copying and pasting of the string, as well as the correct names in the string. I'm going to have to be an R&R nazi on steroids to break the regular trolls of this habit. Just be warned. No QQ when it happens. If members are unable to support their own empowerment in having an increased vote/responsibility, VETs/SOs will lose this privilege. Police each other guys!

The goal is to empower the VETs and SO in having a greater say in who joins the community. Staff's say in this process has diminished slightly (+5 to +3). For this to be successful, staff will be cracking down on the copying and pasting of the string, as well as the correct names in the string. I'm going to have to be an R&R nazi on steroids to break the regular trolls of this habit. Just be warned. No QQ when it happens. If members are unable to support their own empowerment in having an increased vote/responsibility, VETs/SOs will lose this privilege. Police each other guys!

If you need help with your nazi regime and infracting people, I'm up for the task. I can be like the count on crack. "NO EDDY IT GOES 5 6 7  NOT 5 6 8 /backhand"

I've seen the activity logs. There are plenty of vets that get on once a month. I didn't mean you specifically, but basing rank on tenure is a stupid concept.

Well yeah, people who log on once a month or less than that, who never did anything to begin with except stay in the clan for a long time shouldn't keep their rank. But to remove everyone's would be silly. there are plenty of people who still deserve it and to make them re apply would be a huge waste of staffs - and their- time.

Yes and no. Inactive vets have been pruned. The problem is we still have vets that are cunts and don't deserve the rank under the new system. Demoting everyone is easier as then you have less promotions then demotions.

Same goes for Elites

this isn't the thread to complain in, it is for people that have questions about the new system.

I did have a question about the new system. That's what this nifty little symbol: "?" in my post means.

some people may be confused about a certain thing in the new system, or may not be informed (since the digest didn't have ALL the info about the system, since we're still fleshing it out for when it is implemented).

it's pretty much something that has been thrown around for a while now (R&R overhaul), and is just now being changed. i don't know why you're angry at chosenone, because ideas were thrown around by people or people approved others' ideas. it isn't like chosen was just like "yo, this is going to be the new system" and the JCS and the rest of staff be all like "no way" but it is still being implemented. it was approved by everyone, and this is the new system.

you're all lucky my idea wasn't approved. it was pretty retarded and would buttfuck all of you with the jewness.

If the system isn't ready or not completely thought out, then maybe you shouldn't have released it yet. And I thought it was pretty obvious that the "you" in my post meant all of staff, not just one individual. I think Chosen is the very last person here who needs someone to stick up for him.

It's just really clear that you guys are going to forget a lot of deserving people in your new nomination system and it's eventually going to all go to hell, especially it means relying on you guys to actually take initiative.

/>It's just really clear that you guys are going to forget a lot of deserving people in your new nomination system and it's eventually going to all go to hell, especially it means relying on you guys to actually take initiative.

Most of the reason for the new R&R system is specifically to not give benefits to non deserving members.

GT, no one will be forgotten.

There are 24 staff members ranging from join dates of 2007-2012.

Staff are some of the most active persons in the community, if not the most.

Vets who are already vets and are active will stay such. Elites and SEs who active will easily be moved into the new "Elite" category and will all have a decent chance at Vet depending on their activity and contributions.

Keep the good questions coming.

GT, no one will be forgotten.

There are 24 staff members ranging from join dates of 2007-2012.

Staff are some of the most active persons in the community, if not the most.

Vets who are already vets and are active will stay such. Elites and SEs who active will easily be moved into the new "Elite" category and will all have a decent chance at Vet depending on their activity and contributions.

Keep the good questions coming.

Sketch, this is how you diffuse complaints. Take notes. And use your shift key.

I like the new rules on recruitment a lot. The points system seems pretty solid and cracking down on people who can't count properly or add confusing names is going to make things a hell of a lot easier.

VETs should be an example of what a sG member should aspire to be. If they troll, flame, and get infractions; they shouldn't be rewarded for this behavior.

Can you please list being boring on the vet requirements? You almost snuck it right under my nose.

I forced myself to play a lot of JB in the past months so I could have the SE rank, it was hell playing between all the kids, and now it's getting taken away from me. 

That's great. 

Sketch, this is how you diffuse complaints. Take notes. And use your shift key.

I like the new rules on recruitment a lot. The points system seems pretty solid and cracking down on people who can't count properly or add confusing names is going to make things a hell of a lot easier.

my Shift key is broken srry

I did have a question about the new system. That's what this nifty little symbol: "?" in my post means.

If the system isn't ready or not completely thought out, then maybe you shouldn't have released it yet. And I thought it was pretty obvious that the "you" in my post meant all of staff, not just one individual. I think Chosen is the very last person here who needs someone to stick up for him.

It's just really clear that you guys are going to forget a lot of deserving people in your new nomination system and it's eventually going to all go to hell, especially it means relying on you guys to actually take initiative.

you had a question but you QQed in your post. that's all i was saying. the system was going to be pushed through in the digest because we have a horrible time being on time apparently. every digest is pushed back. we wanted to give the clan an idea (read: 90% completed idea). my english teacher didn't teach me the implied you meaning everyone on staff srry i'll ask her next time tho.

IF we do demote every E/SE/VET, we will be looking at mostly every single person. there's no way that we wouldn't, simply because chosen would be down our throats about it, since he isn't too fond of demoting every one of you (except the inactives). 

Edited by Sketchmaticx

I forced myself to play a lot of JB in the past months so I could have the SE rank, it was hell playing between all the kids, and now it's getting taken away from me. 

That's great. 

not sure if trolling, but if not, worst attitude ever

Honestly I don't understand why there will be a cap on the total amount of VETs and Elites that the clan could have. I feel like that's unfair to those who have worked their way up to the rank and stayed active the whole time. I understand that being a Vet is an honorable position and that they're like the "role models" of the clan, but the rank shouldn't be treated like it's a staff or SO position. Just my 2 cents

I really like the demotion concept though.

Honestly I don't understand why there will be a cap on the total amount of VETs and Elites that the clan could have. I feel like that's unfair to those who have worked their way up to the rank and stayed active the whole time. I understand that being a Vet is an honorable position and that they're like the "role models" of the clan, but the rank shouldn't be treated like it's a staff or SO position. Just my 2 cents

I really like the demotion concept though.

People who are deserving of the rank will keep it

That's great. 

If you're having to force yourself to play, why are you still here?

People who are deserving of the rank will keep it

I think he was saying in the future.  Not who already have it.  C12K said:

The current stipulation is members don't nominate themselves. Staff will nominate and select Es and VETs

The current proposals are:

- Utilizing the private messages to staff for players to self nominate

- A quarterly review of L3s and Es for promotions and demotions

Example: If we authorize 10 total VET slots and 3 are demoted for inactivity or being derps; staff would screen L3s and Es for 3 possible promotions to VET.

This would be an internal process.

In there is an example that only 10 VET slots would be open. 

Sgt. Fabulous was saying people who get all the requirements but arn't promoted because there "isn't enough room".

Edit: Correct me if I am wrong in my interpretation of the question, but if not, that is also a question on my mind.

Edited by Corbek

How "deserving" do you have to be to get Vet/E. I play on the servers and post on the forums with a good deal of regularity, and I have done so for almost 3 years now, is that enough? Do I need to have helped the staff work out some kind of complex technical problem to be considered? 

Why? 

Everyone knows how I feel about the current state of JB, it's not a secret. 

??????am I going to get kicked because I don't like the JB server? 

sounds pretty shitty guy

Why? 

Everyone knows how I feel about the current state of JB, it's not a secret. 

??????am I going to get kicked because I don't like the JB server? 

sounds pretty shitty guy

I didn't say "get kicked".

Just don't play JB. There is no "JB hours" requirement to move up. There are plenty of other servers.

I didn't say "get kicked".

Just don't play JB. There is no "JB hours" requirement to move up. There are plenty of other servers.

I don't play JB, now that I have the hours needed. 

and I don't enjoy any other servers other than a bit of surf, JB was my main server and the main reason why I joined sG, as it is for the majority of the clan. 

Also, I think it might be useful for you to know you're a real piece of shit. 

How will staff decide on who 'deserves' what when many players don't know staff personally?

I can basically count the amount of times I've played in servers with staff, and that's where I've spent most of my time in the past 4 years (for those that do remember, I did take a very long LOA to serve a mission for my church (which contributes to my low post count)) ranging from mg, ze, wcs2 (tons before the lag issues ruined the population (and occasionally 1)), and mostly jb (I was even one of the first SO's in which the majority of knowing past staff members came from). Yet I still don't feel like if I were demoted, I would come up for nominations for E/Vet in the new system, because I only post when I feel like I have something meaningful or contributing to say - rather than (and I don't mean this in a bad way, but just an example) just posting "first" in a topic of a digest which adds to my post count, but I look through the forums at least 2-3 times a day to see what has been posted.